Chapter 44

The good news can be described as one pile after another. There was also a good news from General Xu. Mei Ye accidentally fell off the cliff during the battle, and when he was found, he was already a dead body. Due to the relatively close location, General Xu took people back to Beijing first.

The family members of the Mei family in Lin'an City were demoted to common people by Zhao Lingyun's decree, they were exiled to the frontier, and they were never allowed to return to Beijing.

As the end of the new year approaches, Qin Yan is also preparing to return to the imperial court as a teacher.

Wen Yu stood at the gate of the courtyard, looking at Qin Yan, who was busy writing notes in the room, with a dazed expression. The cotton-like snow fell on the shoulders and hair tips, and melted into water to wet the black hair, but he didn't notice it at all.

Qin Yan turned his head to the side, saw Wen Yu, waved to him, and said, "Come here."

Only then did Wen Yu recover, and walked in.

"Today is the eighteenth day of the twelfth lunar month. It will be your birthday in a few days. Let's celebrate when we return to Beijing." Qin Yan smiled.

Wen Yu's birthday is on the second day of the first lunar month, within a few days, it happens to be the year of the weak crown.

Wen Yu's lips parted slightly, "Okay."

Two days later, the army left Ningchuan County, heading towards the capital in a hurry.

People along the way raised their flags to see them off one after another, cheering and shouting in their mouths. Contrary to the scene of seeing off each other in Yunzhou City back then, this is Qin Yan's greatest appreciation.

After several days, they finally arrived at the capital. Zhao Lingyun and his ministers waited at the gate of the city, holding a large bowl in their hands, and said respectfully to Qin Yan: "I am lucky to have this general! Welcome the general back in triumph!" Qin Yan got off his horse

, Facing Zhao Lingyun, he clasped his fists and said, "See Your Majesty."

Zhao Lingyun stretched out his hand to support Qin Yan, and said with a smile, "You don't have to be polite, let's go, follow me into the palace, let's have a good chat." After speaking, he pulled Qin Yan to sit on the seat Dragon chariot, heading towards the palace.

The civil and military officials stood behind, their jaws almost dropped in shock. What an honor it is for the courtiers to sit with the king? Thinking of this, he couldn't help casting envious glances at Qin Yan.

Wen Yu arrived later in a carriage and went straight back to the General's Mansion.

In the imperial study room, Zhao Lingyun praised Qin Yan fiercely, and said excitedly: "Qin Wuzheng, I really saw you right! What do you think I should reward you for?" "I don't need rewards." Qin

Yan He replied, and suddenly thought of something, "This time Shanglin Kingdom helped Zhao Lingfeng, and it was the first time in many years that he did so again. It can be regarded as officially breaking with me. Your Majesty still needs to strengthen the border guards." Zhao Lingyun nodded and said: "This

matter I already know that more people have been sent to the border, and we are just waiting for him to go to the forest to make a move."

Qin Yan looked at Zhao Lingyun carefully, and at this moment his face had lost the little childishness before, and his brows were calm. , the whole body is filled with the demeanor of a superior. In the past, I used to say "I", but now I say "Zhen". Zhao Lingyun is now an ambitious young king.

"Your Majesty." Qin Yan called out, then knelt down on both knees, put up the military talisman with both hands, and said, "Please agree to what I have mentioned earlier." Zhao Lingyun took a few steps back and stood still

. , looked at Qin Yan with displeasure, and said firmly, "I will not agree."

"I have made up my mind." Qin Yan knelt straight, without any wavering in his words.

Seeing this, Zhao Lingyun sighed helplessly, and said: "Give me some time to think about it, you take this soldier talisman first, how about giving it to me in a few days?" Zhao Lingyun had no choice but to use the strategy of delaying the attack first.

"Alright." Qin Yan replied.

"Okay, okay, get up, go back and rest first." Zhao Lingyun waved his hands repeatedly.

"Then I will take my leave first." Qin Yan cupped his hands and slowly exited the imperial study.

After Qin Yan left, Zhao Lingyun sat by the desk, dragged his chin with one hand, and patted the table with the other, sighing repeatedly, "Qin Wuzheng is really, what other people want and can't get, he just doesn't want it. "

The new chief eunuch, Mu Qi, came in holding hot tea, just in time to hear Zhao Lingyun's complaint, and couldn't help but continued cheerfully: "This shows the general's loyalty even more, His Majesty should be happy." "

Exactly In this way, I am helpless, a rare good general, but wants to resign at a young age, how can I be willing to let him go." Zhao Lingyun spread his hands.

While tidying up the scattered memorials on the table, Mu Qi replied: "Your Majesty, why don't you think of a way to let him stay?"

Zhao Lingyun clapped his hands and said, "Yes." Then he frowned, "But What's the reason for him to stay?"

Mu Qi coughed lightly, and said with emotion: "A big man doesn't have a girl who knows the cold and the hot around him, let alone a hero, it's really unreasonable." Zhao Lingyun had a flash of

inspiration , patted Mu Qi on the shoulder, and said with a smile: "I have an idea."

In the general's mansion, everyone gathered around several tables in the hall, drinking wine, punching fists, and it was very lively, just to welcome Qin Yan and Wen Yu.

Wen Yu was also given some wine, his cheeks were flushed, his eyes gradually blurred, he lay on Qin Yan's shoulder, and slowly rubbed his temple with one hand.

When the crowd's laughter approached midnight, the scene ended, and Qin Yan helped Wenyu back to Yuju. Pushing open the wooden door with difficulty, he gently placed Wenyu on the soft couch. Just as she was about to get up, Wen Yu suddenly stretched out her hand and hooked Qin Yan's neck, raised her head and whispered a few words in Qin Yan's ear.

