Chapter 9: A Mothers Love

Ash and the Alola gang now set off back to the school. After a full day off travelling they find themselves back outside the school gates.

Ash makes his way to the school gate and says "I can't believe we cleared the first island already." Kiawe says "I know it feels like only yesterday that you walked through the classroom door and I snapped at you." Mallow chuckles and says "you  were so rude for no reason." Kiawe sweat drops and says "I said I was sorry." Ash puts a hand on his shoulder and says "it all worked out in the end."

Lillie starts to get impatient and shouts "can you reminisce later I want to see the professor." The group all turn to see the young girl pout which makes them burst out in laughter. "What's so funny," Lille rages. Ash shakes his head and says "it's nothing come on let's go inside." The group nod as Ash opens the school gates and they all head inside.

They all walk inside the school and are welcomed back by a tanned face man. Principal Oak says "Ash, Kiawe, Mallow and Lillie is good to see you again. I heard through the grapevine Ash that you managed to defeat Hala, that is no small feat only Alolas strongest have been able to pull that off." Ash smiles and says "thanks principal Oak so how has everything been at the school." Oak says "same old really nothing special. I'm more interested to see how much all 4 of you have grown so far during your short journey."

Ash smirks and says "then the best way to do that would be to show you our pokemon."Ash takes his pokeballs off his belt and shouts "everyone come on out." The pokeballs hit the ground as Pikipeck and Rockruff emerge and let off their respective cries. At the same time mallow sends out Bounsweet. kiawe sends out Turtonator and Salandit. Lillie hesitates before finally letting cosmog out her bag. Upon being released Cosmog flies around happily and quickly joins the other Pokémon as he starts to play with Pikachu.

Oak compliments the 4 of them and says "all your pokemon look in great health and are extremely happy. you can tell that they have all been raised well with love and care." They all thank him in unison until Ash remembers something. "Oh yeah we also got given these," he says. The group seem to catch on to Ash's thinking and pull out their respective Pokémon eggs all protected by an incubator.  They all place their eggs down on a table as the old principal takes a closer look at them.

After inspecting each individual egg Oak says "wow those 4 eggs are of very rare Pokemon in the Alola region you should all look after those carefully." Ash smiles reassuringly and says "don't worry I've done this before no need to panic." Oak smiles and chuckles "oh yes I forget sometimes that my cousin was the one who gave you your first pokemon and he wouldn't sponsor any old trainer he would have made sure that you know what your doing." Ash scratches his head nervously and says "I'm not sure I exactly knew what I was doing when I got Pikachu but he definitely seen the potential in me I guess." Principal oak smirks and says "that's Samuel alright. He always a good judge of character."

Ash and the old principal laugh at their shared friend before Lillie nudges him in the hip. Ash turns around to see the group looking at him with less than impressed faces. Clearly they want to get this over with so they can get out of the school as fast as possible.

Ash coughs and changes the subject. "Sorry principal Oak but I'm looking for Kukui to give him his report can you please tell me where he is." Oak stops and says "kukui is teaching at the moment but should be done soon." Ash says "it's no trouble it's been nice to catch up but we should let him know we're here." The group nod in agreement and start to gather their things. Ash approaches to collect the eggs when suddenly one of the 4 eggs starts to glow.

Ash gaps and grabs the egg in question off the table. He turns around and says "Lillie that's your egg you must make sure you are the first one the pokemon sees that way it knows your his trainer. Ash hands the egg to Lillie as the rest of the group watch in awe being the first time they've seen an egg hatch. The room is enveloped in a white glow as Lillie reluctantly holds the egg