Jeena is booked as a suspect.

Kcris picks up Jeena's bag. While Kcris is taking out the money, a bottle of medicine falls out of Jeena's bag and rolls under the couch. Kcris tries to pick it up but can't get it out from beneath the couch. Kcris goes to get the parcel first, as the delivery guy is already waiting at the main door of the house. After getting the parcel, Kcris places it on the couch and tries again to get the medicine bottle out from below the couch. This time, Kcris is able to take out the medicine bottle from under the couch. Kcris is about to put it back into Jeena's bag when she realizes what exactly the medicine is for. Kcris goes to Jeena and shows her the bottle, holding it right in front of her face.
"What is this, Jeena? Why is this with you?"
Jeena tries to take the bottle from Kcris' hand but before she can, Kcris removes her hand.
"I'll ask you only once, Jeena. Why do you have this with you?"
Jeena answers in a low tone, "Because, I use it."
"Huh?... What, Jeena?"
Jeena gets up from the chair and almost shouts, "Because, I use it. I was prescribed this for my insomnia."
Kcris loses it all. To avoid falling onto the ground, Kcris somehow manages to grab the chair placed next to her.
Seeing Kcris devastated like this, Jeena remembers what Sammy has told her about Kcris in the orphanage. Jeena knows that Kcris fears that Jeena might end up being like Casey. Jeena immediately sits next to Kcris' chair on her knees and holds one of Kcris' legs. Jeena in a pleading tone requests, "Please, stop overthinking. Kcris, I am right here. Right next to you... I am okay, Kcris. So, stop worrying."
Kcris makes Jeena let go of her leg.
"Why am I so ignorant? I've been living with you for two months and still, I didn't even doubt that you could be hurting or in pain. Jeena, why didn't you tell me about it?"
"Kcris, please come down. I didn't tell you because I am a lot better now."
"Didn't you ask me to trust you? Didn't you say that you would reach out to me if you had any troubles? Why an empty promise, Jeena? Why?"
"Kcris, everything is ok. You are unnecessarily worrying about me."
"You also think that I am not good enough. Probably, you also have the same thoughts as Casey that it's useless to tell Kcris anything."
Jeena stands up on her knees, holds Kcris' face between both her hands, and makes Kcris turn to look directly into Jeena's eyes.
"Kcris, look into my eyes. See for yourself that I am okay. Do you remember the day when I almost got under your car? I promised you that day, I'll be okay. Kcris, please understand that I am not Casey. And as for this medication, I only use it sometimes. Since I started to live with you, I have gotten a lot better. I haven't taken any pills in the past 2 weeks at least. My doctor also says that I can stop going to see him after one last session."
Kcris is blankly staring at Jeena and probably understanding not even a single word coming out of Jeena's mouth. After a few seconds, Kcris finally speaks up, "Jeena, are you really okay, now?"
"Yes, Kcris. I am."
"You have already kept me in the dark. How can I trust you with anything you say now?"
Jeena after putting in some thought, says to Kcris, "Well... For starters, you can keep this bottle to yourself. If I need these, I'll ask you and so, you will automatically know if I am okay or not. Umm... For your satisfaction, I can go for a session with Dr. Sammy. You trust her, both as a friend and a doctor. So, you can trust her diagnosis too."
"Okay." It is the only word that came out of Kcris' mouth. She gets up and so does Jeena. Kcris takes the medicine bottle and places it in Jeena's hand saying, "You don't need to prove anything to me. It's your health and well-being and only you can determine what it needs. You don't need to go see Sammy. You have your doctor and don't you know how it is said? Only the doctor whom you trust is capable of curing you, can actually cure you. I am not angry anymore. I trust you. Just give me some time to get back to normal."
And Kcris starts to walk. Jeena from behind calls her.
"Yes, Jeena. What?"
"Two minutes before, you couldn't trust me, Kcris and now you do. What changed?"
"Well, Jeena, I can see your intent now."
