Is it a one-day relationship?

Kcris pulls Jeena close to her and slides her hand below Jeena's neck. Kcris kisses Jeena's forehead and then further says to her, "Jeena, stop thinking about anything and just rest in my arms."
"Okay." And, Jeena closes her eyes. Just a few minutes later, Jeena is sleeping soundly.
Two hours later, Kcris wakes up. Jeena is still cuddling Kcris, placing her head on Kcris' arm and wrapping her arm around Kcris' waist. Jeena seems so comfortable like she is a kid who's sleeping comfortably in the embrace of her mother. Kcris slowly gets out of bed without disturbing Jeena. Around 8 in the evening, Jeena gets up and is shocked to not find Kcris in the room. Jeena right away, calls Kcris and in a panicked voice says, "Où es-tu, Kcris ?"
"Huh? Jeena. Jeena, calm down and please speak in English."
(It's very common for people to speak in their first language when they are panicked or angry. The same happened with Jeena as she got scared when she couldn't find Kcris.)
"Where are you, Kcris?"
"Oh! That's what you were saying. I am downstairs. Take your time to freshen up and then come down. Let's have dinner together."
Kcris and Jeena enjoy their dinner and afterward, Kcris takes Jeena for a walk by the beach. After some distance, Kcris stops and stands in front of Jeena.
"What, Kcris?"
"Enough with the pretending, I am done now. Jeena, I think we should break up. Either way, it wasn't even a relationship."
Jeena's voice starts to break and she stammers while saying, "You're kidding, right? You can't be serious, Kcris?"
"No, Jeena. I am not kidding. You were right, it was just a mere curiosity. After spending a day with you, I don't think I like it. How can anyone like you, Jeena? I guess Alex was better at handling boredom because I can't bear it even for a day."
Kcris is trying very hard to be ignorant about everything. It's getting harder for Kcris to make Jeena believe that she doesn't care about her at all. The truth is that Kcris is doing all that only for Jeena so that in the future she doesn't wait for Kcris and moves on with her life in the way she is supposed to. Kcris continues to bad mouth Jeena and especially her feelings.
Jeena has had enough, so she slaps Kcris hard. Luckily, it's dinner time, so there is hardly anyone on the beach to see this.
"Enough is enough, Kcris. Stop it. I know you are scared. But, this doesn't mean you can say all this crap."
"How dare you, Jeena?"
"To slap you?... I can and I will. Because I am your girlfriend, damn it."
Tears start to roll down Kcris' cheeks. Jeena stands on her tip-toes to kiss Kcris' forehead and then hugs her tightly going like, "It's okay to be scared, Kcris. But, that doesn't mean you have to run away from people you care about. I know it, I know all about it. Your surgery is quite a difficult one. And, you are not sure about it. You don't know if you can see me again or not. And,
that's why you want me to break up with you. Am I right, Kcris?"
Kcris separates from Jeena and asks, "How do you know?"
"Kcris, do you really think that you can hide things from me here? This is the town where I grew up and I know people around here. The bike we drove was from a school friend, who also happens to be a junior doctor working in the hospital you were in last night. He told me all about your condition."
"So, you knew all along and pretended like nothing. Jeena, were you really happy when we enjoyed the sunrise or played in the water? Or was it also pretending?"
"Kcris, I don't know about when I am with others, but whenever I am with you, I have seen that it's easy for you to read my emotions. I can never fake my emotions with you as you can always see through me. And now that I think, I guess it has always been like this with us. Remember, when we first met, I cried hugging you even though we were total strangers at that time."
Kcris has a sudden laugh. "Yes. You cried like a baby in the restroom. I have to send people to the other restroom to avoid them from seeing you cry. Poor them."
Jeena then takes Kcris' hands in hers and says to her, "Take your time. Get better. And, when you are healthy again, come back to me. I'll be waiting for my girlfriend to come to me. Until then, I'll focus on my college, my studies, and my modelling career."
"But, Jeena..."
Jeena places a finger on Kcris' lips, saying, "No if's and but's, Kcris. I know, you think, I am being irrational. But, I am not and I have thought about it. In the worst case, if something bad has to happen, at least I would feel at ease that I choose not to break up with you. And I'll be your girlfriend forever. So, please stop thinking about breaking up with me. Rather, think about getting better and coming back to me quickly."
Kcris pulls Jeena towards herself and lifts her while hugging her tightly.
"Kcris, everyone is looking at us. Put me down."
"Ok, ok, I am."
Both start to walk again and while walking only, Jeena asks Kcris if she would like to have some ice cream.
"We can have that, Jeena. But, before that, I want to say thank you. I know it must have taken you a lot of courage to say something like that to comfort me. People fear even thinking about losing their loved ones let alone talk about it. Thank you for being bold and courageous for me."
"Kcris, the person you choose to be with is not a fragile one. You don't always have to take care of me as I can do it for you too. This time let me be your support."
Kcris smiles and takes Jeena to the nearby ice cream parlor. Both enjoy their ice-creams and later in the night, both fall asleep in each other's arms while talking to each other.
The next morning, when Jeena gets up, Kcris is not there. So, she checks the entire suite and finds nothing, but a letter on the table with a few white chocolate wafers that Jeena has got for Kcris in the hospital. The letter says,
“As a kid, whenever I used to feel sick or sad, Neil would give me his white chocolate wafers saying that these are his power boosters and they will heal me faster. These used to be Neil’s favorite snacks as a kid; even today, he never shares his snacks with anyone. Since then, I still find these giving me tons of energy to fight tough situations like these. I am leaving some of my power boosters for you so that you never run out of energy.
P.S. You are the first one, I am sharing this with. It’s our first secret as girlfriends.”
