Na Bi likes Kcris since her college days.

"Kcris, I am so done with this. All the fancy dinners... expensive gifts... this has to stop. If not, (Jeena in a faint voice, after a pause says,) we should break up."
Kcris is indignant listening to this and her face is all red in anger. Kcris holds Jeena by her arm so tightly that Jeena's facial expressions can tell that she is in pain.
"What did you say, Jeena? Huh?... WHAT DID YOU SAY? A BREAK-UP? Seriously?"
Jeena immediately goes like, "I didn't mean it, Kcris. I am sorry. I shouldn't have said something like this."
Kcris lets go of Jeena's arm as no matter how furious Kcris is, she can't stand Jeena getting hurt.
"Yeah!... Didn't mean it. But still, Jeena, you said it. If you didn't have any thoughts like this in your mind, you wouldn't have said it. (Kcris’ tone is now changed from angry to hurt) I never thought break-up was such an easy option for you, Jeena."
Before Jeena can say anything, Kcris gets a call from her office. Kcris takes the call, and while going out of the house, she asks Jeena not to wait for her as she'll be busy in the office throughout the night.
Jeena feels bad about how their conversation has ended. Jeena wants to clear out things with Kcris as quickly as possible, but at the same time, she thinks that maybe they should cool off a bit first. Jeena decides to sleep on the matter and think about what to do the next morning.
The next day, Jeena reaches Kcris' office to apologize for her mistake of carelessly saying and hurting Kcris with those words. Jeena, on her way, has picked up some beautiful yellow daisies for Kcris in the hope that these beautiful flowers will help them reconcile faster.
Jeena at the reception, goes like, "Hi, Tessa. Is Kcris busy right now?"
"Yes, ma'am is a bit busy. But, Miss Jeena can see her in the office."
"Thank you, Tessa."
Jeena is all excited as she is going to see Kcris. Jeena walks up to Kcris' cabin and opens the door, but sees something disturbing. Jeena right away closes the door.
Seeing Na Bi hugging Kcris from behind in Kcris’ cabin is not something Jeena can wrap her head around that easily. Jeena can no longer move; her legs are frozen, she can't breathe and so, she stands like a statue outside the door. Once Jeena gets a hold of herself, she comes back to Tessa and places the flower on her desk, telling her, "I completely forgot that I have something important to do. So Tessa, can you please bring these flowers to Kcris later, once you are done with whatever you are doing?"
"Of course, Ms. Jeena. Anything else?"
"No, thank you, Tessa. Have a good day."
"You too, Ms. Jeena." And Jeena leaves.
On the other side, in Kcris' cabin, Kcris tries to make Na Bi let go of her, but Na Bi ends up holding Kcris even tighter.
"What are you doing, Na Bi? Please let go of me."
Na Bi in a low and saddened tone says, "Unni na idaelo issge haejwo.”
[언니 나 이대로 있게 해줘. (As in the original language i.e. Korean)
In English, it means, ‘Unni, let me stay like this.’ Unni or eonni is how a girl addresses another elder girl in Korean culture.]
Kcris after hearing this, gets the cue that Na Bi has something to say to her that she can’t say while facing Kcris. So, Kcris goes like, “Dangsin-i malhaeya hal geos-eul malhae.”
[당신이 말해야 할 것을 말해. (As in the original language i.e. Korean)
In English, it means, ‘Tell me what you have to say.’]
Na Bi doesn’t speak for a few seconds and then with all her courage, goes like, “Unni joh-ahaeyo. I have liked you since college. I had a huge crush on you since our first interaction during our college orientation event.”
[언니 좋아해요. (As in the original language i.e. Korean)
In English, it means, ‘Unni, I like you.’]
Kcris slowly unlocks Na Bi’s hands that have been wrapped around Kcris’ waist and separates herself from Na Bi. Kcris takes Na Bi to sit on the sofa and sits next to her. Kcris then says to Na Bi, “Nabiya eonni mianhae. Nae ma-eumsog-e nugungaga iss-eo.”
