Part 22

Mel's pov

The games night at Amanda's was a success, despite the nerves beforehand I was quickly put at ease by the Williamson's who made me feel at home. What shocked me the most was the affection Leah had shown me in front of her family. Which was a large contrast to the way she acted with me last time in front of them.

As we were collecting our things to leave, I watched as Leah said her goodbyes to her family members, giving them a loving hug before exiting. Just as we were about to leave through the front door, I was approached by Amanda who pulled me into a warm, but loving embrace.

"It was lovely to see you again, please know you're welcome around here anytime." She whispered as her head rested on my shoulder; her arms tightly snaked over my shoulders.

"Thank you and thank you for letting me join tonight. I've really enjoyed it." I smiled back as I pulled away, quickly glancing at Leah who was looking back at me with a loving smile across her face.

Once we were back in the car, Leah immediately took hold of my hand as we made the short journey home. There car ride home was silent, but not an uncomfortable silence. We had gotten back to the point where we didn't feel it necessary to fill the void with pointless conversation, instead we were happy with just being in one another's company.

"Thank you for coming with me tonight" Leah whispered as she pulled up outside of my house. Unclipping my seatbelt I leant over, softly pulling Leah into a hug.

"Thank you for inviting me, I had a lovely night." My words were muffled as my head rested in the crook of Leah's neck.

Lifting slightly, I gave a gentle but loving peck to Leah's lips before turning to open the car door.

In that moment, I knew I wasn't ready to say goodnight to Leah and wanted her to stay. Despite us saying we will take things slow; we had an amazing night together tonight and I didn't want it to end with us in separate beds.

Although I was confident Leah would agree, this did not stop the nerves. What if I did ask her and she said no?

Nevertheless, I decided to bite the bullet. After all, if you don't ask you don't get. Right?

Sheepishly turning back to Leah, I was greeted once again by the warm and loving smile which had been prominent on Leah's face the entire night.

"Le?" I whispered.

"Is everything okay?"

I could see the panic set in on her face as she attempted to read my body language and the sudden shift in the tone of my voice.

"Could you please stay with me tonight?"

Without responding, Leah's eyes began to light up at my question. Without speaking a word, I felt her lips connect with mine as her hand cupped my cheek.

"I would love too" she muttered as her lips brushed against mine.

Despite sharing a bed with Leah often previously, we opted to get ready for bed separately. I made my way to the bathroom to change, allowing Leah to get changed into the shorts and T-shirt I had given her in my bedroom.

As I exited the bathroom, I was greeted by Leah who had already made herself comfortable in my bed as she scrolled through her phone, waiting for me to join her. As soon as Leah's eyes met mine, she instantly placed her phone on the nightstand and pulled back the covers on my side of the bed.

We lay in silence for a few moments as we turned onto our sides positioning ourselves to face one another. Taking in her features I studied each feature of the blonde in front of me. Mesmerized once again by the striking blue eyes with gazed back at me lovingly. I watched as her eyes lifted slightly as her lips curled at either side before turning into a shy smile, her eyes still firmly fixed upon mine.

I lifted my hand and brushed a piece of fallen hair out of her face, tucking it softly behind her ear. Leaving my hand still cupping her face as I felt her relax into my touch. After a few seconds, my hand was still resting against Leah's cheek as my thumb was gently rubbing across her cheek bone.

Slowly moving my head closer, I pressed my lips against Leah's. It was a deep and passionate kiss which was slow as our lips began to find the perfect rhythm. I shifted slightly as I raised myself up, lifting against my left elbow as my hand was still holding Leah's cheek. Leah who had now positioned herself underneath me slightly as she was now lay on her back had positioned both hands on my cheeks as she pulled me back towards her, placing her lips against mine.

The kiss was intense, the feeling of excitement and butterflies in my stomach erupted as the kiss became more passionate. Leah, who had took a second to catch her breath, slightly parted her lips which I took as an invitation as I rolled my tongue along her bottom lip, awaiting a signal from Leah to enter my tongue into her mouth, which I received almost instantly as my tongue quickly intertwined with hers, fighting for dominance but still in a passionate and lustful way which caused a soft moan to leave her mouth. Despite the sexual tension between us, both parties knew this would all it would be for tonight as neither of us wanted to push the other's limit too far, too soon. Despite us both desperately wanting it.

Finally parting away from each other as we both regained our breathe, I pulled Leah closer to me. Resting her head on my chest as my arms tightly wrapped round her. Leah's left arm snaked around my torso as I placed a soft kiss to the top of her head.

"I love you" I whispered before closing my eyes.

"I love you too."

I felt Leah place a delicate kiss to my cheek before positioning her head back against my chest as our heartbeats beat in a timely rhythm as we both eventually fell asleep, firmly in the arms of one another.