Part 25

Mel's Pov

As I entered the venue, I was greeted by the sight of the lionesses who had already gotten the party into full swing. Darting my eyes around the room I was attempting to lock eyes with Leah as I was slightly nervous about meeting the rest of the girls.

The room was crowded with the England players, along with some of the staff along with, who I assumed to be partners of the other players. The team had hired a small private function room, I imagine this was to save the risk of being out in public. However, the room was quite plain in terms of decorations – nothing too special.

As I made my way further into the room, I was still unable to find Leah. I hesitantly made my way to the bar to buy a drink, by the looks of some of the dance moves which were being thrown on the dance floor, the girls had already had a fair bit to drink beforehand.

I was in my own little world as I watched on, enjoying the atmosphere which was already apparent between everybody who had attended.

Just as I had been handed my drink, I was greeted by Beth who had wrapped her arms around me instinctively.

"You made it!" she shouted as her lips were positioned behind my right ear as I was pulled into a tight embrace.

"Hey Beth, well done on the win today." I beamed back.

Beth and I got along extremely well together since the day out at the zoo and so I were thankful I was now in her company, as opposed to being stood alone at the bar.

"Do you know where Leah is?" I questioned, returning to search for the tall blonde around the room.

"Oh, I think she's gone to the bathroom. Come on, I'll introduce you to some of the girls." Beth insisted before gripping my wrist and pulling me towards a large table in the corner which was occupied with some of the players.

As we approached the table, I noticed a few of the girls looking towards our direction, specifically a duo who had large smiles plastered across their faces.

"You must be Mel. I'm Georgia. Leah has told us sooooooo much about you." She laughed whilst rolling her eyes, indicating Leah had obviously spoken about our relationship eagerly to the girls.

"This is Keira." Georgia continued pointing to the red-haired girl who was sat besides her.

"It's nice to meet you both" I smiled nervously at the pair.

"Come take a seat." Keira insisted as she edged closer to Georgia to create some room for me to sit down.

Thankfully, Beth sat parallel to me across the table which put me slightly at ease.

Georgia and Keira took the time to introduce me to the remaining bodies on the table and I quickly learnt I was sat with Rachel Daly, Millie Bright, Mary Earps, Keira, Georgia, and of course Beth.

After several conversations and briefly getting to know the girls, I eventually felt at ease in their company, especially after they insisted on visiting my shops after much persuasion from Beth who insisted they would not regret it.

As I was in deep conversation with Mary, who was discussing in great length her most recent Tik Tok videos, we were interrupted as a figure which barged onto the table, knocking the drinks which were sat upon the table over. Before I was able to acknowledge the figure which had fallen, I felt the coldness of the spillage hit my body as it seeped through my dress, causing a dark stain to occur through the vodka coke which Mary had previously been drinking.

Immediately, standing up to prevent further spillages, I quickly stood from the seat, luckily Mary had a pack of tissues in her bag which she kindly presented too me as she helped me attempt to dry the dress without making it any worse.