Kcris goes missing.

"I am so happy Jeena that you decided to tag along Kcris."
"Why?"
"Oh my gosh! You really don't have any idea how much I hate being at parties like this. It's so boring and my mom always makes sure that I come along with her. I so hate it."
"Well...Amy, you can ask your brother to come instead of you sometimes."
"Ha." and it is a big and not-so-happy kinda laugh.
"Why would you do that, Amy? What's so funny and not so funny at the same time?"
"Obviously you, Jeena. Don't you know?"
"Know what, Amy?"
"My brother Peter and Kcris are the two sides of the same coin. Both hate coming to parties like this. You can't really imagine what kind of lame excuses they come up with to avoid having to go."
"Really, Amy? I thought both were like a no-nonsense type of person."
"You bet... Jeena you know what, once my brother and Kcris said that they can't go out because they have lots of food left from last night which would go to spoil if not finished today."
"Who gives excuses like these, Amy?"
"Well clearly, Peter and Kcris. And, you know, what's the worst of it... that the food they were talking about was all packaged snacks and fruit juices."
Now, Amy and Jeena are laughing, holding their stomachs while savoring delicious snacks and drinks. After meeting a few guests at the event, Kcris tells herself that it's enough and she can't take it anymore. So, Kcris decides to leave and to do that she needs to find Jeena first and so she calls Jeena, only to know that Jeena's phone is switched off. This makes Kcris move to option number two which clearly is to ask Amy. And asking Amy also turns vain when she tells, "Kcris, Jeena went to find you 10 minutes back."
"Well, clearly she didn't come to me, Amy. So, please, now help me find her."
"Why don't you call her, Kcris?"
"I already did, Amy. Her phone is switched off."
"Okay. Okay. I'll help you look for Jeena."
Kcris and Amy have scrupulously searched the entire party area from the food section to the ballroom to the restrooms, but Jeena is nowhere to be found. Ultimately, they decide to look in the garden. The garden is huge with many trees and no lights after a certain distance from the main house, which makes it more difficult to find Jeena. Kcris and Amy decide to go in different directions so that they can cover more ground. While looking for Jeena, Amy hears two people talking at some distance, but as the voices are quite faint, Amy doesn't understand anything. Amy starts to walk in that direction calling out Jeena's name loudly.
All of a sudden, someone bumps into Amy. As it is all dark, before Amy could understand anything, this person just runs off. Amy wants to go behind this person, but at the same moment, she hears Jeena calling for help which makes Amy let go of this person and focus on finding Jeena. Amy finds Jeena lying on the ground and so, she immediately helps Jeena get up and makes a call to Kcris, telling her, "I have found Jeena and we are coming to the party area."
The moment Kcris sees Jeena with a bruised and bleeding elbow, she freaks out and immediately goes like, "What happened to you? Can't you be careful, Jeena?"
Jeena is in a lot of pain but seeing Kcris worried like that, she tries her best to not let Kcris sense that. Kcris calls her driver, Paraam, and tells him to bring the car to the main gate as they need to go to the hospital. Amy's phone beeps and after having a look at it, she right away asks, "Kcris, I have to give mom her medicines. So, can you please take care of Jeena by yourself?"
"Don't worry, Amy. I can take it from here. You go to aunt Jennifer."
And Amy leaves. Before Kcris can take Jeena to the hospital, Alaric appears from somewhere and stops Kcris by asking her, "Where are you going, Kcris? The party isn't over yet?"
"Stay out of it, Alaric. Can't you see, I need to take Jeena to the hospital?"
After seeing Jeena's injured arm, Alaric still doesn't let Kcris and Jeena leave and this infuriates Kcris even more.
"Are you out of your mind, Alaric?"
Alaric puts his finger on Kcris's lips and goes like, "Shhh... Calm down, Kcris. Trust me. She needs just a few stitches and she'll be fine. (And before Kcris can say anything, Alaric turns to Jeena, saying) Miss Jeena, please follow me. My uncle is an army doctor. He can surely help you with your injury."
