Part 23

Mel's Pov

I was awoken to the deafening sound of Leah's alarm, rolling over I was face to face with the blonde whose eyes were firmly closed as she was still deep in sleep. Leaning over to the side table I turned Leah's alarm off before laying my head back on the pillow facing Leah.

Gently placing my hand on her cheek my thumb began to trace circles just under her cheek bone as I admired her angelic features. Even when asleep she managed to give me butterflies, her hair was tied back into a loose pony whilst smaller strands of hair dropped onto her face where they had become loose overnight. Her lips were slightly parted as small snores departed her body.

After a few moments I decided to wake Leah by placing a soft but loving kiss onto her lips, which caused her to stir slightly before cautiously opening her eyes, a smile spreading across her face as her eyes met my own.

"Good morning" she whispered before pulling my body towards her, nuzzling my head into her chest and wrapping my arm around her waist.

We stayed in this position for a couple of minutes before Leah decided to interrupt the silence, we had been so content with.

"What time is it?" Leah questioned, her morning voice was low and husky.

"Your alarm went off around 10 minutes ago, so I think its roughly half 9."

"Sorry I meant to turn that off" she groaned, pulling me impossibly closer than before, placing small kisses to the top of my head.

"Have you not got training today?"

Pulling my head back from Leah's chest, our faces were now inches apart.

"No, I'm off today. I was hoping maybe we could do something?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"What about going to the zoo? I can ask some of the Arsenal girls too if you like, gives you a chance to get to know them more?" Leah questioned.

"Sounds good, I'll go grab a shower" I confirmed before placing another peck to Leah's lips.

The sun was shining today and so I decided to dress in a floral summery dress, allowing my hair to natural fall just below my shoulders with a slight curl to the ends and a pair of sunglasses. As I sat downstairs waiting for Leah to finish getting ready I scrolled on socials.

"You ready to go?" Leah questioned as she entered the kitchen, She was wearing a pair of Nike Shorts with a white nike t-shirt, looking effortlessly good.

"You look good" playfully wiggling my eyebrows too her.

"So do you gorgeous" Leah replied before pulling me into a kiss.

"Who's coming today then?" I asked as we left my house.

"Well me and you... obviously, Beth and Viv are coming and so are Ruesha and Katie. Is that okay?" Leah turned to face me as she questioned.

"Yeah, it sounds good, I'm looking forward to getting to know them more" I smiled reassuring the blonde.

We had decided to meet the girls in a local café for some breakfast before spending the day at the zoo.

As me and Leah arrived, we were greeted by the four girls who were already sat at a table by the window.

"Hey guys!" Beth beamed as we made our way towards them, causing the other 3 girls to look in our direction before also greeting us.

As Leah embraced the girls in individual hugs, I stood silently behind, slightly nervous as I had quickly remembered I barely knew these girls.

That was until I was brought out of my train of thoughts by Beth who had wrapped her arm around me, pulling me into the chair seated beside her.