Kcris sees Dr. Sammy.

Kcris doesn't even wait for the next morning and calls up Tessa in the middle of the night to cancel all her work for the next day. Kcris doesn't get much sleep that night. Kcris calls Dr. Sammy's clinic, first thing in the morning, to confirm her appointment. Kcris gets to the clinic half an hour before her allotted time. The moment Kcris enters Dr. Sammy's room, she goes like, "Hi, Sammy. Are you doing good?"
"Hello, Kcris. You could have called me directly. Why book an appointment?"
"Right now, what I need is Dr. Sammy and not my friend Sammy."
"Okay then, shall we start our session? You only have one hour."
"Yes, please."
"So, tell me what is bothering you these days, Ms. Pattinson?"
"It's Jeena."
"What about her? Please, elaborate."
Kcris tells Sammy everything that has happened between her and Jeena in the past couple of days.
"So... what you are saying, Kcris is that Jeena thought that you like her. Or should I say, she misunderstood that you like her?"
"Yes."
"And, then you told Jeena that she has been reading the entire situation wrong and it wasn't like that. Am I right, Kcris?"
"Yes, Sammy. You are right."
"Then what's the problem here? Jeena had a misunderstanding and you resolved it."
"The problem is she left for her hometown and her phone is switched off."
"It's totally understandable, Kcris. Even if it wasn't a relationship, she must be heartbroken. And, most people prefer to be alone or with their families to process that. Besides, how is any of this a problem for you, Kcris?"
"But, I have developed a habit of living with her."
"Umm... Okay. So what? Jeena isn't supposed to meet her family just because you have developed a habit of living with her. Is that what you are trying to say, Kcris?"
"I don't know, Sammy. I don't know anything anymore now. I don't know what to expect. It's just that I want her to be here."
"Do you know, Kcris, the way you are behaving just now is how a 5-year-old kid behaves when she can't choose what to eat between chocolate and vanilla ice cream."
Kcris is now getting agitated as even Sammy doesn't have the answers Kcris has been looking for. Sammy can also sense this, so she asks Kcris to calm down and take a few deep breaths before thinking about what exactly she wants. It is not easy for Kcris to calm down especially when her mental turmoil and frustration are getting worse even by the passing seconds. After a few deep breaths, Kcris gets up with a smile on her face and hugs Sammy.
"Thanks, Sammy, for being such a good doctor. You're a genius."
Sammy, in confusion, asks Kcris if something has happened.
"Nothing. Now, I know what I want and what I should do."
"And, that is...?"
"I am going to see Jeena."
"But, didn't she ask you not to disturb her?"
"Proposing to her doesn't mean disturbing her."
Sammy is shocked to hear this and hence tries to stop Kcris from doing something reckless.
"Kcris, you shouldn't do some..."
And, before Sammy could finish her statement, Kcris is already gone. On the way out, Sammy's receptionist greets Kcris, but Kcris doesn't even notice. While getting down the stairs in a rush, Kcris calls Tessa and asks her to arrange everything.
It's almost midnight when Kcris along with Tessa, Ray, and others lands. So, everyone decides to check in at the hotel, instead of going straight to their respective destinations. Kcris wants to see Jeena so badly, but she has no option other than to wait till the next morning.
Here at Jeena's home, everybody gets up early in the morning as there is a lot of work to do. Jeena's mother and brother apart from managing a French restaurant of their own, have to take care of agricultural farms too. Despite being a lazy bum, Jeena also gets up early to help everyone. Today, Jeena is busy cleaning the vegetables when her sister comes in.
“Sœur, où es-tu allée si tôt le matin? Maman m'a demandé deux fois si tu es revenu ou non.”
(As Jeena’s family originally hails from France, both Jeena and her sister prefer talking in French. The translation for the above goes like this, "Sister, where did you go so early in the morning? Mom asked me twice whether you came back or not.”)
To which, Jeena's sister answers, “Je suis allé chercher un ami. Et ne t'inquiète pas pour maman, elle le sait maintenant.”