Though hesitant, Jeena agrees. When Alaric's uncle is treating Jeena's wound, Kcris asks her, "How come you got so badly hurt, Jeena? And first of all, what the hell were you doing out there?"
Before Kcris can say anything else, Alaric holds Kcris' arm tightly as a gesture for her to stop questioning Jeena any further. Alaric then slowly moves closer to Kcris, placing himself just behind her. Alaric stands so close to Kcris that if he says something, he is literally speaking into Kcris' ear. Alaric leaves after whispering something into Kcris' ear. Though Jeena doesn't like Kcris and Alaric's interaction, she calmly asks Kcris, "What did he say to you, Kcris?"
Kcris blatantly tells Jeena that it is nothing as she is still very angry because of Jeena's carelessness and goes like, "Instead of asking me what he said, how about you tell me how did all that happen? Why were you even there?"
Jeena doesn't realize that her tone is quite high when she answers Kcris, "I was having a bad headache, so l went looking for you. As you were busy with your friends, I decided to take a stroll outside. (Before saying anything further, Jeena twitches her lips.) I needed some fresh air, that's all. I hope you don't have a problem with that."
Kcris in a low tone tells Jeena, "No Jeena, I don't have a problem with that. But, can you please tell me how you got hurt?"
"I don't know. One moment, I am standing there, staring at nothing but darkness, and the other moment, I am on the ground."
"Huh? How come, Jeena?"
After giving medicines to Mrs. Fabiola, Amy comes to check on Jeena. While listening to Kcris and Jeena talk, Amy goes like, "Did you also get hit by the same person, Jeena?"
Kcris in confusion asks, "What person are you two talking about?"
To this Amy answers, "Actually Kcris, what happened is that when I was looking for Jeena, I heard two people talk at some distance. So, I went in that direction and all of a sudden somebody bumped into me and before I could understand anything, I heard Jeena calling for help. I guess it's the same person who pushed Jeena."
Alaric's uncle, after treating Jeena's wound tells Jeena, "Don't let your wound get wet. I'll give you some painkillers for this. And, you should see a doctor tomorrow to get your dressing changed." And then, he turns to Kcris and goes like, "Don't worry, Kcristina. She is all right."
"Yes, uncle. And thank you for treating Jeena."
Alaric's uncle places his hand on Kcris' head in a gesture of blessing her before going. Seeing this, Jeena taunts Kcris, saying, "This family is all ready and excited to have you as their daughter-in-law... As if you and Alaric are a perfect match... made-in-heaven types."
This statement makes Kcris frown and looks at Jeena's face with a blank expression as if she is asking Jeena what her statement is supposed to mean. And to top it all up, Amy's fantastic thought of 'why should she stay behind' makes Amy also give her expert opinion on the matter and hence she goes like, "Wow, me too. Same thoughts. And even my mom also thinks so, Jeena. Either way, both Alaric and Kcris do look good together."
These are only mere words of compliment for Amy, but for Jeena, they are a dagger piercing through her heart. Whereas, Kcris needs to go home as she has had enough for the night. This makes Kcris ask these two ladies to shut up with the nonsensical crap and get going.
Kcris and Jeena are halfway home, but Kcris hasn't spoken a single word, which makes Jeena ask her, "Are you angry with me, Kcris?"
"No, Jeena. I am not."
"Then why aren't you talking to me?"
"Because I am thinking about somebody."
And there is a huge sigh as if Kcris' answer has put Jeena off.
"What's wrong, Jeena?"
"No. Nothing."
"Come on, Jeena. I know you pretty well. Tell me, what did I do to upset you."
With slight hesitation, Jeena goes like, "Do you like Alaric so much that you are still thinking about him?"
"Huh?... What Jeena?... No. Why would I think about him... that too after so many years."
"You said you're thinking about somebody, right?"
"Yes, Jeena, but that somebody is the person who bumped into you guys. (after a pause Kcris further asks Jeena) By the way, do you have even the slightest idea who could be that person?"
