Not now

Stella's POV

I was on my way back to LA. I don't care if I see Jack again, I care about how one of my best friends is doing. Lola must be broken into millions of pieces.

-------

When I landed, I went with my luggage to the hospital. People were giving me weird looks but I can care less.

I spotted Summer, Eliza, Nate and Sammy sitting in the waiting area.

"Guys!" I said getting most of their attention. I looked at Sam who continued in his own little world. "Im so sorry this had to happen..." I said trying to get him to look up. He didn't say anything.

"He's not talking to anyone anymore." Nate said.

Summer and Eliza pulled me to the side. "Lola doesn't want to talk to him." they said.

"Where is she?" I asked and they gave me the room number.

As I walked in, I saw Lola looking blankly at the wall. I've never seen her like this before. I'm so used to seeing her laugh and smile at any silly thing.

"Lola,"

She quickly looked up. Her eyes became watery again as she saw me come closer. "You came back." she cried.

"Of course I came back," I said hugging her. "you need me here."

We stayed there silently until a nurse walked in and told us Lola was getting released today.

---------

I rolled Lola out of the room in a wheelchair. As I walked us to the waiting room, I heard a familiar voice. Jack.

"Go through the elevator. I don't want to see Sammy either." Lola said when she noticed I stopped.

I'd love to turn around and do that but we couldn't. "No, we're going to have to either way."

We got closer, Jack and Jack were talking to Sammy. "Let's go." Lola said more to the girls.

That caught the attention of the jacks and Sammy. I didn't look at Jack but I can feel his eyes on me. It was like a laser burning.

We all exited the hospital together. "Lola who are you going back home with?" I asked as we approach everyone's car.

"I'll take her." Sam said.

"No, I'll go with the girls." Lola said. Sam was about to say something but Lola cut him off. "Please Sam...."

"At least let me help you into the car." He said about to lift her off the chair.

"You don't have to do that...." She said. He still did it.

He put her in and sense I was going in the back too I saw how Sammy was going to give her a kiss and she moved so he kissed her on the side. Why is she being so cold with Sammy?

--------

We were home and Lola asked to be in her room alone. Sam had already left because it was clear she didn't want to talk to him.

"Stella," it was Jack.

"Don't make this about you right now Jack." I said walking up to my room to unpack. He was following close behind.

"I broke up with Leigh. That's why I went to Omaha." he blurted out. I turned to look at him. He was literally standing behind me. Our faces were centimeters away.

The feeling of kissing him once again gave me the chills. "We can be together now..." he whispered, I could feel his breath against my lips.

Snap out of it. "I'm happy for you." I said creating distance between us.

"What does that mean?"

"That I'm glad you aren't hurting anyone anymore."

He pulled me closer to him by the waist. "Stella we can be something real now. Don't you understand?"

"Understand?" Really Jack. "Don't you understand that I'm hurt. That I'm done----"

"Don't say it Stella." He said cutting me off.

I let out a sigh. "I'm here for Lola, not to fix things with you. Please leave my room."

"You can't just leave me like this Stella."

"Leave you how?" I asked annoyed.

"You can't leave me hurt like this."

Oh that's it. "and how did you leave me? If I remember right, you had a bitch as girlfriend you never told me about."

"Don't call her a bitch. You don't even know her." He defended her.

I laughed at him mockingly. "And you still have the nerve to defend her in front of me?"

"Guys shut up! Lola is resting, she doesn't need to be hearing you two fighting." Summer said coming into my room.

"I told you... but you and your good looking eyebrows wouldn't leave.." I mumbled that last part to myself.

"Jack I think it's best for you to leave now." Summer told him.

"We aren't done talking." He said looking at me.

-----------

Jack left and it was time for dinner. Summer and I both went downstairs. "Can we just order some pizza?" I asked. I wasn't about to start cooking.

We turned around when we heard a door open. It was Lola.

"What are you doing up?" Summer questioned her.

"It's okay..... I can walk a little Summer." she said giving us a weak smile.

I was going to ask how she's feeling but I already knew the answer to that. There was also something else I wanted to ask but I knew Lola would say she doesn't want to talk about it.

"Did you know Sams mom and sister Emily came too?" Summer asked her.

"No." She said looking confused.

"Are you going to meet them?" I asked taking out the ice cream.

"Guys, Sam and I are over..." She said sadly.

"What do you mean over?" Summer asked.

"You two love each other." I said.

"I've decided to not hold him back anymore."

"Hold him back from what?" Said summer.

She's probably going to hate me for what I'll say right now but I have to say it. "Lola I'm sorry about what I'm about to say but, only because the baby is gone doesn't mean you two can't be together."

"The only reason we got together was because of the baby." her voice cracked.

"Oh my god Lola!" Summer said throwing her hands up. "Don't be so stupid. Yes your hurt but he's hurt too. You two need each other to get over this. Don't be so god damn clueless. He fucking loves you."

Well damn... Go Summer.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••