Neil visits Jeena in the hospital.

"I do, sis... Always."
"No, Jeena... you don't. Did you tell me about Kcris' birthday party?... No... you didn't. If I knew about it, at least I would have been in town for you when all this happened."
"That's totally Kcris' fault. You had your business trip planned for the same day. We both know that if you knew about Kcris' birthday, you would definitely postpone your trip. So, Kcris asked me not to disturb your work. Besides, how can anyone know that something bad is gonna happen? It was just a regular party and that too in our own house. No one expected this, sis."
"Okay, fine. This may have been Kcris' fault. But, what about your relationship with her? Did Kcris also ask you to not tell me about your relationship with her and hide it?"
"No, sis. That was my idea. You know how things ended up between me and Alex. So, I thought maybe you wouldn't approve of our relationship thinking that I may not be making a rational decision and it's a spur-of-the-moment thing. I wanted to give it some time. I thought, once I am fully sure of Kcris, I'll tell you. And then, things got a bit busy... with exams and then... I came to the hospital... And for the rest... you already know."
Angelica lightly hits Jeena on her head and goes like, "You should have told me before. I am your sister, stupid. If I don't understand you, who else will? (After a pause, Angelica further says, more like asks,) So, how about now? Are you sure about Kcris?"
"Yes, sis. I am. I love Kcris and Kcris also loves me the same."
After talking for a few more minutes, the Fabre sisters (Angelica and Jeena) mutually decide that they won't tell their mom and brother about this mishappening as it will needlessly make them worry. But, at the same time, Angelica makes Jeena promise her that from now on Jeena will not hide anything from her. Furthermore, Angelica while teasing Jeena, playfully asks her, "Do you want some fruits, or do you want your beloved Kcris to feed you?"
Jeena starts to blush and requests Angelica to stop. Sometime later, Angelica opens her laptop and gets busy with her office work. Whereas Jeena who is tightly holding onto her phone, starts to hopelessly stare at the ceiling and the walls of the hospital room. Amidst all this constant staring between the ceiling and the side walls, Jeena, from time to time does check her phone for any calls or messages from Kcris. Also, while waiting, Jeena often unlocks her phone and opens Kcris' contact to call her. But in the end, with a huge sigh, Jeena drops the idea. Despite Jeena's better decision to let Kcris take some rest, it's a bit difficult for Jeena to control the urge to listen to Kcris' voice.
Luckily, Kcris does turn up to the hospital in the next 20 minutes, or else Jeena would have sprained her neck while hopelessly gawking at the ceiling and the walls of her hospital room. The moment Kcris sees Jeena awake, the first thing she does is hug Jeena.
"Ouch." Kcris immediately lets go of Jeena and in panic asks her, "Are you okay, Jeena? Did I hold you way too tightly? Are you hurting anywhere? Should I get the doctor? Wait, I'll get the doctor."
Jeena holds Kcris' hand and tells her, "Kcris, I am okay, and I don't feel pain anywhere in my body. We don't need the doctor."
"But, you screamed 'ouch'."
"Because I was surprised. I didn't expect you to hug me right away."
"Is it not okay to right away hug your girlfriend who woke up after two days? Jeena, you don't know how difficult these two days were for me. I literally became a couch potato... going through files, and doing meetings, all day long from this sofa. Now, this sofa almost gives me the same feeling as my own bed."
Both the Fabre sisters burst into laughter hearing this. Apparently, Kcris is clueless as she has no idea why they are laughing or what's so funny.
"Why are you both laughing?"
Somehow Jeena controls her laugh and tells Kcris, "Actually, the way you described your situation... Couch-potato... sofa same as bed. It's hilarious...So,"
Kcris still doesn't understand anything. Jeena seeing Angelica who is still laughing, starts to laugh again.
Once Jeena and Angelica stop laughing, all three of them keep looking at each other's faces for some time not knowing what to say. This quiet and silence ends when Angelica says, "You two lovebirds, carry on and I'll take your leave."