"What does that mean, Kcris?"
"Not always actions are needed, many times intent is enough. You were ready to do things just to make me believe that you are okay and can take care of yourself. As your intent is crystal clear, I chose to believe you."
Kcris goes inside the house while Jeena sits in the garden thinking about Kcris, that her ability to see what needs to be seen is quite remarkable.
Later in the evening, Kcris knocks at Jeena's room to tell her that she will be gone for 5 days as she needs to go out of town for a conference. An hour after Kcris has left, Jeena gets a text from Kcris which has the contact numbers of two people, saying, "In case you land up in some kind of trouble, you can reach out to either of these people. They'll help you."
On regular days, Kcris would make breakfast for both before leaving for the office. Because of this, Jeena's habit of getting up early in the morning is no longer a habit as she doesn't have to cook breakfast anymore. Since the day Kcris has left for her conference, the only breakfast Jeena has is a club sandwich with lots of chipotle and mayo sauce as it is an easy quick fix.
Today is the third day since Kcris has left for her conference. Jeena's last two classes are cancelled, so, she decides to go home early. While getting out of college Jeena sees Kcris' brother at the college gate.
"Hi, Neil. How come you are here?"
"Hey, Jeena. I am here to meet Amy as I am leaving tomorrow morning. I didn't realize that you also went to the same college as my sister did."
"Would you like me to wait with you till Amy shows up?"
"Well, Jeena... If you are okay, I am okay."
"We can wait in the food court. You text Amy to meet us there."
"Sure."
All three are sitting in the food court talking to each other. Neil is talking about the features of his newly designed app, while Amy talks about the rehearsals of her upcoming theatrical play. Amidst other conversations, Jeena learns that there is a nice family who wants to adopt Ria. Most of the formalities like background checks and all are done by the respective authorities. It's just a matter of one or two weeks before Ria is adopted. None of them realize that an hour has passed since they started to talk. Amy and Neil are a bit confused to see some law and enforcement personnel accompanied by a teacher coming to their table and asking for Jeena to go with them for a few questions.
Both Neil and Amy immediately take out their phones. Neil calls her sister, while Amy calls her mother. Unfortunately, both of their calls are unanswered at the moment. Neil asks Amy to follow Jeena to keep an eye on her to know what exactly is happening and where they are taking Jeena. In the meantime, Neil calls Sean and tells him all about the situation. Sean asks Neil to be with Jeena and keep him updated till he reaches the National University. Neil, then calls Tessa, Kcris' secretary to get some lawyers as situations like these can get worse any minute and in the worst case, Jeena may end up being arrested.
Sean is 10 minutes away from the university when he gets a call from Neil saying that Jeena is being taken to the law enforcement office for interrogation.
Jeena is sitting in an interrogation room which has slightly dimmer lights. The only thing Jeena knows till now is that Alex has been using her car while she was caught driving under influence. When the interrogating officer comes in, he tells Jeena that she is accused of abetting a suspected embezzler in running away. Jeena tells the officer that she knows nothing about all this, but he doesn't believe her.
"Your girlfriend, Miss Taylor embezzled such a large sum of money and you know nothing of it. You lived with her for so long and you even let her use your car. We know it because when she was caught breaking traffic rules, she was driving your car, Ms. Fabre. For you, knowing nothing is more likely an impossible thing. Stop fooling the authorities. The earlier you cooperate, the better your chances of leaving this place."
"Sir, I am telling the truth. I know nothing of such sort. It's been more than two and a half months since I last saw Alex. I haven't contacted her since our break-up."
"Oh! Really, is that so, Ms. Fabre? In that case, why is there a GPS tracking application linked to another mobile phone installed on your phone? If not for Alex, who are you sending your whereabouts to?"
Jeena is shocked to know about this as she does not know anything about having such an app installed on her phone. Jeena doesn't know what to say to the officer so, she decides to keep mum.
