Part 12

By the time we arrived back to Leah's house, I was drained. Physically, and emotionally. As we entered through the front door Leah immediately headed straight for the kitchen where I could here the light banging of the cupboards being opened and closed. I on the other hand remained in the hallway, captivated by my own thoughts.

Why am I here? Why is she acting like she cares? Where is the girl she was with earlier?

My brain was doing overtime trying to determine whether I had made the right decision by allowing Leah to bring me back here. I was suddenly snapped from my thoughts when Leah's figure appeared into the door frame of the kitchen.

"Mel, you can come in you know?" a soft chuckle left her mouth as I could see she was trying her hardest to feel at ease.

Her demeanour was the complete opposite to mine. Leah at this moment looked cool, calm, and collected. I, on the other hand, was stood with a slight body tremble, unsure whether this was through the nerves of being back inside her house or through the fact that I was extremely cold. My arms were folded across my body acting as a form of protective barrier.

I offered Leah a gentle smile in return to her kindness but remained rooted to the same spot. Our eyes were holding each other's gazed without speaking any further words. That was until Leah began to approach me, snaking her arm around my shoulder and pulling me closer to her as she guided me towards the kitchen.

As we entered the kitchen, Leah told me to take a seat at the table whilst she would continue to make a hot chocolate, to warm me up. Leah and her hot chocolates. My eyes didn't leave Leah once as I watched her shuffle around the kitchen as I attempted to try and read her actions, unaware of her intentions of bringing me back here. After all, I had been ignoring her.

A few moments later, Leah had set a cup of hot chocolate in front of me, before taking a seat at the table facing me. I continued to watch Leah and couldn't help but admire just how amazing she looked. Her hair was tied in a loose low bun with the front pieces falling around her face in an effortless look. She was wearing a pair of black cargo trousers, with a white cropped t-shirt which hugged her body in all the right places, showing off her toned abs. How can she look this good at the end of the night? I knew I probably looked the complete opposite; mascara ran down my face through the tears that were spared earlier, causing me to have panda eyes.

The kitchen area was now filled with silence as neither of us seemed to want to be the first to speak, Leah was intensely staring at the hot chocolate which was positioned in front of her, her hands firms wrapped around the cup, which I believe was helping to settle her own nerves throughout this situation.

Taking a small sip of the drink she had kindly made me, I decided to break the silence.

"Your hot chocolate skills have improved." I whispered.

"Huh?" her head suddenly snapped up; her eyes now met mine as I ushered a smile too her.

"Your hot chocolate skills, they've improved. This is tasty, thank you."

"I had a good teacher" she smirked. The confidence now returning to her posture. Sitting up straight, her eyes were still firmly fixed on mine.

"Who was that guy?" she questioned after clearing her throat.

"I uh, I erm, don't know" the latter left my mouth barely as a whisper. I was embarrassed that I allowed myself to get into that situation.

"What do you mean? What happened?" her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"erm..."

I was in two minds; do I tell her I got extremely drunk because I was jealous? Or do I lie and just say I don't know what happened. After a moment or two, I decided to be honest. What did I have to lose?