This makes Jeena ask Angelica, "Sis, you are leaving. Aren't you even a little bothered about what exactly happened? And, what if something like this happens again? What if someone is out there to hurt me?"
Angelica hits Jeena on her arm and says, "Stop talking nonsense. Besides, I trust Kcris. I know she will get to the bottom of this. Needless to say, as long as Kcris is with you, you'll be safe."
Angelica then turns to Kcris and goes like, "Kcris, I am sorry to burden you with my sister. She only ate two slices of apple. Can you please make her eat some more?"
Kcris has a muffled laugh before she says, "Angelica, given Jeena's propensity of squeamishness on seeing apples, even two slices is a great improvement."
Once Angelica leaves, Kcris asks Jeena for the second time, if she is really okay. To which Jeena smiles and answers, "Yes, I am fine. I am totally okay. Don't you worry, Kcris?"
Kcris goes close to Jeena and kisses Jeena's forehead, going like, "The doctor has asked you to rest. Jeena, I hate seeing you in the hospital. Can you please not exert yourself too much?... So that, we can be home as soon as possible."
"Okay, okay. I'll rest now."
Jeena then lies down and Kcris helps Jeena cover herself with the blanket.
"Jeena."
"Huh?"
"I'll be here working on some files, so if you need anything you just tell me."
"Okay, Kcris. I will. Don't worry about me and get back to your work."
As Kcris gets busy with her work, Jeena thinks to herself, "Why didn't Kcris say anything about the incident? I am sure there was something wrong with the cake. But, why didn't Kcris talk about it?"
While Jeena is contemplating whether or not to ask Kcris about it, Kcris goes like, "Jeena, whatever is running through your mind right now, put it to a halt and give your body and mind some rest."
Jeena is completely surprised to hear this and before Jeena can express it, Kcris tells her, "Don't be so surprised, Jeena. Just because I am working doesn't mean, I am not paying you any attention."
Jeena's heart is elated to see how much Kcris cares about her. Jeena with a smile on her face, snuggles into the blanket. And, as usual, Jeena's smile means an automatic smile on Kcris' face. Kcris continues with her work and Jeena falls asleep.
After finishing her work, Kcris comes near Jeena's bed and sits on the chair next to the bed. Kcris fixes Jeena's loose hair strands and tucks them behind Jeena's ear. Kcris continues to watch Jeena sleep. The carefree and defenseless expressions on Jeena's face exude a child-like innocence. No doubt, Kcris can't keep her eyes off Jeena.
After some time, Jeena is finally up and the first thing Jeena sees when she opens her eyes is Kcris sitting in front of her and watching her sleep.
"How long have you been watching me sleep, Kcris?"
Kcris places her palm on Jeena's face and caresses Jeena's cheek, saying, "I love watching you sleep, so who cares for how long."
Jeena is feeling a bit shy now, so she covers her face with the blanket. Furthermore, Kcris to prevent Jeena from feeling embarrassed out of her shyness, does nothing but smile, going like, "Now that you're up, I'll go back to my work."
When Kcris is about to leave, Jeena holds Kcris' arm and in a slightly embarrassed tone, asks, "Can you please help me to the washroom? I need to pee."
"Of course, Jeena."
When Jeena is back in bed Kcris asks Jeena if she wants to eat something. To which Jeena politely refuses. Jeena hasn't said anything else, but Kcris somehow knows that Jeena wants to ask something and is hesitant.
"Jeena, is there something that's bothering you?"
Though, Jeena still isn't sure whether to ask or not, but Jeena goes with the flow and asks Kcris, "What happened? I mean... what happened that night?"
Hearing this, Kcris' composure is replaced with seriousness. Kcris takes Jeena's hand in hers and goes like, "Jeena, if I ask you not to ask any questions and let go of this matter, can you do that for me?"
