Kcris meets an old college friend.

"It's okay, Maria. Don't be sorry. And, as for dinner, you can pick anything."
"Are you sure, Jeena?"
"Yes, Maria."
After talking to Maria on the phone, Jeena right away calls Kcris. But, to Jeena's surprise, Kcris' secretary, Tessa picks up the call.
"Sorry, Ms. Fabre that you had to call. Actually, I was supposed to call you half an hour back, but I got busy with some stuff. I really am sorry."
"It's okay, Tessa. No problem. But, why didn't Kcris answer her phone? Where is she?"
"That's what I was supposed to tell you on the call. Actually, ma'am won't be free till tomorrow afternoon because of some urgent work. She is in the office only. And along with this, I was supposed to tell you that you have to reach the law and enforcement office tomorrow at 11 a.m. Our lawyer, Mr. Lee will meet you there and guide you through the procedure."
"Okay. Tessa. I'll reach on time. Is there anything else?"
"No, miss. That's all."
After some time, Maria reaches Kcris' house. Jeena gets the door for her. Maria gets in and walks straight to the dining table to place the food she has brought with her.
"Maria, you sit here. I'll get the dishes and the bowls for the food."
Maria immediately refuses by saying, "No. Your hand is hurt. You better sit. I will get them."
Seeing Maria find everything so easily in the kitchen, Jeena is a bit surprised so, she asks her, "How come you are so comfortable going around in the house, Maria?"
"Oh! Yes. I am quite familiar with this house. A few years back when Casey left us, this house became Kcris' runaway spot. Whenever she was nowhere to be found, she would be here all alone. (Maria serves the food before saying further,) I would often stay here, keeping her company, trying to console her. But, little did I have to offer as you know Kcris isn't very forthcoming when it's about her feelings."
Jeena doesn't understand why Maria telling her all this, is making her a bit upset. Despite this, both continue chit-chatting while having dinner. Maria without realizing that she might sound a bit rude, asks Jeena if she is fighting with Kcris over something.
"No... Not a fight. We had a little argument about my ex. Kcris thinks that she is a horrible person and I should keep my distance from her."
"Well, you should listen to Kcris. She wouldn't ask you to do anything unless it is necessary."
Jeena doesn't like the way Maria is siding with Kcris so, in a less likely taunting way, she tells Maria, "You are her friend. You'll side with Kcris, no matter what she says."
"It's not like that, Jeena. Kcris is quite good when it comes to reading people."
By this time, Jeena is really pissed off, first because of Kcris and now because of a slightly lesser version of her i.e. Maria. So, to avoid any further conversation, Jeena nods her head in agreement with Maria and says okay. Another reason why Jeena hasn't said anything is that, though Maria is more inclined toward Kcris, she has been nothing but extremely nice to Jeena. Take for instance, Maria has cooked for Jeena many times, and even today, Maria has brought food for Jeena and not only that, also helped Jeena with the dishes and the cleaning.
Despite being upset with Kcris and Maria, Jeena doesn't let Maria feel anything instead, she shows her gratitude to Maria for helping her tonight.
Before leaving, Maria tells Jeena, "Don't forget to apply the ointment before sleeping. Kcris asked me to buy a new one as not much was left in the old tube. There are some anti-inflammatory meds for your pain in it too. Take care, Jeena. Bye."
The next day, Jeena takes a day off from college to go to the law enforcement office. As Mr. Lee has been there to help her, she gets back home in no time. Around 2 in the afternoon, Kcris is also back home. Kcris without saying a single word goes straight to her room. Jeena is still crossed at Kcris so, she also decides to do the same and hence ignores Kcris. Though on the contrary, Jeena is not very good at handling incomplete conversations and more importantly the ones which are arguments like the one she has had with Kcris yesterday. With her full determination, Jeena ignores Kcris' rude behavior, but this attempt of hers is successful only for 10 minutes. Finally, Jeena gives up and goes to Kcris' room. Jeena knocks, but there is no answer and so, she knocks again. This time also Kcris doesn't answer, but as the door isn't locked from the inside, it opens up on its own. So now, Jeena is standing at the door thinking to herself, "Why is Kcris sleeping like this? Why didn't she take off her shoes and change before sleeping?"
