Jeena and Alex end up fighting.

Now, Jeena is left alone in the office. Jeena stays there collecting her thoughts about why Kcris is so much affected by this girl Casey and the fact that she lost a nice opportunity to know more about her. Jeena hasn’t heard the name Casey since that day in the restaurant. This fact alone is sufficient enough to make Jeena so inquisitive. While Jeena is still in her thoughts, Kcris comes into the office.
“Let’s go. I’ll drive you home.”
Listening to Kcris’ voice Jeena instantly snaps out of her thoughts and quietly follows her. Upon reaching the parking lot, Kcris asks, “Which one is yours?”
“That blue one.”
Kcris takes her hand out to ask for the keys.
“I can go home by myself. You would have trouble coming back here.”
Kcris turns towards Jenna and tells her, “I’ll get a cab. And I am not coming back to the office as I’ll go home after dropping you.”
“Okay. Whatever suits you, Kcris.”
Both get into the car. After a few minutes of silence, Jenna asks, “Who is this girl Casey and why do you behave like this, every time someone mentions her?”
“I don’t want to talk about her, Jeena. Can we talk about something else?”
Jeena agrees to Kcris’ request and both talk about other things. In the middle of the conversation, Kcris’ phone starts to ring. Kcris is about to decline the call but Jeena insists that she takes the call. Kcris takes the call and from the other side, her secretary in panic, tells her, “Ma’am, the model we worked with has been arrested in a drug case. The company has advanced the date of magazine release by a week saying it was us, who chose a scandalous model for their magazine. And we should rectify our mistake or else they will sue us. We need a new model by tomorrow and I don’t know what to do?”
Kcris tells her secretary, “Tessa, first calm down. Your panic is only going to worsen the situation. Let me think of something. Wait a minute. (after thinking for a few seconds) You told me this model wasn’t our first choice. We chose her because the selected one denied working. Can’t we have her?”
“Kcris, Raj deals with models on the individual level and he is on leave because of his mother’s demise. It would be inappropriate to call him for work-related things at a time like this.”
“Ok don’t worry. I’ll think of something.” And Kcris disconnects the call.
“Kcris, can you pull over there?”
“Where?”
“You see that house with the white picketed fence…there.”
Kcris parks the car and both come out of the car. Kcris gives the keys to Jeena saying, “Your neighborhood is quite nice. Is this your house or you have rented it?”
“Actually, Kcris, this house belongs to my aunt. She lives in Hawaii now so, she let me live here.”
“Oh! That is nice.”
“Kcris, would you like to come in?”
“No…No, it’s already getting late. I’ll call a cab now.”
“Kcris, why don’t you wait inside till the cab arrives?”
“I am fine, Jeena. Please, don’t bother. You go inside the house. Alex must be waiting for you.”
“Kcris, can’t you see all the lights are off? This means she isn’t home yet. I’ll wait here with you. And don’t you dare to argue with me in this.”
Kcris nods her head in approval. After a minute or two Kcris asks Jeena, “Hey, why don’t you be our model? Sky told me you have worked as a model before. It would just take 8-9 hours of your time. Can you please work for me? You can charge us whatever you like.”
“Stop, stop, stop…Kcris, I have only worked small gigs. I am not sure if I could be of any help to you. Your company has quite a reputation.”
Kcris feels a bit annoyed and goes like, “You just agree to it. Let my team handle the rest. They are more than efficient to get the work done.”
“But, Kcris, what I have done is mostly commercials. I have never shot for a magazine. Although, I got a chance once but, Alex was hospitalized back then so I had to refuse.”
Something clicks in Kcris’ mind and then she right away asks Jeena, “Was it for the Nimbus?”
Surprised by Kcris’ question, Jeena asks her, “How come you know?”
“It’s not rocket science, honey. The time when Alex was hospitalized and the time when auditioning for the models for Nimbus magazine was taking place coincides. So, that’s how I know.”
