Stop it

Lola's POV

"Guys!!!" Eliza said excited as she walked in. We all looked at her and waited for her to say something. "I'm going to Omaha with Nate for a week!!"

"Why do I feel like we already knew this?" Stella said looking blankly at the wall.

"Because she's been talking about meeting his family for the past two days." Summer said fanning herself.

"But it's officially going to happen." She said clapping in excitement.

"I'm glad you guys are taking such a big step into the relationship." I said giving her a smile.

I'm trying to be myself again. Ever since the whole hospital thing, I've been completely out of it. I feel useless.

"Thank you Lola....." she said giving me a weak smile. ".....so do you...." here comes the question they seem to ask me everyday now. "do you think you and Sam will talk about what happened?"

Just hearing his name breaks my heart. "Sam and I aren't meant to be. Things happen for a reason."

"So you think everything that happened was because you guys don't belong together?" Summer asked.

"I think it happened so you two grow a stronger relationship Lola...." Eliza said.

"It's just hard...... He deserves someone better and-----"

Before I could finish Stella cut me off. "Lola stop. Seriously, stop it. If Sam and you love each other and there's no obstacles, don't walk away from that. Yes the thing that brought you two back together was the baby and only because you know there was a bump in the road there is no need for you to push him away." she snapped at me. "This is hard for him too...."

"Stella is right. Go after him. Tell him you love him. Explain to him why you were being so bitchy- no offense-." Summer said.

Eliza got me up on my feet and rushed me out the door. She gave me the car keys. "Go get him back." she smiled as she closed the door.

Without thinking it over I got in the car and started driving to Sammy's place.

God help me.

--------------

When I got there I turned off the car and sat there nervously. There was a couple of times when I wanted to just turn around and go back home but I figured my friends were telling me to do the right thing.

I made my way to the door and after three knocks the door opened. There he was standing in front of me, surprised to see me there.

"Sam, I'm sorry for pushing you away when all we needed was to be by each other and-----" I stopped talking when someone came walking behind Sammy into the scene.

Sam looked behind him and back at me. "No, no no no. Lola it's not what you think." He quickly said. He was with that 'family friend' Melissa. Of course. What was she doing wearing his hoodie?

I turned around and speed walked to my car. Sammy was after me. He grabbed me by the arm and turned me around to look at him. "I don't want to hear it Sam. I really dont...." I whispered as tears ran down my face.

"Is something wrong?" The bitch from hell asked.

"Melissa can you leave us alone? Please I have to talk to her." Sam asked her.

"Don't. I'm leaving, go ahead and continue whatever it was you two were doing." I said pulling my arm from him and running to the car. So typical of him.

I locked the doors and Sammy was tapping on the window so I could put it down. I shock my head and stepped on the gas pedal. I could see him from my mirror holding his head in frustration. But then of course, Melissa went over to him to take him back inside.

---------

"How did it go?" Eliza said opening the door for me.

"I appreciate you guys wanting to see Sam and I together but please don't push the subject anymore. We're done for good now. Things with him were just not meant to be."

"What happened Lola?" Summer asked.

They kept asking me over and over again. I knew they didn't plan to stop until I tell them what happened. "He moved on. He's already with someone else. Sam never loved me it was all bullshit. He wasn't with me because he loved me he was with me because of the baby....." I said crying of anger.

They all stayed quiet. This is why I didn't want to say anything.

"Don't say that." Eliza said calmly. "We know he really does love you Lola."

"No he doesn't Eliza. I'm sorry but only because you have Nate that gives you his all now, doesn't mean his friends are like that too." I said. "Coming to LA was the worst decision I have ever made...." I said walking away to my room. "I don't want to be here anymore.."

I sat on my bed and blankly looked at the wall. We have just been here a couple of months and all of this has managed to happen. It's time to take control of my life again. Stop thinking about some crazy dream of living in LA.

The only thing left to do is pack my bags and to go back home.

Three minutes later, I had my bags out and started packing everything away. I bought a one way ticket back home and I was ready to tell them I was leaving.

"Where are you going?" They all asked when I walked out of my room.

"It was a mistake to come here. I'm going back home." I said quietly. "I need to go away. Stella I have a ticket on hold for you just in case you want to leave with me."

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm going back to a place I never felt welcomed in other than with my friends. Going back without them is going to be hard but I can't stay any longer. Sammy is a chapter in my life that I have to let go.

I have to put him in my past just how he is too.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lola leaving actually makes me really sad 😭 lol