Qin Yan's pupils dilated suddenly, with different expressions intertwined on his face, he broke away Wenyu's hand, and seeing Wenyu lay on the couch and fell into a deep sleep, he hurriedly pulled the brocade quilt to cover him, and then left as if the wind was blowing on his feet.

Today's New Year's Eve, Xu An woke up the boys who were still snoozing early in the morning, and cleaned the beams and floors in the house. Wen Yuyou woke up, looked at the familiar scene, and knew who sent him here without thinking.

After breakfast, Wen Yu walked out of the yard, looked at the boy who was standing on the bamboo ladder and was sweeping the cobwebs on the eaves with a feather duster, stretched his arms, but he couldn't reach them.

Wen Yu raised his head and said, "Come down."

The servant looked down at Wen Yu, climbed down immediately, and called out respectfully, "Young Master Yu."

Wen Yu nodded, stretched out his hand, and said, "Give it to me."

"This?" The boy raised the feather duster in his hand and asked uncertainly.

Wen Yu didn't say much, picked up the feather duster, supported the bamboo ladder, and slowly climbed up, sweeping away the cobwebs that were tangled on the eaves with ease.

Just when he was about to change direction, he heard the people below talking a lot.

"A very beautiful girl came to the mansion."

"I saw it too, I heard she is His Majesty's cousin." "

It is said that His Majesty asked her to come to our mansion to celebrate the New Year, to join in the fun." "

Isn't it? The general is a man after all. It will damage the reputation of the girl's family."

"Think about it with your pig's brain, the general is not married, and your Majesty let a girl live in, the purpose, don't I need to say more?" "..." Wen Yu

's

hand His movements froze, his eyes flickered, and he walked down the bamboo ladder.

When the boys saw Wen Yu, they shut their mouths in shock and shouted, "Young Master Yu."

Wen Yu threw the feather duster in his hand on the ground, with a slightly cold face, and walked towards the front hall.

Seeing Wen Yu's figure with sharp eyes, Liu Feng immediately raised his voice and shouted: "Young master is here!"

Qin Yan was startled, and hurriedly pushed away the people beside him, only to be caught by his sleeve and unsteady on his feet. The two fell straight down like this, and Qin Yan happened to fall on top of the woman.

"I didn't expect the general to be so reckless today. After all, it's the hero who is sad about the beauty." A mocking voice sounded in his ears.

Qin Yan got up quickly and said apologetically, "Miss Bai, I really offended you just now."

Bai Yinyin, uncle Zhao Lingyun's only daughter, was held in the palms of the whole family like stars. With a pretty face, she was dressed in a lotus root pink embroidered jacket and skirt. A pair of almond eyes glanced at Qin Yan from time to time, and there was unconcealable admiration in her eyes.

Bai Yinyin was helped up by her maidservant, she waved her hands repeatedly at Qin Yan, and said, "You don't need to do this, General, it's because Yinyin didn't stand firm, and accidentally grabbed the general's sleeve, it's Yinyin who offended you." Wen Yu

looked Watching the two talking happily, their eyes were as cold as ice, they turned and walked towards the front door.

"Wen Yu!" Qin Yan turned his head, but saw the corner of Wen Yu's clothes, "Liu Feng, hurry up and follow."

Qin Yan raised his foot and wanted to follow, but Bai Yinyin blocked his way. Qin Yan only felt the veins on his forehead throbbing, took a deep breath, and shouted to Xu An: "Uncle Xu, take her down and live wherever you want." After speaking, he immediately went after Wenyu.

On New Year's Eve the street was deserted, there were only a few shops selling couplets and red lanterns, but there was also a young man in ragged clothes who set up a calligraphy and painting booth. His long hair was full of marks from the dried mud, and the shoes on his feet showed four toes. They were sloppy, and they kept staring at the ground without yelling.

Wen Yu stepped forward, picked up a scroll of white cranes perched on pine trees, and admired them carefully. The green pine stands on the rock, vigorous and powerful, surrounded by dense clouds. On the top of the pine tree, a white crane stood on one foot, one foot was raised, and its beak was pecking at something on that foot.

Wen Yu frowned slightly, he would never forget this style of painting. Looking sideways at the young man, he said in a low voice: "Mei Wangyu."

The man immediately raised his head, his face was black and white, and there were mud stains on his face, he looked at Wen Yu in surprise, and asked dryly: "Why? Is that you?"

Wen Yu squatted down, eyes were on the same level as Mei Wangyu, and said, "How did you become what you are now? Where is Mrs. Xie?"

Mei Wangyu looked at Wen Yu's clothes. A year ago, he, He also laughed at the soil he was wearing, but now he doesn't even have a decent dress.

"She's gone." Mei Wangyu looked back, and said sadly.

Wen Yu was silent for a while, touching the jade bracelet on his wrist through the fabric, feeling heavy.

"Do you live like this?" Wen Yu asked.

Mei Wangyu laughed mockingly: "Otherwise? Now that my grandfather is dead and my cousin is dead, I'm just a relic of a criminal minister. Is it possible that I can still live a life of luxury like you?" "I can let

you No worries about food and clothing." Wen Yu said seriously.

Mei Wangyu was stunned for a moment, and replied: "No need, I'm used to it."

Wen Yu got up, flipped through the calligraphy and paintings casually, and then left.

Near noon, Mei Wangyu prepared to take out the dry food in the bamboo basket to satisfy his hunger. After eating, he cleaned up the calligraphy and paintings that were blown by the wind. Suddenly, I saw a water-green brocade pouch, picked it up, and found some broken silver in it. Mei Wangyu lowered his eyes, mist appeared in his eyes.