“Oh! Okay.”
“What okay, Jeena? Will you help us out or not? Now, even your problem that you have never worked for a magazine photoshoot is also resolved.?”
“Huh… How is it any changed?”
“My team already finalized you once, meaning that they were sure about you. So now, the only problem that remains is your ‘Yes’. So please, agree.”
Though reluctant, Jeena still agrees to Kcris’ request. At the same time cab arrives. Listening to this Kcris is happy and so without even realizing she kisses Jeena on her cheek and runs off to the cab across the street. Jeena stands there stunned for some time and by the time she realizes what all happened, Kcris is already gone. Jeena then takes out the house keys from her bag and gets inside the house. The moment Jeena turns on the lights, she is shocked as she sees Alex standing near the window.
“What the heck, Alex? You scared the shit out of me. What were you doing, standing there, near the window with lights turned off?”
In an annoying tone, Alex answers, “Well…watching your FRIEND, Kcris flirt with you.”
This angers Jeena very much. Still, she tries to keep her cool but ends up lashing out at Alex, saying, “Excuse me…Do you even know what you are saying?”
Alex retaliates by saying, “Do not raise your voice, Jeena. I just found out that my girlfriend lied to me. And do you know what really shocked me is the question, ‘what was the need to lie?’ I have never stopped you from meeting and hanging out with your friends. So why? Why did you lie to me? There was no need unless, (in a sarcastic tone, Alex further says) she is not just any friend and maybe she is already much more than a friend.”
Despite the rage that Jeena felt inside, she tries to pacify Alex by telling her the truth.
“I haven’t seen Kcris for almost more than two months. And today also, it was just a mere coincidence. If Sky didn’t ask me to give her a ride, I wouldn’t have met her.”
“Oh! Please. Enough with your lies, Jeena. And why would she kiss you if there wasn’t anything going on between you two?”
Jeena stands there mum for some time as she herself doesn’t have the answer to this question. This makes Alex doubt Jeena even more so she ends up asking Jeena, “What now? Did I hit the nail on the head?”
“I think...maybe she was happy about me agreeing to help her with the magazine photoshoot.”
The tone in which Jeena said this, lacked confidence as she herself isn’t sure. This makes Alex more furious as her doubt deepens even more and this anger comes out as a question, “Can you even make sense of what all you just said? If what all you just said is true and you didn’t meet Kcris for a long time, then why did she offer you work just when you meet her?’’
After hearing all this Jeena can’t hold her tears anymore and they start to fall. Jeena throws her bag on the floor and yells, “Enough is enough. No matter what I say to you, you are not gonna trust me. And if our relationship is like this, why don’t we take a break?”
Alex laughs and taunts Jeena saying, “Congratulations you wish just got accepted. I have to go out of town, tomorrow morning for work.”
Hearing this Jeena instantly lets go of everything and asks Alex out of concern, “How long will it take for you to finish the work? Are you done with your packing?”
Alex thinks Jeena is faking it and so she again says something hurtful to Jeena, “Why don’t you pack for your new lover, Jeena?”
Now Jeena’s anger has reached its zenith. But before Jeena could say anything to Alex, Jeena’s phone started to ring. Jeena takes out her phone from the bag. Alex again taunts Jeena, saying, “Must be your lovely Kcris.”
Jeena turns her phone screen towards Alex shouting, “It’s an unknown number. Kindly restrict your imagination, Alex.”
Jeena takes the call and the person from the other side speaks up, “Hello, Miss Fabre. I am Tessa, Miss Pattinson’s secretary from her office. We met this afternoon.”
“Oh! Okay. I remember now. How can I help you? If this is about Kcris’ whereabouts, then… she has already left for her house.”
“No, Miss Fabre. It isn’t about that. I have called you to confirm about address and timing for your pick up tomorrow for the shoot.”
“Tessa… right?”
“Yes, Miss Fabre.”
