5

YEJI

we we're sitting on the grass. after some hours, the sun sets. i'm admiring the sun slowly setting. it was a beautiful scenery. but i felt eyes were watching me.

"honestly, you look pretty" Ryujin chuckled softly. it made my stomach feel like spinning. what is this feeling?

"stop being a flirt." i scoffed at her and she giggled.

"so what made you go to this college, Yeddeong?" she asked me, i turned to her slowly. confused.

"Ye-ddeong?" i gave her a confused look.

"yeah, it sounds cute. i'll call you that from now on." she laughed softly.

"well i thought of going to a good college to help my mom raise my sister, and to raise myself alone of course. and by going to a good college, you'll have a stable job. right?" i said.

"it's not based on that though. going to a good college doesn't mean you'll have a stable job." well, she's right.

"if you graduated college and have good knowledge THEN you can possibly get a stable job." she giggled.

"of course i know that, just- nevermind." i sighed in defeat, i sounded stupid there.

"how about you though? what made you go to this college?" i asked her but, i noticed her happy expression turned opposite. she looks disappointed.

"oh i'm sorry, it's okay if you don't wanna te-"

"i ran away." she cuts me off by saying that.

"you ran..away?" i was shocked. she ran away? i shouldn't have asked that question.

"i'm an only child and my parents were always expecting me to do this, to do that, they have like- big expectations on me and it's not my fault i can't reach neither of it." she looked away from me, looking at the sunset.

"everytime i fail a class, they would do things i wish i didn't experienced. they're insanely crazy." she added.

"it went on for a lot of years, i was used to it. but one day i just can't bare it anymore, i ran away. i took all of my savings and enrolled here. it was a good thing that i thought of working part-time as a cashier to earn enough money to get away from that hellhole i was living in." she chuckled.

"then i met Chaeryeong, she's the best." she smiled.

so, she's taken already? damn.

i looked away from her, i felt something again. jealousy? why am i feeling like this? we just met.

i felt her head slowly turning to me.

"she's my bestfriend." she giggled.

"she lets me stay on her house and her parents were treating me as their own. and they decided to adopt me since they knew what's happening between me and my parents, of course my parents agreed. they said 'we don't want a daughter who always give us disappointments.' and i was happy to be living in with them, Chaeryeong's family, i decided that i didn't want to change my surname, since i like 'Shin' more even though- yeah, you get what i mean." she chuckled softly.

"so basically Chaeryeong is my sister. not by blood but in my heart, she will always be a sister to me." she smiled widely. i noticed cute whisker dimples on her cheek. she looks cute.

"i'll show my parents that i'm not a disappointment as they thought i would be. they make me sick just by mentioning them." she sighed and looked up at the sky. it was getting pretty late, there was no sunsets anymore. but stars.

"i'm sorry i shouldn't have asked.." i looked down.

"it's not your fault, it was my choice whether if i should tell you or not." she gave me a reassuring smile.

after some time of silence, i turned to her and saw her looking at me. i noticed she slowly looked at my lips then to my eyes, what is she thinking?

"are you single?" she asked me with a soft smile. my heart was pounding so fast, i thought i'd get a boyfriend but i didn't expect it to be the opposite. but i don't hate it, i love it actually.

"yes, and how about you?" i asked back at her.

"of course." she smirked at me.

"do you wanna get some icecream? you know, eat?" i giggled and i saw her cute whisker dimples again. it looks so cute.

"sure, Yeddeong." she smiled at me and she slowly stood up from the grass. she offered her hand to me signaling me to take it. i smiled at her as i held her hand, it felt so soft. and there it is again, butterfies in my stomach. that's what they call it.

she pulled me up from the grass, i admit she's kinda small but it's okay. it looks cute.

we slowly walked away from the place and we are on our way to the small store we found.

i checked my phone to see it was 7pm.

shit, how about my dorm? they'd found out i skipped first day in class.

i started to get anxious and nervous. and Ryujin, who was walking beside me, noticed it.

"what's wrong?" she asked me, i can tell she was worried.

"i'm just nervous because it's late and the guards on our college would know we skipped class. how will i get to my dorm?" i asked nervously and i heard her giggle. what? is she not scared?

"don't worry i have an apartment. we can stay there for the night then, just tell the professor you received an emergency call and you needed to be excused. he'll understand it." she reassured me.

"okay so like, my bad but, our professor is kind. it's just sometimes he can be a bit annoying and earlier i kindaaa did something that he didn't like.." she gave me a nervous smile.

we stopped walking.

"what did you do?" i asked her, suprisingly. what did she do?

"i kinda threw a book at him and he became nuts so like, i ran outside the class." she smirked.

"you're so naughty, Ryujin." i slapped her shoulder softly.

"oh yeah, i am." she smirked at me and winked at me.

she's such a flirt.