(In English, it means, "I went to pick up a friend. And, don't worry about Mom, she knows that now.")
Hearing this, Jeena right away asks her sister, “Quel ami?”
(In English, it means, "Which friend?")
And here comes Kcris. Jeena's sister then turns to Kcris and goes like, "I have held my end of the bargain and now it's your turn."
Jeena intervenes and asks looking at both, her sister and Kcris, "Since, when Kcris became your friend and what's the deal between you two?"
Both Kcris and Jeena's sister ignore Jeena shamelessly. Kcris then tells Jeena's sister, "Don't worry my part is also done. You have an interview with Peter Fabiola on the 2nd of next month."
"Thank you, Kcristina." And then Jeena's sister turns to Jeena and goes like, "Lorsque vous avez fini de parler, descendez prendre votre petit-déjeuner. Et, oui, nous sommes devenus amis la nuit dernière.”
(In English, it means, “When you are done talking, come downstairs to have your breakfast. And, yes, we became friends last night.")
After saying this Jeena's sister leaves.
Jeena, who has been cleaning the vegetables before Kcris and her sister came, now stands still and keeps looking at Kcris. Jeena has no idea of what just happened. Kcris comes close to Jeena and turns off the water tap, while whispering into Jeena's ears, "Water is a scarce resource and we shouldn't be wasting it, Jeena."
Kcris' closeness gives Jeena a quiver and she slightly pushes Kcris away.
"All right, I won't stand that close to you. But, can you please, stop squinting your eyes as they are already so small?"
Jeena responds to this by turning back to the sink and going back to cleaning the vegetables.
"Need a hand with that, Jeena?"
"No, I can clean vegetables by myself. You first tell me, why are you here."
Kcris is a bit confused and hence she asks Jeena, "Shouldn't you be asking how come I know where to find you?"
And, Jeena laughs. "Really Kcris?... I have lived enough with you to know that it's just a matter of seconds for you to find the whereabouts of any person. So, please tell me what you are here for."
Kcris goes and hugs Jeena from behind and this startles Jeena.
"What are you doing, Kcris?"
"Nothing. Just helping you with the veggies."
Jeena closes the water tap, puts aside the veggies, and turns to face Kcris. Kcris' arms are still encircling Jeena's waist. Jeena gives Kcris, a deadly stare before asking Kcris to tell her, Kcris' reason for being there and also the deal between Kcris and her sister.
"Okay, okay... I'll tell you everything, Jeena."
Kcris takes Jeena's both hands into hers and takes her to sit on the chair lying next to them. Kcris herself sits on her knees, placing her hand on Jeena's thigh, and goes like, "I am here to attend a wedding anniversary event. It's Ray's parents' marriage anniversary. And, as for your sister, it is nothing. I am just helping her land a good job."
This is the first time, Kcris has lied to Jeena, but she has no option other than this to tell Jeena. It would be practically impossible for Jeena to believe if Kcris told her that she is there for Jeena. Although it's only a half lie as Kcris will be attending the event. But, at the same time, there is no denying the fact that if it hasn't been for Jeena, Kcris would never have come.
"Kcris, do you know, this is the first time, I feel like your answer lacks sincerity."
Kcris smiles to herself as she now knows that Jeena does sense everything about her and Kcris being able to find this fact about Jeena makes Kcris regret lying to Jeena a bit lesser. Knowing that Jeena understands Kcris in a way that even Jeena doesn't know, makes Kcris surer about her feelings for Jeena.
"Can you stop smiling, Kcris? And, tell me what business you do have with me?"
"Don't you like to see me smile?"
"Of course, I love it when you smile... (Jeena says this in one go, but right after, she feels a little embarrassed as she shouldn't have said this in front of Kcris. So, Jeena tries to correct herself by going like) I mean... Everyone looks good when they smile, isn't it?"
Kcris says yes in a subtle tone, but from inside she is giggling like anything.
