Part 2

I made my way back towards the counter, everything had been cleared away and I had just finished putting the left-over cakes onto a tray to take home with me as they needed to be eaten today. As I sat scrolling on my phone, the muffled sound of the girls chatting and laughing with one another filled the background. Completely loosing track of time. The sign on the door now read closed and so no more customers will be arriving today, I was just waiting for the girls to finish up.

I looked at the time on my phone and noticed it was now 5.30pm – I had already stayed an hour past our original closing time. Despite my body being exhausted, physically, and emotionally after the opening day, I couldn't bring myself to tell the group of girls to leave. As I looked over at the table, I was met by the sparkling blue eyes of the tall blonde girl who approached the counter earlier, the eye contact was held for what felt like a lifetime until she shifted uncomfortably in her seat and took out her phone.

I diverted my eyes to the tray of left over goodies and decided I didn't need all of these for myself, instead I made my way over to the girls.

"Hey, I have these left over which need to be eaten today. Would you like to have them, or I can put them in a box for you to take them? Saves them going to waste?" I offered.

All girl's attention was now on me as they glanced between me and the tray which I was currently holding in my hands, lowering the tray slightly to give them a better look at what was on offer.

The Irish brunette instantly jumped from her seat "Are you sure!? I mean it would be rude not too?" Her mouth was now dropped slightly as she eyed up the cupcakes and brownies.

"Yeah sure, I think I got a bit too carried away for the opening today and have far too many left, so help yourselves." Just as I was about to leave, I heard a thick Australian accent.

"Oh my god! It's you're opening today!? Congratulations!"

As I returned to face the table, I noticed it was another brunette girl who was speaking this time.

"Thank you! It's been amazing" My cheeks were beginning to hurt with the amount I was smiling.

"What's your name?" the Australian asked.

"I'm Melissa, Melissa Munroe, but my friends and family just call me Mel. What are your names?" I question, now enjoying the interaction between us.

"I'm Steph, this is Beth, Katie, Viv and Leah" She pointed to the blonde as she finished introducing them all.

Leah's Pov

After training, some of the girls had decided to head into the centre to take our minds off football and to give us a chance to spend time with one another away from football. We had decided to meet between 4 and 4.30pm but when I got home from training, I decided to take a nap, which was the smartest of ideas as I had overslept was now running late.

Just as I had finished getting ready and was about to get into my car, I received a text from Beth telling me they had found a new bakery and for me to meet them there, after sharing her location with me I headed to the bakery to meet up with the rest of the girls.

As I entered the bakery, I was taken aback by how nice the interior was decorated, it was elegantly lit by the natural sunlight and not a piece of furniture was out of place. It was as though nobody had been in here all day. Which would be perfect, as it meant we would get some time on our own without the distraction of fans wanting photographs with us.

I love interacting with the fans, but sometimes we just need some time to feel like normal humans.

Just as I was about to take a seat at the empty table, Steph advised they had already ordered and so I headed over to the counter.