Part 29

Leah's Pov

I was the first to wake up the following morning, remaining in the same position in which we fell asleep. Mel's head was still lying upon my chest as her right arm was firmly wrapped around my waist, as if she never wanted to let go.

Mel was still in a deep sleep as I began to gently run my fingers through her hair, trying my best to not disturb her as I knew sleep would be the thing, she needed the most at this moment.

I lay for a while content in the position I was in, my girl back in my arms where she belonged.

After a while I decided to head downstairs, I knew there was no chance of me falling back to sleep, but I also didn't want to interrupt Mel's sleep.

As I entered the living room, I put on the tv and began scrolling through social media on my phone. Losing track of time, I was unsure as to how long I had been sat there for, but I was interrupted by Mel coming down the stairs.

Her hair was slightly messy from her sleep and her eyes were red and swollen through the tears she shed last night. The sight of her fragile posture caused my heart to break.

Mel's Pov

As I woke up, I quickly noticed I wasn't in my own bedroom, I was at Leah's. My heart began to beat faster as the memories from last night came flooding back. Unable to fight the tears back I decided to let them fall down my face. I was scared, scared that Leah would hate me. Scared of what could have happened if she didn't turn up when she did. Scared that this would change me as a person.

Leah was nowhere to been seen, which caused my tears to turn to sobs. I felt safe in her arms last night, I felt like I was back to where I belonged.

Despite us not clearing the air from the argument we had, that no longer mattered. I just wanted us to be back to how we used to be.

As I climbed out of bed, I decided I would need to go and speak to Leah, we had a lot to talk about.

Entering the living room, I spotted Leah sitting on the sofa intently scrolling through her phone, she looked exhausted, but still beautiful, nevertheless. It didn't take her long before noticing my presence, placing her phone beside her as our eyes met with one another's, A moment of silence surrounded us as we studied the features of one another.

"Thank you for last night." I attempted to say, it came out barely above a whisper.

Leah's eyes immediately softened as she gestured for me to join her on the sofa.

"How are you feeling?" She questioned, her tone of voice was soft, although a hint of concern laced through her words causing my heart to skip a beat as I made my way to sit beside her.

"I think we need to talk" I sighed, trying now to avoid her gaze.

Leah nodded in anticipation, I knew I needed to be the one to begin the conversation, but the words were a lot harder to find in this moment.

The struggle I was currently faced with caused Leah to place her hand on my leg for reassurance. The initial touch caused me to stiffen slightly, before relaxing as Leah offered a weak smile towards me.

"Take your time." She whispered.

I knew I needed to get it all off my chest and so taking a sharp breath I began.

"I know we haven't spoken properly about what happened between us, and I'm sorry for ignoring you. I just thought I needed some space to think about everything. I'm still not entirely happy about what happened, but none of that matters now.

Last night, I went out with people from work. I wanted to use it as a distraction from you which was working at one point, until I lost the people I was out with. The man from last night followed me from the bar and was persistent in me going home with him, despite the several knock backs and confirming on more than one occasion I would be going home by myself.

He didn't want to take no for an answer. As I left the club, I walked around the corner to get a taxi, I thought I was better waiting in a quieter area, I had no idea he had followed me."

The tears began once again, this time coming faster than before as my breathing became quicker, making it difficult for me to continue with the explanation. Without saying a word, Leah edged closer to me, wrapping me in her arms whilst placing soft kisses on my forehead.

"You're okay, I've got you" she whispered between kisses.

After a few moments, the silence was broken.

"Did he hurt you?" she questioned, her voice slightly breaking at the severity of what could have happened.

"My waist is a bit sore from where he had hold of me, but nothing more than happened. He was kissing my neck as he gripped hold of me and wouldn't let me go." I cried.

Leah's hold on me was tighter than ever before, wanting to take the pain away from me but unsure exactly how to at this moment.

"I just want to forget about it, I don't want to talk about it anymore" I shifted slightly, lifting my head from Leah's chest as I looked directly into her eyes. The eyes I adored more than anything in the world.

Leah nodded in agreement before placing another gentle kiss on my cheek.

"I'm supposed to be going to my mum's today to see the rest of my family, I can cancel if you want, and we can spend the day watching films."

"No, you don't need to cancel. I don't want you to change your plans because of me." I smiled, encouraging Leah to go be with her family. "I'll be fine."

Despite me wanting Leah to spend time with her family, I was slightly gutted that I wouldn't be able to spend the day in her arms.

I departed the living room and headed upstairs to get changed, knowing I would have to go back home whilst Leah got ready herself for her family day.

I picked up my clothes from last night and headed into the bathroom, unaware that Leah had now also made her way upstairs after me.

As I took off the t-shirt I slept in, I immediately noticed the bruises on my hip caused from the grip of the man last night. The bruises were large in comparison to the size of my body, and you could clearly see the outline of the hands and fingers which were in the shape of the bruises which had formed. Running my fingers over them as I looked in the mirror my eyes began to fill with tears.

I was unaware of how long I had been inspecting the marks and was snapped back to reality as there was a faint knock on the bathroom door before it slowly opened.

"Are you okay?"

Leah's frame now appeared within the doorway; her eyes diverted immediately to my torso as she took in the bruises.

"Come here" her tone faltered as she stepped towards me, wrapping her arms around my neck pulling my body against hers.

"I don't want you to be on your own today" she muttered as her nose was muffled into my hair.

"I'll be okay, I promise" I responded apprehensively, unsure at this point as to whether it was Leah or myself, I was trying to convince.

"Why don't you come with me? My family would love to see you, and that way we can still spend the day together?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude – " I began, but was quickly cut off by Leah.

"Of course, I'm sure, come on, you can borrow my clothes."

Her hand found mine as our fingers intertwined as she led me through to the bedroom where she began to rummage through her wardrobe, allowing me to watch on intently.

Both of us were secretly happy and content that we were back in the presence of one another, neither of us wanting to leave the others side.

How did I get so lucky to find someone to care for me as much as Leah does?