Part 1

I woke up this morning in the best mood I had been in within a long time. Excited for what the day ahead would bring, I quickly had a shower and got myself ready, I slightly curled my hair which rested just below my collarbones, and applied a minimal amount of mascara and lip gloss to give a natural look. Obviously, I wanted to a make a lasting good first impression on whatever customer's came into the store today.

As I made the short drive from my apartment to the bakery, as I pulled up, I could hear my phone constantly going off with notifications which without looking, I imagine was from the group chat's I currently have. The opening wasn't until 10am but I wanted to get here earlier to get in some last-minute preparations to make sure today went as smoothly and as perfect as possible. Before exiting my car, I unlocked my phone to be welcomed with the messages from the group chat with my best friends.

Girl's talk 💅🏻👯❤

Bethany

Good luck today girl! Xx

Jessica

You're gonna smash it! We're all so proud of you!

Grace

Can't wait to come and see you in action! Enjoy every moment of it, you've worked SO hard, and we love you xxx

Me

Thank you, girls! I can't wait for you to come and see it later! Couldn't have done this without your constant support. Love you all so much xxx

I had a few other messages from family members also wishing me luck and confirming what time they will be dropping by today. As I finished replying to all the messages, I slowly made my way to the store entrance. It was surreal to see my name above the door of my own bakery. Cakes by Munroe was printed in italic white font against a soft pink background, a white border around to add the finishing touch to the sign. As I unlocked the front door and entered, the bell above the door rang and it was like music in my ears. I stood for a short while looking around the front of the shop, taking it all in. This was mine. I had finally done it after years of saving to be able to have my dream shop, decorated exactly how I wanted it. It took me weeks to find the perfect location for the shop. After continuously feeling deflated as no vacancies felt right I was on the verge of giving up. Until I found this one. Featured just on the outside of the Maltings shopping centre in St. Albans, it was in the perfect spot. Not located right in the middle of the shopping centre where it may become overcrowded but was easily visible for those who did not know it was here.

The colour scheme of the shop replicated the colours of the sign above the entrance. The walls were decorated in a shade of soft pink, the tables and chairs were a glossy white which I had arranged to ensure the perfect amount of space was left between each table. The counter was also a shade of glossy white, with a large glass cabinet which displayed a mixture of cakes and cupcakes which were prepared by myself. The back wall, just behind the counter featured a display which consisted of jars full of sweets on one side and fancy hand made tea pots on the other which sat just above the coffee machine. The final touch added to complete the overall look were the 3 hanging ceiling lights which softly lit up the front counter, although it they weren't really needed due to the natural sunlight which lit up the shop from the bay windows, I felt as though they were the missing piece to the interior as it added a homely touch.

Despite me getting here earlier, there wasn't much that needed to be done. Instead, I spent the time dancing around re-wiping the tables and straightening up the jars on the counter for what felt like the 12th time. As 9.30am approached, I heard the bell above the front door go as Jade walked in with a smile from ear to ear. Jade is another close friend of mine who I had been friends with since primary school. Jade shares the same passion as me for baking and so it seemed like the ideal fit to have jade working with me. We are currently hiring more people to help fulfil my dream, but I had decided it was best to wait to do this until after the opening, after all, there was still a risk of this not being as successful as I had hoped.