Jeena is now in a state of dilemma, as no matter what choice she makes, it will lead to a conflict in her own mind. If Jeena lets go of the matter, Jeena will remain unsure of why Kcris doesn't let her find out about the incident that night. At the very same time, if Jeena asks Kcris to tell her, Jeena will feel like she is questioning Kcris' intent. Either way, Jeena has to say bye-bye to her mental peace. After a few seconds of deliberation, Jeena decides to take a leap of faith and says, "Okay, Kcris. I won't ask. But, promise me that if the situation escalates and is difficult to handle, you will tell me."
"Okay, my love." And, Kcris kisses Jeena's hand while telling her that she can trust Kcris and everything is copacetic.
As Jeena has almost recuperated, Jeena is allowed to have home-cooked meals. So, later in the evening, when Maria visits the hospital to check on Jeena, she brings with her, food for both Kcris and Jeena. After having her food and medicine, Jeena feels drowsiness and falls asleep. Sometime later, Kcris also goes to sleep.
It's around 3:00 a.m. Kcris, who is fast asleep on the sofa is wide awake due to some weird sound. It seems as if someone is crying. Kcris comes near Jeena to check up on her and is horrified to see Jeena cry in her sleep like that. Jeena's pillow is completely wet. Kcris right away tries to wake Jeena up but fails. As a last resort, Kcris makes Jeena scoot over a bit and lies next to Jeena in bed. Kcris throws the wet pillow on the floor and pulls Jeena into a cuddle. Kcris carefully places Jeena's head on her arm and with her other hand, Kcris keeps on caressing Jeena's head and back. Kcris stops only when Jeena starts to feel a bit better and stops crying.
The hospital beds are meant only for patients and so, they can accommodate only one person. The next morning, when Jeena gets up, Jeena stretches her arms and legs. And, this makes Kcris fall off the bed.
"Sorry, sorry. Kcris... I didn't know you were sleeping next to me."
Luckily, Kcris isn't hurt much. Kcris gets up from the floor and dusts off her clothes, going like, "Being used by your girlfriend as a bolster pillow throughout the night is okay. But being thrown out of bed the very next morning like this is a bit disconcerting, Jeena. Don't you feel that?"
"Sorry, Kcris I didn't mean to push you off the bed. (Something clicks in Jeena's mind and she further says,) Wait... What do you mean by 'use you as a bolster pillow'?"
Kcris chuckles. And, before Kcris can say anything, Kcris' phone starts to ring. Without even checking the name of the person who is calling, Kcris silents her phone and asks Jeena, "Is there anything troubling you?"
"No, Kcris. But, why do you ask?"
"Well, last night you were crying in your sleep."
"Maybe, I was having a nightmare, Kcris."
"Jeena, I don't think it was just a nightmare. I couldn't wake you up, and also, it took me quite a while to calm you down."
"Kcris, you are overthinking."
"Ahh! You say... Jeena, the mere thought of seeing you like that ever again makes me shudder and you say I am over-thinking. By the way, what were you dreaming about?"
While both Kcris and Jeena are talking, there is a knock on the door and Neil comes in.
Kcris' anger hasn't subsided yet so she right away asks Neil, "What are you doing here?"
"Sis, I want to talk to... I mean to apologize to Jeena."
"No. Jeena doesn't want to see you. Go back the way you came from."
Neil doesn't want to fight with Kcris anymore as he is well aware of his mistake. So, without saying anything, Neil turns to walk out of the room. But, Neil stops when Jeena goes like, "Neil, please don't go."
Jeena then looks at Kcris and tells her, "It's okay, Kcris. I can talk to Neil."
Kcris reluctantly agrees to this. But, before going out of the room to give Jeena and Neil some space, Kcris gives Neil a deadly stare as if Kcris is telling Neil that he better behave himself.
Once Kcris is out, Jeena goes like, "I guess your sister is still pissed at you, Neil."
"Yes. But, isn't it better this way? Otherwise, she'll solely blame herself for this. At least, now she can vent some of her anger on me."
"Well... you both siblings... Can you please, stop living your life as if all the world is on your shoulders to carry."
Neil smiles and tells Jeena, "You can say that for my sister. But, as far as I am concerned, it's not like that. Jeena, it's only you who thinks so highly of me."