After finishing the letter, Jeena calls Kcris for fear that her call might not be received. But. Kcris takes Jeena’s call.
“Hello, Kcris. I thought you wouldn’t pick up.”
“Why wouldn’t I? Anyway, you’re up, so have you decided what you’ll have for breakfast?”
“Where are you, Kcris?”
“I am halfway to the airport, Jeena.”
“Why didn’t you wake me up before leaving?”
“Because Jeena, then I wouldn’t be able to leave.”
Jeena says nothing and remains silent. Kcris knows that Jeena’s eyes are filled with tears and she is just holding herself from crying by staying mum. This makes Kcris try to divert Jeena’s mind.
“Jeena, stop crying, or else you’re gonna waste all my efforts and money.”
“What do you mean by that, Kcris?”
“What I mean is that I missed the opportunity to wake you up and say bye to you so that you don’t have to cry. But, you’re crying, so all my efforts are gone waste. And also, you’re not interested in having a nice breakfast of your choosing which means, the money I paid in Jeff’s resort is also going to be wasted."
Jeena chuckles and says, “I know what you’re doing. But, Kcris, I am okay. And now, I am going to utilize my rich girlfriend’s money. Don’t regret spoiling me, in the future, girlfriend.”
“Never.”
“Take care of yourself and I’ll do the same. Bye, Kcris.”
One and a half month has passed since Kcris left for the UK for her treatment. Today, Jeena will be returning from her hometown as her college will be starting soon. Jeena texts Tessa to ask her if it would be okay for her to stay in the same house, she used to live with Kcris. In reply, Tessa's text reads as, "Of course, Ms. Jeena. In fact, ma'am left the keys for you. You give me a call when you reach there. I'll have them delivered to you."
The moment Jeena enters the house, it's all squeaky clean. Even the groceries are already bought. Jeena calls Tessa to thank her.
"Hi, Tessa. Thank you for everything."
"Not a problem, Ms. Jeena."
"Do you have any update about Kcris' condition? How is she doing?"
"Ms. Pattinson's surgery is postponed again due to tension in her lung arteries."
"Hmm... Okay and thank you for all the texts you send me, updating me about Kcris' health. It means a lot."
"You don't need to thank me, Ms. Jeena. I am just doing my job."
(Jeena, right away understands the undertone here which means that Tessa knows about Kcris and her relationship.)
"Thank you, Tessa. Have a good day."
"You too, Ms. Jeena." And, the call is disconnected.
Jeena starts college the following week. Jeena has started to keep herself busy so that she thinks less about Kcris and more about other things. No matter how strong Jeena has posed herself in front of Kcris, she does have a soft heart and feels pain and hurt a lot. Last year, Jeena missed a lot of college workshops and voluntary camps. But, this time Jeena has signed up for almost every single one of them. This makes Rick, (Jeena's college friend) ask Jeena, "Are you compensating for last year when you ditched us on almost... no, no... every college activity by signing up for all of them this year?"
This is meant to be a joke, but Jeena is in no mood for it as she has just received a text from Tessa saying that Kcris' condition is not getting better due to consecutive relapses. Ayesha knows about it, so she gestures to Rick to stop. Ayesha and Rick have known each other since childhood and so, Rick immediately understands Ayesha's gestures and leaves them alone.
"Jeena, Kcris will be all right. Don’t worry. It's just a matter of time. Don't lose your patience now."
Jeena bursts into crying. "Ayesha, it wasn't even 24 hours that we were together. I know, I have to stay strong for her, but sometimes it becomes too hard to stay strong."
Ayesha pats Jeena's back to give her some encouragement and goes like, "I know that, Jeena. I know you are doing your best."
Ayesha further suggests Jeena. "Why don't you start dancing again? Jeena, why don't you rejoin the dance studio?"
"I can't. It will remind me of Kcris even more, after all, I saw her for the first time in the dance studio itself."
Another month has passed and Jeena is still being so hard on herself. Jeena continues to study hard. She has now started taking advertisements and commercials along with modelling for various brands.
For two people who are in love and are together four months is a time that flies in a flick of a second. But, for a person who is waiting for someone to return, the same four months feel like a century. The same is with Jeena, every day she waits for her wait to end and every night she sleeps with a thought that maybe tomorrow is the day when she’ll hear some good news about Kcris and her longing for her will be over.
Lucky for Jeena, today is the day when her wish is going to come true. Jeena gets a call from Tessa during a commercial shoot.
“Hello, Miss Jeena. There is good news. Ma’am’s surgery has been successfully done. She just needs time to recover now. Doctors say that her recovery may take a few months. But, everything looks good as of now.”
Even Tessa’s voice tells how happy she is with the news as Kcris is not just her boss, but also her friend. After this, Jeena happily finishes the shoot and comes back home.
After long months of despair, Jeena finally has some happiness for herself and this makes her cook a nice French feast for herself that includes a few dishes namely, 'Coq au vin', 'Cassoulet', 'Quiche lorraine', and 'Salade niçoise'.
Jeena while cooking doesn't even realize that she is cooking too many dishes and she alone would not be able to finish them. After finishing, Jeena realizes that she needs more people to finish the food she has prepared. So, Jeena calls Ayesha and Rick, but due to some urgency, Rick couldn't make it. As a last resort, Jeena invites Maria and her daughter for dinner. All four of them have a nice French dinner. As it's getting late, Jeena asks them to stay. Ayesha agrees, but Maria refuses as her daughter has to go to school tomorrow. Jeena and Ayesha bid them bye and later on decide to have a movie night. Both Ayesha and Jeena enjoy movies all night and go to bed around 4 a.m. in the morning. Both don't have any morning classes, so they can sleep up until late without any worries. The next afternoon, both leave in Ayesha's car for the college.