Part 4

I was completely taken aback; I really was Leah. She was the last person I was expecting to turn around and see, especially in the club.

Without saying anything, she leant across me to tap her card on the card reader to pay for the drink I had just ordered. The smell of her perfume filled my nose, the close contact caused the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Why does she have such an effect on me!?

"Thank you" I whispered as I began to drink.

For a few moments she stood silently just gently smiling down at me, after what felt like a lifetime, she finally spoke.

"How come you're on your own?" She questioned.

"I'm not." I abruptly answered. This came out harshly than intended, I just didn't want her to think I had come on a night out on my own without any friends.

"You see them two girls over there dancing with those boys..." I pointed to the dance floor where Bethany and Jessica were still dancing, now inappropriately with the randomers.

Leah nodded as her eyes followed the direction of my finger.

"I'm with them, they're my best friends..... But as you can see, they seemed to have found better company" I chuckled whilst turning back to Leah who was now laughing as she watched the questionable dance moves.

"Well in that case, do you want to join me over there?" Smiling gently as she signalled to the table in the corner.

"Yeah course" I nodded.

As I got up from the stool, Leah softly grabbed my hand as we began to make our way through the crowd. Eventually making our way to the table in the corner of the room, still allowing me to keep my two best friends in eyesight to make sure they were okay.

"So, did you not fancy dancing with your friends?" She asked whilst chuckling to herself.

"Not really, I mean I don't really fancy being the 5th wheel, and also my moves are a lot better than there's" A smug smile spreading across my face.

"Oh really?" Sitting up right now in her chair as her facial expression changed. "Maybe she could show me one time." Leah finished, raising her eyebrows as she did so.

Its crazy how alcohol can make you more confident than usual, which was becoming more apparent the more the conversation progressed.

"So why are you here anyway? Surely footballers are not allowed to drink?"

"Ah, you've done some research. That must mean you've checked up on me?" Leah stated, whilst throwing a wink towards me.

I could feel the blushing in my cheeks suddenly increasing as my face began to heat up through embarrassment. Why did I even bring that up.

"well-erm-not really-well actually maybe yeah" I stuttered, the nervousness now taking over, causing my body to tingle.

"Relax, I'm just playing with you. I'm here with some of the girls, we haven't got a game this weekend and have tomorrow off, so we decided to come out."

Leah nodded to the other side of the room where I spotted the girls who came in the shop, along with a few additional others.

"Please don't let me keep you, go and have fun with your friends." I assured her.

"I think I would prefer to stay here with you, if that's okay?" She answered.

I could feel the smile creeping across my face, of course I wanted to spend the night chatting too her, right now there would be nowhere else I would rather be.

The time quickly past by as we spent the night chatting, laughing, and taking it in turns to buy the drinks at the bar. Leah had managed to persuade me to go over to her friends to say hello which I strongly disagreed to do at first, until she gave me puppy dog eyes. Then I couldn't say no.

All of the girls were so welcoming and made me feel comfortable in their company. I mainly spoke to Beth, who had me in stitches with the some of the stories she was telling me about what they get up to in training. From what I gathered, Katie and Beth seem to be the jokers of the group, much to the dismay of Leah who seemed to be the butt of most of their jokes and pranks.

Jessica and Bethany had informed me earlier in the night they were going home.... With the guys they met at the bar, which was no surprise at all. So, I had spent the remainder of the evening with Leah and her friends.

I checked the time and realised it was now 3am, indicating for me to call it a night and to get myself to bed.

I told Leah I was leaving and said goodbye to the rest of the girls, Leah insisted on walking me out of the club and waiting with me until my uber arrived, despite me assuring her I was fine.

We were only waiting a couple of minutes until my uber driver pulled up.

"It was lovely seeing you tonight, Mel, get home safe" Leah pulled me into a hug as we said our goodbyes.

"I've really enjoyed myself, please tell the girls I said thank you for being so welcoming, it was a laugh." I whispered in her ear whilst still being held into the hug.

I made my way into the taxi and turned to wave to Leah as the driver began to pull away.

The taxi home consisted of me re-thinking about the night I had and how perfect it was. I loved being in Leah's company and wished the night didn't have to end.

As I got home, I quickly got myself ready changed and ready for bed.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I heard my phone ping.

Sighing to myself I lifted the phone to the nightstand. I immediately sat bolt right in bed when I realised what the notification was.

Leah Williamson is following you.

I scrambled to open Instagram and clicked on Leah's name. My heart suddenly began beating as though it was about to come out of my chest.

I quickly hit the follow back button, and instantly locked my phone as my hands trembled through a mixture of nerves and excitement.

Before I had chance to process what had just happened, my phone pinged again with a notification.

Leah Williamson has messaged you.

I opened the message.

Leah Williamson
Hey Mel, I just wanted to check you got home safe and are okay?x

My heart. She's so caring and genuine.

Mel

Hey Leah, Yeah, I'm home now and I'm in bed just about to head to sleep. Did you get home safe?x

Leah Williamson

Yeah I'm home too thank you. It was lovely spending time with you tonight. I'll speak to you soon?x

Mel

I enjoyed spending time with you too. Speak to you soon, Goodnight Leah xx

And with that, I closed my eyes with a content smile on my face and went to sleep the happiest I have been in a long time.