16

YEJI

Yeonjun, the guy who was inlove with me ever since college. but i don't like him, he's an idiot, a complete idiot.

but, what he said just now made me furious. Ryujin never deserved this.

i slapped him on the cheek.

"can you fuck off!? she never deserved this. she never deserved to be treated like shit! even though she did that i already forgave her because i love her. stop bothering me!" i screamed at him.

"can't you see that i love you too? i can give you more that she would. why can't you see it?! are you that blindly inlove with her?!" he answered back.

"no, i would never love someone like you. and you know what? even if Ryujin didn't exist i would never like you, nor love you. so it's better if you just get out of my life!" i pushed him away and he sighed deeply.

"you'll regret this." he said, looking mad. then he walked away.

that crazy creep, no one deserves to be treated like that.

i was looking at the sky that was slowly setting. i can't get rid of what i'm feeling, i really felt worried.

Shin Ryujin, why are you such a ghoster?

i scoffed, it was time to go home.

after minutes of walking, i arrived at my apartment.

"that was so tiring.." i wiped my forehead. i went straight to my bedroom then jumped into the bed.

"ugh.." i took my phone then i scrolled through social media, i miss this.

"Shin Ryujin just won an award three days ago, for being the artist of the year!"

i just opened my social media and it's already full of Ryujin, it made me miss her more.

i went to the kitchen to get a glass of water while scrolling through twitter.

"maybe Ryujin isn't straight?"

"i'm not sure, but i think she isn't though."

i choked on my drink, are her fans really like this?

"god, eherm." i gulped, continuing to scroll.

"one of Ryujin's interviews, she told us that she once had a first love when she was in college, i'm so jealous."

"what?" i stared at my screen.

"she didn't say if it's a girl or a boy though."

"i bet she had a girlfriend."

my eyes widened, what interview?

i saw the thread of the tweet and i decided to scroll through it since someone might be kind enough to give the source, right?

"https://m.youtube.com/watch..."

bingo.

before i click the link, someone called me.

Yuna you... ugh!

i answered the phone.

"Yeji-unnie!! how are you there?" i heard her voice, she sounds really excited. it made me smile.

"i'm good, how about you and eomma?" i asked,

"we're doing good! we miss you. when are you coming home?" i heard her whine.

"haha, soon Yuna-ah. i still have work to do, you know?" i giggled.

"ehh," she complained.

"did you receive the gift i bought you yesterday?" i asked her.

"yeah it was a stuff bear, but it's better if you were the one who gave it to me, not a delivery man." she said, it made me laugh.

"don't worry, next time i'll be the one giving it to you, okay?" i assured her and she just gave me a 'mhm' response.

"okay, love you." i said, making a kiss noise.

"i love you too, unnie!!" she said then the call ended.

okay, let's continue.

i pressed the link and it showed here Ryujin and an interviewer. The title was 'Ryujin had a first love?', yeah? me.

the video was 2 minutes so i'm guessing they just trimmed that part.

"so Ryujin, i'm going to ask you a few questions and you need to answer them honestly. okay?" the woman said and i saw Ryujin giggled.

September 2021, it was a year ago.

"are you scared of bugs?" the interview started and Ryujin gave a nervous laugh.

"mhm, but i don't wanna share why." then they both laughed.

"favorite food?" she asked,

"mocha bread or spicy foods." Ryujin smiled.

"is it true that you're scared of heights?" the interviewer asked,

"yes..?" she answered with a questionable tone. it made me giggle a bit.

"who inspired you to be what you are now?"

there was a short pause, i was nervous.

"hm, well. i don't have a family to begin with, but.. there was this girl." she looked into the camera then to the interviewer.

"alright, last question." she said, "is it true that you had a lover before entering the idol's life?" she asked.

"umm, haha." she nervously laughed.

"yes, it's true, everything about her makes me fall inlove with her. but sadly we went seperate ways." she explained.

"it's a girl?" the woman's eyes widened.

"it's either a 'he' or a 'she', i'm not going to tell it." she giggled and the interviewer looked so curious.

"i see, well-"

the video ended there and here i am, shocked.

how come i never saw this before?

i shook my head then i placed my cellphone on the mini table that was beside my bed.

"i can't sleep but...okay." i closed my eyes.

-

-

i woke up pretty early. then i realized,

Ryujin will be back now!!

i excitedly went to the bathroom to take a bath, then i prepared my things. ready to work.

i locked my apartment and i took a deep sigh then i started to walk.

after walking, i arrived at the cafe. it was 6:30 in the morning.

i was standing behind the cashier, looking at the time.

6:45....6:50....6:55....7:00am.

she should be here, at this time.

the time kept continuing, no signs of Ryujin. i felt disappointed.

7:30am

i saw two girls entered the cafe, and one of them is...Ryujin! but, who's the girl?

they're walking towards Ryujin was mostly sitting. i was observing them both, they looked very serious. and i noticed Ryujin got so thinner than before, what happened?

i saw Ryujin nodded and she stood up then slowly went towards me.

"a toast bread and two coffee, and one pancake." she said in a serious tone.

"can i ask you something?" i said,

"what is it?" she stared at me.

i took a deep breath then i looked straight into her eyes.

"who's the girl?" i asked her,

"that's none of your business."