Part 11

Mel's Pov

A few weeks had passed since I last seen or spoken to Leah. I had received various texts from her though, which consisted of her pleading with me to respond so we could talk and for me to listen to her side. However, I wasn't in the right head space. I felt humiliated and still slightly hurt that I had read the whole situation wrong, therefore I opted to ignore Leah's pleas.

Instead, I threw myself into work which managed to keep me occupied. Some of the Arsenal girls made a few appearances in the shop, which was becoming a regular occurrence, however there was no sign of Leah during these occasions. I gathered they were still unaware of what had happened between the two of us and so I opted to keep it this way. Afterall, why would I want to tell them about the rejection I received.

Nonetheless, I had taken a particular liking to both Katie and Beth. They could be heard continuously laughing and joking with one another which you couldn't help but smile at their actions.

A further few days had passed, and I had decided I now needed to take my mind away from Leah. Neither of my friends knew about Leah and so they thought my mood recently was due to the stress of the opening of the shop, something which I thought was easier to be kept that way as despite my feelings, I didn't want them to think bad of Leah. Even though they don't know her.

Girl's talk 💅🏻👯❤

Mel
Hey girlies, how you feeling about another night out? I feel like it will help me to de-stress.

Bethany
What!? Are you feeling, okay?
I don't think you've tried to arrange a night out in a long time!

Jessica
Wow you must really need this night out! I'm up for it so count me in. x

Bethany

Yeah, I'm in too. Xx

I decided to invite my cousin Louise with us too, Louise gets on well with my friends and doesn't get out much due to having 3 kids. However, as predicted, I received a immediate response from my cousin confirming she will be attending our girls night out.

As always, once everybody was ready, we decided to meet at my place for a few pre-drinks before heading out to the club. I was in good spirits about tonight, I think this was because my cousin was coming, so if Jess and Bethany decided to pull randomers, I knew I wouldn't be left on my own.

We knew it was going to be a good night when we immediately bought a round of shots at the bar. Although it wasn't the healthiest way to deal with what has happened recently, I knew by getting extremely drunk, it would allow me to forget about Leah. For tonight at least.

The night began well, consisting of Bethany forcing us to accompany her with tequila shots. They seemed a good idea at the time, however the alcohol intake is starting to take its toll on me as I am currently stood at the bar with my cousin, having a deep and emotional chat about nothing.

Just as we were mid conversation, we exited the bar to make our way back over to the table when I froze on the spot. To the left of the room, I spotted the tall blonde, the exact person I had been avoiding. As I stood staring in her direction, I noticed she was stood next to a shorter blonde, one I hadn't recognised or seen her with before. The pair were laughing and joking with one another. The pit in my stomach instantly dropped, was this why she didn't want things between us to progress further?

I was snapped out of my gaze by Louise, who's hand was now gripping loosely around my wrist as she pulled me into the middle of the dancefloor. It was obvious Louise hadn't noticed the sudden change within my demeanour, however, I decided to brush it off anyway. If Leah had found somebody else, it was my turn to move on as well.

As I began to dance with Louise to the songs currently being played, subconsciously my eyes began to keep finding their way to the blonde's direction, who I assumed hadn't seen me, yet.

After seeing Leah's interaction with the shorter, the drinks started to go down progressively quicker as I was trying to completely become oblivious to my surroundings, trying to hide the jealousy. I think the multiple tequila shots worked because I was now dancing in the middle of the dancefloor as if nobody was watching.

That was until I felt a pair of hands snake around my hips. At this point I was completely wasted and hadn't even looked to see who was now dancing behind me. Instead, I pushed myself against them provocatively as I began to grind against their front.

I'm not sure how long I was dancing against the stranger, but I then heard a slight whisper in my ear.

"Do you want to come back to my place?" The voice was deep and husky, the warm breath against my ear caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. But not in a good way.

As I turned to face the stranger, I was greeted with a tall figure, with dark hair and stubble. Their eyes felt as though they were piercing my soul.

I'm even into guys!

"N-no thank you, sorry I didn't realise who I was dancing against" I stuttered, now desperately looking around the room to find my friends and cousin.

"Come on sweetheart, don't be a tease."

"Please leave me alone" My voice was now beginning to quiver as I started to become frantic; I was beginning to edge backwards on the dance floor, attempting to free myself from the man's grip.

"You can't dance with me like that and then leave me high and dry." The man was visibly getting angry now as he attempted to pull me back towards him, causing a slight interruption on the middle of the dance floor.

Before I had time to react or say anything further, I felt a hand resting on my shoulder from behind, causing me to jump at the touch.

"Mel?"

Throughout the altercation with the man, I had been dancing with, I seemed to have quickly sobered up.

Turning around I was now facing Leah. Whose eyes looked over me concerned.

"Are you okay?" We were now stood centimetres apart, her eyes now gazing at me softly with a gentle smile which had appeared on her face.

I noticed the man was still stood beside me, quickly looking to Leah who must have read my facial expression as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the exit of the club.

As we left the club, Leah pulled me towards a taxi where she placed me into one of the passenger seats in the back, before making her way around the other side and taking her place in the seat next too me.

Just as the car had begun to make its journey, I had now turned to Leah, unsure as to where we are heading.

"Where are we going?"

"Back to my house, I want to make sure you're safe" She whispered, she was now trying to read my body language, wondering if I was okay with this, her hand was now slowly resting on my thigh as an act of reassurance.

Without saying another word, tears began to fall from my eyes rapidly as I was overwhelmed by the events of the night. I put myself in danger by getting as drunk as I was earlier, and now I was with Leah. Being with Leah was a bittersweet feeling, although I felt safe with her, I was still hurt through her words. And I knew I was in no fit state to speak about our feelings tonight. Despite these feelings, I didn't want to be going home alone and so I was content with going back to Leah's apartment.