Chapter 65: Ultraclass phenomenon

The next day, Serena wakes up bright and early ready for the big day ahead.

She practically dances out of bed, before she runs up to her curtains full of energy. She opens up her curtains and opens up the window to her new hotel room. She takes a deep breath of fresh morning air before she shouts with a beaming smile on her face "Today is the day! It's finally here!"

She quickly goes through her morning routine with more exuberance than usual, prancing around her room as she gets ready for the day ahead. She eats a light breakfast with her pokemon, takes a soothing shower before putting on a light face of makeup. She changes into her usual everyday outfit as she stands in front of her mirror with excitement practically dashing through every inch of her body.

With everything ready, Serena steps out of her hotel room and swiftly makes her way outside the building. She moved into this hotel room late last night to be closer to the venue for today's event. While she would have preferred staying with the professors, the convenience of this hotel is too hard to ignore.

She steps out of the hotel as the hot Aloan sun radiates of her fair white complexion. The Kalos queen takes another breath of morning air before she walks towards her car with a personal driver inside, of course provided to her by the event staff at the request of Palermo.

Serena steps into the back seat of the car and settles in, as her driver looks over his shoulder. The elderly well dressed man places a warm smile on his face as he questions "Are you ready to leave Miss Yvonne?"

Serena smiles back her driver and replies in a polite tone "Yeah I'm ready. I'm ready for anything they put in front of us."

The driver smiles at the young Kalos queen's enthusiasm and exclaims "That is very good mam, I'm sure you will be great. Unfortunately, Palermo and Aria will not be able to join us today. They are away on business in the Kanto region. However, they both send their best wishes. As do the whole of the Kalos region I can assure you."

Serena nods, already guessing that Aria wouldn't be here. She had a conversation with her a few days ago where she was apologetic about that fact, needing to go to Kanto to speak with a few companies about sponsorships and such. While she was hoping Palermo would make it, she guesses that she also needed to go too.

Serena shakes off that thought and places a small smile on her face as she exclaims "Well, that's okay. I'm going to make the whole of the Kalos region proud of their queen today. I'm representing them, as well as my family and friends out there. I promise I won't let them down.

The driver smiles a little, he's been a driver for many Kalos queens of the past but this new one certainly is one of his favourites. She brings such a youthful exuberance and positive attitude to the role that certainly brightens up the mood. With everything in place, the driver pulls away and sets off on the journey to the outdoor arena.
________________________________

Intro

After an hour or so of travelling, Serena arrives at the massive new outdoor Manolo arena. It's very similar to the Kalos outdoor arena used in Serena's 4th showcase, but it's even bigger and more grand a venue to fit such a large event.

It's a proper arena, seating over 100,000 spectators. The noise come tonight will almost be deafening, and Serena can't wait to see the crowd live.

Massive screens litter around the place, giving participants a close up onto the performers on stage. Lights beam down on to the stage in preparation for tonight, when the sun sets. Speakers are in their 100's, ready to project music around the place.