Actually, it seems like, Kcris has been sitting on the side of the bed with her legs down when she suddenly falls asleep. As a result of this, Kcris' half body is on the bed and her legs are still down. Jeena goes inside the room, removes Kcris' shoes, holds both her legs, and puts them on the bed. Then, Jeena adjusts Kcris' pillow and makes her lie straight and comfortably on the bed before covering her with the comforter. While doing all this, Jeena is constantly talking to herself, going like, "You really are something, Kcris. You can manage such a huge business, but don't know how to sleep properly. If you weren't tired and sleeping, I would have eaten you alive after how you walked out on me yesterday, in the middle of the conversation."
"What are you rambling about, Jeena?"
"Wow." Jeena is startled, the moment Kcris says this as Jeena has been thinking that Kcris is fast asleep.
"You scared me, Kcris."
Kcris can't process anything properly as she is still in a half-sleep state, so in confusion, she goes like, "Huh... What?"
Jeena gets it, so she holds Kcris by her shoulders and slightly pushes her down into the bed, saying, "You need rest. Just go to sleep, Kcris. Close your eyes."
Just when Kcris is about to close her eyes, she remembers something and asks Jeena, "How is your wrist, now?"
"It's much better, Kcris. Just sleep." And then, Jeena makes Kcris close her eyes by gently sliding her palm over Kcris' face. On her way out, Jeena slowly closes the door behind her. Jeena after coming out of Kcris' room, sits on the couch in the living room and goes back to her studies. After some time, Jeena gets a call from her college friend Ayesha.
"Hey, Jeena. I need a quick favor. Can you give me Kcris' number? Actually, she gave me her card, but I lost it."
"Okay. I can give it to you, Ayesha. But, can I ask why you need it?"
"Kcris took us to the orphanage that day, remember?"
"Yes."
"While talking to Kcris, I mistakenly slipped that some of my relatives also ran an orphanage. So, Kcris told me she would be interested in making a few donations."
"Okay. Okay. Ayesha, I get it. I'll text you the number. But, please can you not call her for the next few hours? She just went to sleep."
"Okay, Jeena. I won't. But, can I ask you something?"
"Yups. Shoot."
"What sort of person Kcris really is? I mean... she seems so nice and helpful. What do you think, Jeena?"
"Why are you asking me, Ayesha?"
"Obviously, because you live with her and she is your friend."
"Huh... (and there is a deep sigh). Well, Ayesha, Kcris is a total mystery for me too. You won't believe it. Yesterday, we had a fight and today, when she got home she was so tired that she could barely keep her eyes open. Despite this, she still asked me if my wrist was ok or not. Who does that? I mean... if you are angry, you don't care, right? But weirdly, Kcris does."
"Jeena, without even realizing you just said that Kris is a nice person."
"Yeah... I think so, Ayesha."
"Anyway, take care, Jeena. (Jeena knows that Ayesha is smiling while saying this.)"
"Bye."
A few hours later, Kcris gets up, showers, and then comes out of her room. Jeena is in the kitchen, making coffee for herself.
"Can I get a cup too?"
"Yes, sure. Just give me a minute, Kcris."
"Now, that I am not sleeping anymore, aren't you gonna eat me alive?
"What new nonsense are you spewing now, Kcris?"
"You, yourself said that you'll eat me alive because I walked out on you."
"Weren't you sleeping at that time? You are such a cheater, Kcris."
Kcris, while looking at all the books scattered on that center table and the couch in the living area, asks Jeena, "Are you going to study some more, Jeena or are you done for today?"
Jeena chuckles before saying, "You are asking as if you're gonna take me out for dinner or something."
