1

YEJI

i was rushing on my way to work. i was late, very late. i'm a simple cashier at a simple cafe. it's not really a famous cafe, but it's not that hidden aswell.

"and you're late as always." says my boss who had this frustrated expression again.

"i'm sorry i overslept." i explained to my boss who was raging mad. i mean i can't stop staying up late and read stories on my phone, it's like an addiction. a habit i guess?

"you always make that an excuse, can't you come up with something better? you're 20 minutes late. gosh!" he sighed. i felt the frustration on his voice as i laughed awkwardly.

"i promise i'll try to not oversleep. just-" he cut me off and shook his head. i knew i was in trouble again, but i really can't help staying up late.

"if you keep doing this, i'll fire you. no hesitation." he said as he goes to his office leaving me standing there.

i should stop doing this. staying up on my phone, i really should start to focus on my work. but i can't believe he scolded me infront of the cashier, good thing there's no customers. i thought,

i mean i know i'm wrong but i only get like $100 every month so..

-

it was 6:30pm after i finished work. i was walking home when someone grabbed my hand and pulled me into an alleyway?

"what the fuck-" i exclaimed. i was trying to get out of his grasp, he was strong but i noticed he's shorter than me?

"just, stay still. it won't take long." she sounded like a...girl? she grabbed both of my arms and put it behind me, she puts her other hand on my waist and the other one on my arms that were behind me, holding me in place.

"i don't wanna die yet, woman. please let me go-" she quickly put her lips towards mine. she kissed me.

her lips were soft, i didn't know what to do. but i didn't pulled away. i was in complete shock, but i realized what am i doing, after some few seconds i pushed her away.

i slapped her, "why did you do that? you just stole my first kiss. a girl stole my first kiss." i laughed trying not to get pissed.

"i'm sorry, i was trying to get away.. they were after me, i didn't know what to do. i don't know what to call them but they were after me, as if they wanted to punish me for something." she explained, sweat was dripping on her forehead to her neck. but, what? she's a criminal?

"don't kill me. i- i can give you everything like my bag, earrings, my shoes, please don't-" i begged her, putting both of my hands together. i heard her chuckled softly.

"idiot, i'm not a criminal. but keep this a secret, will you?" she asked me, i hesitated but i slowly nodded. then i realized, she sounds familiar aswell. she's wearing a black hoodie with knee-long shorts, white rubber shoes. i also noticed her hoodie was covering her face but i could see her forehead a bit.

i was observing what she was doing, she's now getting something from her pocket. a mask, a black mask. then she covered her face with it. who even is she in the first place?

"i'm an idol, i don't know if you'll believe me but i'm Shin Ryujin." i gasped. i couldn't believe it, there's no way it's her. out of all the people, why her? slowly, anger filled up my body.

i couldn't express what am i feeling right now. i feel angry, sad, and frustrated at the same time.

"out of all the people, huh." i said as i laughed in disbelief, trying to hold my tears while trying to make a conversation with her.

"Yeji?" she exclaimed. "i'm sorry i didn't know it was you-"

"save it, i don't want to see you again." and just like that, i walked away from her. feeling guilty yet relieved.

-

6:00am

i woke up earlier than usual. i'm surprised i'm not late for work, strange but okay.

"6 in the morning? it's so early.." i didn't want to get fired so i quickly got up and took a quick bath.

after that i prepared my clothes and my minibag then i stared at the clock once again,

6:30? this isn't me. is it?

i chuckled, feeling proud of myself for going to work 30 mins earlier than usual. i couldn't help but smile, duh.

on my way there, it was weird. i felt someone was following me. i turned around and no one was there.

i shivered as i slowly walked faster.

what the hell? i thought.

-

i arrived at the cafe where i work after a few minutes.

"i'm genuinely surprised that you aren't late, Yeji." my boss looked at me proudly.

"i told you, i never break my promises."
unlike her.

while i was working, someone came inside the shop. she was beautiful, i couldn't stop staring at her. her blonde shoulder-length hair, her eyes, her body.. then i realized who she was when she took off her mask. and as always, she wore a black hoodie and knee-long shorts with white rubber shoes.

"Yeji, i think you already know who she is already. she talked to me yesterday asking if she could have her breakfast here every morning, of course i said yes. but as you know she's a famous soloist so she's the only customer we'll be having every morning. she pays extra cash, starting now." my boss said happily as my jaw dropped but i quickly changed my expression.

fuck. i sighed.

"hi Yeji, it was nice seeing you again." Ryujin said as she smirked at me, slowly waving her hand while i stared at her in shock.

fuck you Shin!