“Tessa, you don’t have to worry about it. You tell me the destination and reaching time. I’ll be there on my own. Just because I know Kcris, it doesn’t mean you have to go extra lengths to make me comfortable,”
“Miss, you are taking it wrong. We are not doing anything different for you. We work like this only. So please ma’am, help me confirm the details.”
“I can text you the exact address on your number which Kcris texted me to coordinate with you. But, I don’t know what will be a suitable time. You suggest.”
“Ma’am 8 a.m. will be good. Only if you are okay. Because this way shoot will be done by 5 in the evening.”
“Okay, then 8 a.m. it is.”
“Thank you for your co-operation, Miss Fabre.”
By the time Jeena is done with the call, she notices Alex is nowhere to be seen in the living room. Jeena goes to the bedroom and slowly opens the door only to see Alex is already fast asleep. Jeena slowly closes the door and goes to take a shower. Today, Jenna has a late lunch so after taking a shower, she straight away goes to bed.
The next morning when the alarm rings at 6 a.m., Jeena gets up and sees that Alex’s side of the bed is empty. She comes out of the room and sees breakfast is already on the table. Freshly squeezed orange juice, omelette, and pancakes along with a note are on the table. Though the words in the note are simple, they are enough to make Jeena smile ear to ear. The note said,
“This breakfast is my repentance for making you cry. Sorry baby, for last night. I completely trust you. Good Luck with your work today. Love you, Jeena.”
Jeena finishes breakfast, gets ready, and leaves for the shooting location sharp at 8 a.m. While sitting in the car, Jeena thinks about how punctual and responsible Kcris and her team are, when it is about work. Jeena reaches the location in about one and a half hours. In somewhat two hours Jeena’s makeup and hair are done and they start to shoot. It is around 5:15 p.m. when the shoot is done.
Jeena has really enjoyed working with the crew as they all have been quite nice and supportive. Jeena can’t help but have a feeling of gratitude towards Kcris as Kcris is the one who let her have this opportunity. Once the shoot is done everybody praises Jeena and asks her to join the team for dinner but, she refuses it saying that she has to meet a friend. Jeena wants to thank Kcris so she decides to treat her to a meal. After the pack up, Jeena calls Sky asking her, “Hey Sky…I need a favor. By any chance do you know where can I find Kcris?”
Sky in answer goes like, “Usually nobody knows about her whereabouts. But I guess today is your lucky day. She was with us until a few minutes ago. She got a call and after that she left saying, she is going to the hotel. She will be there in max. half an hour.”
“Ok…Ok Sky, thanks a lot, friend. You are the best.”
The moment the call is disconnected, the cab is already here and Jeena gets in and heads to the hotel. Upon reaching the hotel instead of calling Kcris Jeena thinks of going straight to the hotel reception. Before Jeena could do so, she sees Kcris at the hotel entrance getting in. By the time Jeena is done paying the cab fare, Kcris is already inside the hotel. In the rush to catch Kcris, Jeena almost stumbles but somehow, she manages to balance herself. Jeena when getting inside the hotel, sees Kcris walking towards the hotel’s left-side corridor. Jeena runs in short steps and by the time she reaches the corridor, she sees Kcris get inside a room at the end of the corridor. Jeena catches her breath momentarily because now she knows where Kcris is. Jeena drinks water from her bottle and while putting the cap back on the bottle, she sighs, “Ah! Finally, I found you.”
Jeena walks to the room and stands there for a moment thinking about what she will say to Kcris. Once she is done figuring it out, she raises her hand to knock only to find that the door is already unlocked. So, she slowly pushes the door open. The room has dim lights so it takes a while for Jeena to spot Kcris and when Jeena sees Kcris and the situation in which she is, Jeena is in utter shock with her eyes left wide open. The scene between Kcris and that lady that Jeena saw in the restroom which left her with a sleepless night, starts to revolve in front of her eyes.