[나비야 언니 미안해. 내 마음속에 누군가가 있어.(As in the original language i.e. Korean)
In English, it means, ‘Unnie (Kcris) is sorry. There is someone in my heart already.’]
Na Bi, right away refutes believing Kcris and goes like, “Geojismalhagoiss-eo.”
[거짓말하고있어.(As in the original language i.e. Korean)
In English, it means, ‘You are lying.’]
To which Kcris says, “Aniyo. Jinsim-eulo.”
[아니요 진심으로. (As in the original language i.e. Korean)
In English, it means, ‘No. Seriously.’]
Kcris further adds, “I am not lying. And, I am sorry as I won't be able to accept your feelings. But at the very same time, I am thankful to you that you deemed me worth your feelings.”
Na Bi is heartbroken to hear this and is trying her best to hide her tears from Kcris. Kcris tries to be considerate here and asks Na Bi if she wants to be alone. Na Bi says ‘yes’ and so, Kcris first gets Na Bi a glass of water and some tissues and then she leaves.
After coming out of her cabin, Kcris goes to Tessa and tells her not to let anyone in her cabin. Kcris wants Na Bi to take her time as Kcris knows, it's not easy to handle rejection, especially from the one whom you have liked for years. Plus, Kcris doesn't want anyone to see Na Bi like that. The yellow daisies at Tessa's desk catch Kcris' eyes and she goes like, "Nice flowers, Tessa. Who got you these?"
"Oh! Sorry, ma'am. Actually, these are for you from Miss Jeena."
"Did Jeena send me flowers?"
"No ma'am, she didn't send. In fact, she came here to see you. Miss Jeena even went towards your cabin, when she remembered that she had something important to attend to. So, she left asking me to bring these flowers to you."
Kcris right away knows that it isn't some important work that has made Jeena leave rather she must have seen Na Bi hugging her in the cabin. Kcris immediately calls Jeena. Jeena picks up the call and before Kcris can say anything, she asks Kcris to meet in a nearby coffee shop. Kcris takes the flowers and goes toward the elevator. Kcris doesn’t take her car and thinks of walking up there as the coffee shop isn’t too far from her office building.
"Hi, Jeena. Thanks for the flowers and I am sorry."
Before Jeena can say anything, their order is served.
"Kcris, I ordered you an iced Americano with blueberry cheesecake. I hope that's okay."
Kcris is surprised by this and so, asks Jeena, "How do you know that I love blueberry cheesecake? I never told you and also I haven't eaten it quite in a while. So, how come?"
"I heard it from Maria when she was scolding you to start having your favorite blueberry cheesecake instead of red velvet cake."
"Was it the day after Sky's birthday?"
"Yes, Kcris."
"How good is your memory, Jeena? It's more than two or maybe two and a half years since then."
"Well, you also remember it. So, we can say, we both have a good habit of remembering almost everything."
"Jeena, I am sorry. For yesterday and also for today."
"Kcris, let's talk about today first."
Before Jeena can finish, Kcris tells Jeena, "You shouldn't have seen me like that... some other girl hugging me. This shouldn't have happened before you."
"What?... So, you want to go behind my back and hug other girls."
"No, no, no, Jeena. Not at all. What I mean is..."
Jeena is totally enjoying, seeing Kcris panic like this and struggling to explain the situation.
Kcris literally holds her head between her hands. Seeing Kcris flustered like this, Jeena takes Kcris' hand while sitting across the table and goes like, "Kcris, I am not doubting you at all. Because, I know you're not a person who goes behind someone's back. I am sure, Na Bi must have had feelings for you. She confessed her feelings for you and you didn't want to break her heart. So, you gave her time to understand why you couldn't reciprocate her feelings. You must be trying to be as considerate as possible."
"If you knew all this, Jeena. Why did you scare me?"
"When did I scare you, Kcris? And with what?"