"No, I know nothing, Kcris?"
Jeena is feeling a bit uncomfortable talking about this person and this uneasiness can easily be sensed by Kcris and so Kcris thinks to herself that maybe Jeena is scared because of what happened. This makes Kcris take Jeena's hand into hers and promise her, "Jeena you're safe. No one can hurt you. I am here for you. Do not worry at all. Okay?"
"Hmm... I am not worried, Kcris. I am fine."
After some time, Jeena goes like, "Kcris."
"Yes, Jeena?"
"I think maybe we are overthinking. Maybe that person was in a hurry and by mistake, he pushed me without realizing it."
"Yeah. You could be right, Jeena. Anyway, let's just forget about it."
"Yup."
After reaching home, the moment both enter the house, Kcris gets a call. She picks up the call and goes like, "Hello."
The call isn't disconnected for about a minute. Kcris is just listening to the other side without saying anything whereas Jeena just stands there. All this time, during the entire call duration, Kcris has been staring at Jeena without blinking even once. When Kcris is done with the call, she goes near Jeena and looks straight into Jeena's eyes, before asking, "Jeena, do you have anything that you would like to tell me?"
In a slightly perplexed state, Jeena tells Kcris that there is nothing to tell. Despite the raging anger, Kcris gives Jeena another chance to answer Kcris' question. But, Jeena doesn't change her answer and goes like, "No, Kcris. There's nothing to tell you."
Out of spite and anger, Kcris throws her blazer onto the ground and then goes like, "Jeena, I wish you were as half truthful to me as you expect me to be for you."
Kcris then grabs her car keys and walks out, slamming the door behind her. Jeena doesn't understand at all, what she has done to anger Kcris so much. Jeena tries to go behind Kcris, but she feels a bit dizzy and almost falls to the ground. By the time Jeena manages herself and goes out, Kcris has already left. Jeena tries calling Kcris, but her call is declined by Kcris. So, she calls Kcris again, but this time, Kcris' phone is switched off. Jeena finally gives up and goes to bed after taking a shower.
The next morning, the doorbell rings which makes Jeena rush to get the door as she thinks that it is Kcris. Jeena is still sleepy because of last night and that's why, when she opens the door, she is rubbing her eyes so that her eyes are wide open. Rubbing her eyes may not have helped Jeena, but seeing Anna at the door does the trick. (Anna is a nurse from Mary's care hospital who also happens to be Kcris' good friend.)
"Hi, Jeena. I am here to change your dressing."
"Oh... Okay. Please come in."
"Thank you, Jeena. And I am so sorry to disturb you so early in the morning. Actually, I have an early morning shift and I need to be on time. That's why I came so early."
"It's okay, Anna. You shouldn't apologize rather I should be thanking you for saving me a trip to the hospital."
Anna then sits at the dining table and goes like, "Come, sit here, Jeena. I'll change your dressing. It might sting a little."
While Anna is cleaning the wound, Jeena asks her if Kcris has asked her to come. In answer, Anna tells Jeena that it isn't Kcris rather, it is Tessa who called her and asked to come. Anna leaves after she is done. Before Anna leaves, Jeena asks her not to come anymore as she can get her bandage changed in the college infirmary without any trouble.
For two days Kcris is a no-show. Though Jeena is worried about Kcris' disappearance, she is more worried about the way she has felt when Alaric has been near Kcris or when people have been talking about both looking nice together. Jeena is still not able to understand why Kcris is affecting her so much, after all, Kcris is just a friend. After so much deliberation and not having a clear answer, Jeena decides to stop thinking about this anymore.
As it is the weekend and also the third day since the night Kcris walked out of the house, Jeena decides to call Tessa if Kcris is not home by the evening. Before this can happen, Neil and Amy show up at the doorstep. Jeena gets the door and is shocked to see them. Jeena right away asks, "Hey. How come you guys are here?"
However, Neil doesn't like the way Jeena has asked them.