Kcris playfully tells Jeena, "Well, 10 points for the right answer go to Miss Jeena."
"Really?"
"Yes, Jeena. Really. I have an invitation for some event tonight. So, are you available or not?"
"Of course, I am. So, what should I wear... I mean, like... Is there any dress code or something?"
Kcris checks the time and goes like, "We still have a lot of time. Umm... You just take a shower and wear something casual. Make-up, shoes, dress... All are on me for tonight."
"Okay. Let's do this, Kcris."
Jeena is all excited, so while arranging all her books and papers, she is giggling ear to ear, just like a little kid who has just got permission to go to his friend's birthday party.
"Yeah, yeah... We are having a girls' night."
Seeing Jeena like this, Kcris picks up her coffee and goes back to her room smiling.
An hour or so later, both Kcris and Jeena are standing outside a closed store. Kcris makes a call and a beautiful lady, dressed in a white shirt, black pencil skirt, and stilettos, comes out to take them inside the store. While getting inside Jeena asks Kcris, "The store was closed. How do you do all this, Kcris? Does the store owner owe you something?"
From behind, there is a voice that says, "No. The store owner is family."
Hearing this, Jeena turns to see who this person is and he is no other than Peter Fabiola. Jeena is shocked to see herself standing in Peter Fabiola's store, so it takes her a few seconds to come around to this fact. Jeena then, asks Peter, "But, there was no name sign outside the store. Why?"
"Yes, my dear Jeena. That's because the store isn't open to customers yet. Anyway, I have prepared your outfits. But, as I have to leave for some work, Rosé here, will help you with everything (pointing to the lady who brought Kcris and Jeena inside the store)."
Peter leaves, saying bye to Jeena and giving a side hug to Kcris. Rosé then takes Kcris and Jeena to the powder room, where two makeup artists are already waiting for them. Once both are done with the makeup, dress, and everything they leave for the event. When Kcris and Jeena arrive at the event, one waiting staff straight away escorts them to meet Mr. David Pioneer.
(Mr. David Pioneer besides, being the owner of Pioneer industries, used to be a professor at the National University, back in the day when Kcris was an undergrad student at the University.)
The moment Mr. David Pioneer sees Kcris, he gives her a big warm hug.
"Hello, professor. How is your health these days?"
"Well, as good as any 81-year-old man would be."
Looking at Jeena, Mr. David Pioneer in a gesture of affection, extends his hand for Jeena to hold, asking Kcris, "What's this young lady's name, Kcristina?"
"Hello, sir. My name is Jeena."
While, Mr. Pioneer, Kcris, and Jeena are all busy talking, some guy in a black tuxedo comes and stands next to Mr. Pioneer, saying, "Sorry, father. I had to pick mom on my way here."
Seeing this guy, Kcris is shocked and only one word comes out of her mouth which is, 'Alaric'.
Mr. David Pioneer immediately asks them if they have known each other from before, to which Kcris answers, "Not really, professor. We had a few classes together in the final year of our post-grad. Back then, I didn't know that he was your son."
To tease Kcris, Alaric then asks her, "Why? Would you have accepted my proposal if you knew that I was your professor's son?"
To which Kcris playfully answers, "No. I would have run in the opposite direction with twice the speed."
With this conversation going on, Jeena is intrigued, so she immediately asks, "What proposal?"
"Obviously, the proposal for being my girlfriend and then my wife."
Jeena is displeased with the answer, which can be clearly seen on her face. But, before anyone can notice this, Amy pops up from somewhere and hugs Jeena tightly. Amy immediately separates, apologizing, "Sorry, sorry... I didn't mean to ruin your dress. I just am happy to see you here."
In response to this, Jeena smiles and goes like, "It's okay, Amy."
Amy then tells Kcris that she is going to borrow Jeena for some time and Kcris agrees to it. Both Amy and Jeena, run off to the food section.