"Didn't you say, let's talk about today first?"
"Yeah, Kcris. I said it because I wanted to ask why you didn't pick up the items from the shop this morning. The shopkeeper told us two days ago that we can collect it today in the morning."
"Oh-that!... Sorry, I forgot. In the evening, after work, I will go pick them up."
"No need for it, Kcris. I got them on my way coming here. Actually, the shopkeeper called to tell me that the products had arrived so, I thought of collecting them myself... Now can we talk about yesterday's conversation?"
"About that, Jeena. I already told you, that if you have me, you'll have my money too. (Jeena tries to intervene but Kcris continues) But, from next time on, I promise, I'll ask you first and you also promise me that you won't misuse this condition by denying all my gifts. You will let me give you presents every now and then."
"Okay, I promise. But, no more recklessly buying stuff."
"Okay."
"Kcris, do you need to go back right now or can we stay for some more time?"
"There is no rush, Jeena. We can stay... Want to talk about something?"
"Yes."
"Then, tell me."
"Kcris, there are only a few days left for my exam, so like last time, I would like to stay at Ayesha's for the time being."
"No, you can't."
Jeena is shocked to see Kcris deny it right away as she never says no to Jeena. Accordingly, Jeena instead of fussing about it, politely asks Kcris the reason behind it. "But, why Kcris? Last time it was okay with you."
"Yeah... well, last time you weren't my girlfriend."
Jeena with a surprised look on her face, goes like, "So?... how are these two things related? Kcris, you are not making any sense."
"So, what you are trying to say Jeena is that my love for you is senseless... it doesn't make any sense. Huh?"
Hearing Kcris say this, Jeena is speechless thinking to herself, "What's wrong with Kcris?" Why is she taking the conversation in another direction?"
Before Jeena can say anything, Kcris goes like, "What I want to propose is that why don't you and your friend stay at our place?"
"Wouldn't it disturb you, Kcris? You don't need to adjust for me?"
"Jeena, I have a big project collaboration coming up. A lot is at stake as multiple parties are involved. It wouldn't give me much time. I might have to stay back in the office for days. So, you both can have the house to yourself."
"Oh-okay. (After a pause, Jeena further asks Kcris,) Is it why Na Bi is working in your office... for this project?"
"Yes. Her company is also a partner and she is here on their behalf."
"Okay, Kcris. I'll tell Ayesha about the change in plans and you go back to your office."
"Do you want me to send you home? Paraam (Kcris' driver) can send you."
"No need for that, Kcris. I drove here."
"Fine. I'll walk you up to your car."
As time passes, Kcris gets busier with her work and Jeena with her exam preparations. Ayesha and Jeena have been staying together in Kcris' house. More than a week has passed and Kcris hasn't been home. As the project is close to finalization, Kcris has got a couple of free hours at hand. So, she decides to drop by her house. Around 3 a.m., Kcris gets home. Kcris uses her keys and gets inside the house only to see both, Ayesha and Jeena sleeping in the living room. It seems both have slept while studying. Ayesha is lying on the couch whereas Jeena is sitting on the floor with her head down, resting on the center table. Kcris goes to her room to get a blanket for Ayesha and covers her. Kcris then goes to Jeena and sits on the floor to have a better look at Jeena's face. It's been so long since Kcris has last seen Jeena. So, Kcris takes a few moments to look at Jeena's innocent child-like face before waking her up.
"Kcris, how come you..."
Kcris immediately covers Jeena's mouth with her hand and in a low volume goes like, "Shh... Ayesha is sleeping."
Jeena looks at the couch to check and whispers, "Sorry. I didn't see that."
Kcris helps Jeena stand up and gives her a hand in arranging the books and notes which are scattered pretty much everywhere in the living room. Once Jeena is done, Kcris tells her, "Come on, let's get you to bed."
Jeena lays down. Kcris covers Jeena with the blanket and kisses her good night before leaving Jeena's room.