Part 27

***TW this chapter contains alcohol and abusive/aggressive/sexual behaviour***

Mel's Pov

It was becoming a repetitive cycle with Leah. She would get drunk, end up doing or saying something she regrets or can't remember. And then apologise profusely to me to try and convince me to forgive her. In all honesty, it was draining.

Of course, I love her. But there is only so much one person can take. Am I supposed to expect this to happen every time she drinks? Am I supposed to just accept this part of Leah, even though I know it isn't right?

This was a subconscious battle I was having with myself. Was the relationship worth all this hassle? It felt as though we took 2 steps forward within our relationship, to then take 10 steps back.

I was currently lying on my bed at home, the overwhelming thoughts predominantly consuming my brain. I was taken out of my thoughts to two messages appearing on my lock screen.

As I lifted the phone from the nightstand, I was not surprised to see one of them was from Leah.

Leah

Beth has told me what happened last night. I'm so sorry. Please can we talk? Xx

I rolled my eyes at Leah's message, internally sighing. Predictable.

Clicking off the message, I opened the second notification which was from an unknown number.

Unknown

Hey Mel, it's Beth. I hope you're okay after last night. I got your number from Leah by the way, I was just wondering if you fancy going for a coffee with me. Don't worry, I won't invite Leah if you don't want me to. I just want to make sure you're okay x

Mel

Hey Beth, I'm okay as can be. Thank you for checking. Coffee sounds good, I can meet you in an hour if that works for you. X

Less than a minute later I had confirmation from Beth that she would meet me in an hour at my shop. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Beth texting me to check how I was. We had gotten close since the day out at the zoo, and I was beginning to consider her as a good friend of mine.

The hour flew by and before I knew it I was entering the shop to be greeted by Jade.

Jade has worked her socks off since we expanded to Manchester, and I couldn't be prouder of her. As we sat down at a booth and had a quick catch up, the sound of the bell from the front door indicated that Beth had arrived, which was correct as she shortly appeared at the table before taking a seat next to Jade.

The three of us chatted for a while until Jade returned to work leaving myself and Beth alone.

I decided to be the one to break the tension between us. Although it wasn't direct attention, I knew there was a reason for Beth wanting to meet up with me, and I knew that would be to speak about Leah.

"How're you feeling after last night then? A bit rough?" I giggled.

"I'm not too bad. I think there's people who are feeling a lot worse than me. Although, I am jealous of you. You managed to escape the live concert Millie and Rach put on not long after you left, we couldn't get them off the mic." Beth responded laughing slightly as she rolled her eyes at her teammate's antics.

"Look, there's a reason why I'm here. I firstly want to make sure you're okay. Leah was completely out of order last night and you didn't deserve that."

As she finished her sentence, I could see the sympathetic look in her eyes. She was right though, I didn't do anything wrong last night, despite what Leah had said.