"Ms. Fabre, since you have decided not to cooperate, I think you better stay the night here. Maybe, after mulling overnight, you will tell us the truth in the morning. Thank you."
And, the officer gets up to leave the room. Before leaving the room, the officer tells Jeena, "Ms. Fabre, you can use your free call to call up your lawyer or maybe a family member for help. I don't want people questioning us for violations of human rights."
"No, sir. I don't want to call anybody."
After the officer has left, Jeena thinks about the app on her phone that the officer has told her about. This is when Jeena realizes that the phone she has been using is not hers but the one that Kcris has gotten for her when she lost her previous phone. Jeena has the option to call for help. Though Jeena knows that Kcris' people are quite good at taking care of situations like this, she decides not to call for help. The reason behind Jeena's decision is that she thinks, Kcris has already been in a lot of trouble because of her past relationship with Alex and she shouldn't bother her anymore.
An hour later, the same officer comes into the room and says to Jeena, "Clearly, you didn't want to call for help because you already knew that people are working to get you out of here."
Jeena is thinking about who could have been the one helping her as she has told no one. It is when the officer passes a sheet of paper to Jeena to sign.
"Sign here and you are free to go. And before you leave, remember one thing if in any way you are involved in this embezzlement, even that big business person Kcristina Pattinson can't help you."
Hearing Kcris' name, Jeena's curiosity about who helped her is finally resolved.
After coming out of the interrogation room, Jeena sees Neil and Tessa and immediately thanks them for helping her. Jeena, Neil, and Tessa come out of the law and enforcement office. Sean and Paraam (Kcris' driver) are also there. 10 minutes have passed and all are still standing there. Jeena checks her phone and it is around 11:00 p.m. This makes Jeena ask, "Are we waiting for someone?"
Neil tells Jeena, "Yes. Sister is inside with the lawyer talking to the head of the law and enforcement department."
Jeena is surprised to hear this as Kcris is supposed to come after two days. So, she asks, "Neil, when did Kcris come back from her conference?"
Tessa answers to Jeena, "The moment Ms. Pattinson found out about you, she took the earliest flight to come back."
Before anybody could say anything else, Kcris comes out with the lawyer.
"Sean, can you please drop Tessa home? And also take Neil with you he has a flight to catch in the morning."
Tessa and Neil go with Sean in his car. Kcris and Jeena along with the lawyer go to another car. Paraam and the lawyer are in front whereas Kcris and Jeena are in the back seat.
In the car, the lawyer tells Kcris, "The charges on Ms. Fabre are based on the assumption that she is still in contact with her ex-girlfriend Ms. Taylor. There isn't even circumstantial evidence for it, let alone proper evidence to prove her involvement in the embezzlement case. Usually, in cases like these, the person is given a period of 2 days to appear in the law and enforcement office for questioning and not like what happened with Miss Fabre. Somebody must have intentionally pushed the officers to take such a step as they would never overstep their bounds to disregard the standard procedure."
Kcris interrupts, saying, "Mr. Lee, we'll discuss all this tomorrow morning in my office. It's enough for today."
By the time they reach Kcris' house, Jeena is already sleeping with her head resting on Kcris' shoulder. Kcris wakes Jeena up and tells Paraam, "Drop Mr. Lee at his house. And that's all for today. Thank you and Good night."
"Good night, ma'am." And Paraam drives off.
Both get inside the house. Tonight, Kcris hasn't spoken a single word to Jeena. Jeena turns to Kcris to say something but before she can say anything, Kcris goes like, "Wasn't it 4 days back, when you asked me to trust you? Jeena, I trusted you then, but why didn't you trust me?"
"Kcris, I have always trusted you."
"Oh! Really... Jeena?"
"Yes."
"Then, why didn't you call me? I was told that you denied your right to call someone for help, saying that you don't want to call anybody."
"Kcris..."
"What Kcris? If Neil hadn't called to inform, no one would have known, Jeena."