10

YEJI

i tried to ignore her by walking past her. but it didn't work, she grabbed my arm and turned me around to face her. i slapped her in response.

"what do you want from me?! can't you understand that i don't want to talk to you?!" i looked at her, tears were forming down on my eyes. the betrayal that she did was enough for me, i can't bare to face her knowing that she did all of that.

"can't you let me explain just for once Yeji?! please, you need to kno-"

"fuck. off. get out of my life!" i pushed her aside and ran away. i didn't want to see and talk to anyone at that moment. it felt like a burden that i couldn't let go.

after hours of running and running, i noticed that i didn't know where i was. i got too distracted on running away from Lia that i got lost. i saw a park and a bench and i decided to sit down, my icecream already melted because of running around. shit. i feel so tired.

"Yeji-unnie?" i heard a voice was calling me, i looked up to see it was Chaeryeong.

"Chaeryeong?" i stood up in shock, i didn't know what to say. it's been a long time since we've saw each other, and she's Ryujin's sister.

i gave her a nervous smile and was about to walk away but she held my arm softly.

her arm feels so soft..

"don't go, let's have chocolate icecream and snacks?" she gave me a soft smile and i felt a bit happy.

Chaeryeong and i were so close back then but, ever since that happened. we never saw each other again.

i nodded in response and we started to walk.

we arrived at a grocery store and we brought snacks and icecream. after that, we went to a small park.

9:30pm

we sat down on the bench. there was an awkward silence, i didn't know what to say to her. it's been so long, words wouldn't come out from my mouth. but i missed her aswell.

"i'm sorry for what happened between you and my sister, Yeji." she turned to me and i turned to her aswell.

"i hope you give her a chance to explain, i know you can't face her right now but.. maybe someday? take your time. whenever you're ready." she gave me a soft smile then began to eat the icecream and snacks that she bought, i did aswell.

"do you know.. the reason why?" i slowly asked her.

she looked hesitant, but she shook her head.

"i'm sorry. after what happened, she acted really cold towards us. drinking alcohol, she always comes home drunk. she didn't want to speak with anyone, as if we never existed. she became alcoholic.. after she got accepted in JYPE, she avoided to come home to us or even celebrate holidays with us, it's been a long time since me and Ryujin saw each other. i miss her, Yeji-unnie.." i saw tears forming into her eyes.

i got close to her and hugged her.

"it's okay, Chaeryeong. it'll pass." i gave her a tight hug and i patted her shoulder. she gave me a soft smile.

"i really hope she comes back home soon.." she sighed.

"she will. i promise!" i gave her a reassuring smile and i hugged her again.

she told me a lot of stories on how her life's been going, she said she's working as a secretary at a company. she's successful aswell, her parents are probably so proud of her.

i just smiled at her, i'm also proud of her.

"how about you? how are you?" she asked me with a soft tone.

"well, i plan on having my own cafe shop. but right now, i'm just a worker at a cafe shop. my boss is so kind to me and gave me a promotion earlier!" i told her happily, she seemed really proud of me.

"that's good Yeji-unnie! i'm so proud of you!" she gave me a quick hug then pulled away.

"how did you end up here tho? it's far from your apartment?" she asked me worriedly.

"it was 6:30pm? i was about to go home but i wanted to buy chocolate icecream. then after i bought one, Lia stood up infront of me." i smiled at Chaeryeong weakly, her expression turned serious.

"after what she did? she had the guts to come up to you like that? what a bitch." she rolled her eyes.

i giggled at her, she looks so cute.

"then she said if she could explain what happened, i told her it's enough already then i pushed her away.. i ended up running while crying for hours. after that, i got lost. i didn't know where i was but, thankfully you found me." i said to her, trying to not cry infront of her.

"it's good that i've found you, Yeji-unnie. i was just planning to get some fresh air since, i just finished my work. i never expected that i would bump into you like that." she giggled.

"same as me, i never expected that i would see you here. i'm sorry you saw me like this, i look like i just woke up." i laughed softly.

i admit, i'm kinda embarrassed that she saw me like this. she looks so pretty right now and i'm just wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants, my hair on a high ponytail with round glasses and sneakers. while her, she's wearing a long sleeves-white polo with a skirt. she's also wearing black stockings, and black 2-inch heels. her hair is dark red and it's a bit wavy. she looks so pretty..

"it's okay, silly! you still look beautiful even if you just woke up, i mean.. you're already beautiful Yeji-unnie!" she said to me and we both laughed.

it was getting late so she offered to let me stay at their place tonight and tomorrow morning, she would accompany me at the cafe that i was working. but, she would see Ryujin there..shit.

we arrived at their place and she already texted her parents that i would be sleeping at their house tonight.

"my parents are already asleep so, be careful." she warned me and i just nodded.

when we entered the house, i froze on the spot. i couldn't believe my damn eyes.

"Ryujin? why are you here??" Chaeryeong and i stood there, shocked.

"i was about to surprise you and our parents.." she looked at Chaeryeong then her eyes shifted to me.

"Yeji-unnie, i'm sorry i didn't know that she would come home..." Chaeryeong scratched the back of her head nervously. i couldn't blame her.

"it's okay, she'll sleep on my bedroom. i'll sleep on the couch." Ryujin assured Chaeryeong and she shook her head.

"eomma and appa can't see you here, you should sleep with Yeji-unnie. or just- sleep on the floor." they discussed while i was just standing there, still shocked. i didn't know what to say.

after their discussion, they decided that me and Ryujin are going to share the same room. me on the bed and Ryujin will be sleeping on the floor.

11:00pm

i was in bed, facing the wall. i couldn't sleep knowing the fact that Ryujin is there. i felt a bit uncomfortable.

i was about to close my eyes then i heard..

"Yeddeong, i missed you so much.. if only i could tell you how much i miss you, i still love you."