Just Friends

Eliza's POV

"Sammy, did Lola get the dishwasher running?" Summer asked him as he walked into the living room.

"Almost.." he smirked. All though he smirked, there was something about his body language that seemed off. Nate seemed to notice too because I saw him examine him closely.

"Did you tell her?" Nate asked.

"Tell her what?" Both summer and I asked. We chuckled.

"Yeah, well kinda. Actually no..." He said kicking his feet up on Summers legs.

"What did you have to tell her?" Summer asked him, as she pushed his feet off of her.

"Hey let's go to the beach. Us four, yeah?" Sammy said ignoring Summer.

------

Both Summer and I were both dragged against our own will. We were trying to get them to tell us whatever they were hiding.

"Come on E don't be mad at me." Nate said hugging me from behind as I was trying to take my shorts off to get in the water.

I pushed him away. "I'm trying to go in the water." I said walking backwards towards it. Next thing I know, someone bumped into me. More like I bumped into them. "I'm so sorry." I turned around to face them.

"Someone as beautiful as you can never be bad to bump into." he smirked, I blushed.

"Oh ah thanks." I said in between a chuckle.

"But I'm afraid you'll have to make it up someway." he said.

"And how is that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Would you like to go for a walk around the beach with me?"

"I don't know you though...." I didn't know Nate either, yet he went to my house. "But sure, why not." I smiled at him. "Just let me grab my shorts and sandals."

"Alright." I heard him say as I walked back to where the rest were.

I quickly put my shorts on. "Guys I'll be back." I said getting their attention.

"I'll go with." Nate said standing up.

"No." I quickly said. "You cant."

"Why?" Nate said grabbing my hand. I pulled it away from him.

"I'm going for a walk.... with a guy I just met."

He gave me a serious look. "You came here with me."

"..And I'll leave here with you. I'm just going for a walk Nate." I chuckled a little at his reaction.

"Why are you going with a stranger? What about me?"

I giggled. "If this is you acting, let me just tell you that it's cute..but, if you aren't, I'll have to remind you we're just friends."

"Yeah, friends." he said walking back to were Sammy and Summer were just looking at us.

Its almost as if Nate was mad, but why would he get mad? This is what we agreed to. Plus it's not like I'm going to date this guy. At least I think so.

As I got closer to where the other guy was, I forced a smile on my face. "So name?" I asked.

"Ben, and yours is?" He chuckled.

"Eliza."

-------------

For the past hour we spent walking, I grew comfortable around Ben. He's a funny guy and other then that, he's the complete opposite of Nate.

"Well that was fun." I said as we stopped.

"Yeah, best walk I've had in a long time." he chuckled. "Do you think it's possible if maybe I can take you out to dinner later this week or something?"

"I'd love that." I smiled and looked down to cover my blushing cheeks.

"Here," he said taking out his phone. "Save your number on here."

I did as he told and then hugged him goodbye before walking away and going back to the others.

"I'm back." I said.

"Do you want a cookie?" Summer said. I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Where's Nate?" I asked once I noticed he wasn't there.

Sammy chuckled. Okay? What's that supposed to mean?

"He left." Summer said.

"Why? When?"

"A couple minutes ago...." Sammy said checking his phone.

"Well why did he leave?"

"He had things to do." Sammy said as he put on his shirt. "You ladies ready to leave?"

"Hey Sam, you want to give me a piggyback ride to the car?" Summer asked him. Sammy smirked at her as if saying yes and she jumped right on his back. Since when did these two become so close?

---------------

We got home to Lola and Zach making out on the couch. Summer rolled her eyes and walked up to her room without saying anything. I was about to say something but I heard Zach said "Room."

Oh god. I stayed by the door as I saw Zach lift her up by the ass while still kissing her. You would think that at this point they would have noticed me but they didn't. It was funny to see Lola getting her freak on but yet disturbing.

As Zach walked he bumped into the wall and Lola smacked him on the head. I chuckled. Lola pulled away and looked my way. She quickly got on her own two feet and pushed Zach away from her.

"Eliza, I um didn't know you were here."

"Fuck." Zach cursed to himself.

"I got here like 3 minutes ago." I chuckled. "You may continue, I'll be in my room." I said walking towards the stairs.

"No.... um Zach I think we can call it a day, yeah?" Lola asked looking at him.

He gave her a look of disappointment but then nodded in agreement. Zach waved awkwardly bye to me as he went out the door.

"Sorry about that." she said.

"Already taking the big step with Zach?" I asked her.

"What? No... well I don't know."

"You don't know?"

She let out a big sigh. "Well it's just that... today I told Zach about how far I went with Sammy. Soo....."

"So now you feel like you have to give it to him." I finished her sentence.

"Yeah...... And he kinda wants to take that step too...."

"Don't feel pressured to do that Lola. Geez-----" I was cut off by the doorbell.

I walked over to it and opened it to a high Nate. He looked so gone. So hot.

"We should really talk." he said walking in. "Wassup Lola! Eliza and I need to have a word." Nate informed Lola as he pulled me along with him to my room.

"Alright." Lola smiled.

At least now I know why he left the beach. Once we walked in my room, he laid on my bed and pulled me on top. I fixed myself leaving my head on his chest and my arm resting on him as well.

"E. Eliza. My Eliza." he kept repeating over and over. I lifted my head to see him. His eyes were closed after a while and his mouth slowly started closing. Yeah this conversation got very far.

I tried to get up but Nate wouldn't let me. His legs were tangled with mine and he held me down by the waist. "stay with me." he mumbled.

"Okay." I said. Might as well start getting comfortable because it looks like I'll be like this all night.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry for taking so long to update 😭

That little last part with Nate & Eliza is my favorite part of the chapter (/.\)