Before both can talk properly, Jeena's sister has come to ask them to come downstairs for breakfast. At the breakfast table, considering that Kcris doesn’t speak French, Jeena’s entire family talks in English so that Kcris doesn’t feel left out. Kcris also expresses her gratitude for them being so thoughtful. Later on, during the breakfast itself, Kcris asks Jeena's mother for permission to take Jeena with her to attend Ray's parents' marriage anniversary.
"Wait. You said you are here to attend the event. When did I come into this?"
"Tessa wants you to attend it."
"Huh? Kcris aren't you forgetting a little something? Tessa is your secretary, not mine."
"Oh-ho! Jeena, it's not like that. Tessa is Ray's elder sister. So, you know..."
"What? Since when? Sky never said so. Even when we went to your office, Tessa and Sky practically behaved like strangers."
"Yes, I know that, Jeena. Sky and Tessa aren't on talking terms. Actually, Tessa and Ray are siblings. Sky is their younger sister from another mother."
Before Jeena can say anything, her mother intervenes by saying, "You should go, Jeena. You told me, Sky is your friend and it's her parents' marriage anniversary, so you should be there with her."
In the end, Jeena agrees to go. Once all are done with the breakfast, Kcris asks Jeena's family for permission to leave. Jeena wants Kcris to leave as fast as she can, whereas on the other hand, after learning that Kcris is staying at a hotel all by herself, Jeena's mother asks Kcris to stay with them. Kcris could have easily said no, but she never wants to miss a chance to stay with Jeena. Before Kcris can say yes or no, all of a sudden, she starts to feel dizzy. Luckily, Jeena's brother holds her before she actually falls. Jeena immediately comes to help and makes her brother let go of Kcris first. Jeena then takes Kcris to her room and asks her to take some rest. Jeena makes Kcris lie on the bed and covers her with a duvet. Jeena is about to leave when Kcris pulls her to the bed and goes like, "I was just kidding. I am fine. I just wanted to talk to you alone."
Jeena hits Kcris on her arm, going like, "How insensitive of you, Kcris?... Wait. You have a temperature. You weren't kidding. You're lying."
"Leave it. I haven't been sleeping properly for the past couple of days. So, maybe the flight was too much for me. Ahh! Can we just talk? It's important."
"No, we are not. First, you'll take your medicine and then you'll sleep. No questions asked."
Kcris sits up and tells Jeena that she won't be taking medicine unless they both talk. As a middle path, Jeena first gives Kcris the medicine and starts to wipe her body with ice-cold water on the condition that Jeena will listen to Kcris while wiping her body.
"Tell me, what you want to talk about. What's so important?"
"I am sorry, Jeena."
"For what?"
"For dismissing you like that when you said what all happened between us was because we liked each other."
"Why are you apologizing? Didn't you say that it's all in my head? Plus you asked me to act as if nothing happened... as if nothing has changed between us."
"I did say that. And I am sorry. But now, what should I do with this thing in my head?"
There is a muffled laugh before Jeena tells Kcris, “You talk like you have a tumor or something in your head."
"What will you do if I say yes, Jeena?"
"What?" And all that anger and sarcasm Jeena has for Kcris, now change into concern. "How did this happen? Are you okay, Kcris? Did you see a doctor? What did the doctor say?"
Kcris smiles and tells Jeena that she was joking, which Jeena doesn't like at all, and hits Kcris again, but this time it is much harder than last time.
"Ouch, it hurts, Jeena."
"It should... Anyway, I am done wiping you. You should sleep now."
"But, we aren't finished talking yet."
"Kcris, I need to help my mom. Besides, I'll be going to the party with you tonight. So, please let me help her with the work. And also, you need to take a rest so that you don't miss the event tonight. We can talk later."
Kcris says 'okay' in a disheartened voice and closes her eyes.
Later in the evening, even though Kcris' fever hasn't subsided yet, she gets ready along with Jeena to attend Ray's parents' wedding anniversary.