45

YEJI

"goodbye eomma! i love you always, i'll be back soon okay? you and Yuna take care always!" i said, i gave them a final hug then i grinned and entered the vehicle.

"goodbye my sweet loving daughter! we love you, take care!" my mom said as she waved.

Yuna winked as she waved farewell and said, "goodbye Yeji, don't forget to text me."

it was so hard to see my mom crying, i know that we'll not be able to see each other for a while again. but i assure them that i'll update them on what's happening with my life..

i gave them one final look as the car drifted away. i saw Yuna hugging and patting mom's back, my mom was always a crybaby but i know that's how she expresses her feelings. i could see Yuna laughing a bit which made my mom smack her back. i love them both so much.

-

after a short while on our journey, i looked at Ryujin. she looked anxious, as i could tell from her expression.

i gently held her hand, she turned to face me then on our hands.

"it's so hard to think that after 2 days, i'm not able to hold your hand anymore.. or to hug you, to kiss you.." Ryujin struggled to contain her emotions, i could tell she was about to cry.

"it will only last a year. you'll be able see me again, i swear." i kissed Ryujin's hand as i felt her grip tightened.

"what if it last for years? how can i be sure that 'Yeddeong' will still be there waiting for me?" Ryujin then looked directly into my eyes as she started to tear up.

"i'm sure, no matter how long it takes.. a year.. two years? three? four..? five? no matter how long it takes.. i'll wait for you." i then placed my other hand on hers and gave her a kiss on the cheek while caressing her hand with my thumb.

"i love you, always. don't forget that, okay?" i gave her a reassuring smile as she just nodded.

"i love you more, Yeji. i really can't afford to lose you.. again." Ryujin murmured and she gave my hand a kiss. i can't imagine losing Ryujin again. but i am aware that we need to do this for my safety and Ryujin's.

i didn't realize i was crying when Ryujin cupped my cheek. she turned my head to face her and i saw her worried look.

"hey.. i don't like it when you cry.. it makes me sad as well.." Ryujin chuckled. "you got snot all over your nose.." Ryujin giggled softly as she lifted off her shirt and wiped the mucus off my face with her shirt. i was in such tears. i can only think about how many days Ryujin and i wouldn't be able to meet.

"Yeji.." she tried to comfort me by wrapping her arms around me.

"want some chocolate ice cream? if you want, i could get you one from a mini-store nearby." Ryujin smiled at me, trying to change the subject.

i nodded at her offer once i  had collected myself, and she grinned.

"okay," she nodded, then she tapped Jisoo's shoulder and said, "can you stop by right there?" she said, she pointed toward the shop.

"sure." after that, i could feel our vehicle's speed decreasing.

 "i'll just wait for the both of you, hurry okay?" Jisoo said as we just both nodded and got outside of the car.

when we got inside of the store, i remembered Lia when we first met her. it was completely chaotic.

"pick anything you want. i'll pay on it." Ryujin said,

-

Ryujin groaned and looked at the paper bags she was carrying, 

"i thought you just wanted ice cream, guess i'm wrong." she spent 13,250 won for me, i just smiled at her in return.

"you said 'anything you want'. think before you speak." i giggled at her.

but as soon as i heard a group of people gossiping about us, my smile completely disappeared. i guess they were aware of it, and Ryujin probably heard about it as well.

"don't mind them." Ryujin smiles. i'm sure that this will be leaked on social media again, and JYP will be even more furious. i felt fear and worry.

Ryujin wrapped her arm around me and said, "don't worry, i swear it'll be okay."

as i felt Ryujin's arm over my shoulder move to my waist, i felt my cheeks turn red. 

"in those 2 days, we will make the most out of it. so promise me that you won't mind those losers, okay?" Ryujin added.

"what if you got hurt? or vice versa?" i nervously said while we're walking.

Ryujin chuckled, "i can punch, i can even kick asses."

"but didn't you just throw a fit over a spider last night?" i teased, trying not to laugh.

"spiders are an exception. i can't beat up spiders, or bugs.. insects overall." Ryujin awkwardly scratched her head.

RYUJIN

she was giggling as i walked her toward the car with my arm around her waist.

her getting less nervous makes me feel better.

"you guys are going to walk faster or i'll leave with people still gossiping about you both?" Jisoo's window was open and she rolled her eyes. 

YEJI

"Jisoo-unnie! you've been really mean to us today.." Ryujin joked, she put her hand on Jisoo's shoulder.

"i'm just worried, okay?" Jisoo said, she has obviously been feeling stress ever since we found out that pictures had been leaked.

"aww, Jisoo-unnie. finally treating me right eh?" Jisoo then smacked her head, stopping Ryujin from continuing her chuckle.

"ow!" Ryujin yelped.

"i can't wait to beat your ass once our contract is over. just wait." Jisoo narrowed her eyes and i saw Ryujin gulped.

Ryujin mockingly exclaimed, "Jiiisooooooo-unnnieeee!"

Jisoo grumbled, "just come inside! you're so stubborn that people are looking at us."

"okayyy~" Ryujin said, clearly teasing Jisoo. i was simply laughing at them. they're so chaotic.

"shut the fuck up, bro." Jisoo shouted-whispered. she was obviously irritated now, and Ryujin and i kept cracking up. she made a clear attempt to act professionally, but she failed.

Ryujin opened the car door for me.

she smirked at me and said, "you first, princess." 

i smiled. after that, we entered the vehicle.

"fucking corny." Jisoo scoffed as she finally drove off while me and Ryujin kept laughing at her.