Chapter 13 Spring Hunting

At the same time, Zhao Qianzheng led all the princes and officials above the third rank and their families to Zhongnan Mountain for spring hunting.

In recent years, Zhao Qian's health has been deteriorating, and he needs to rely on medicine to maintain it every day. Fortunately, he survived the winter, and the warm weather in spring also made him feel more comfortable.

Concubine Mei Gui came out of the tent with Zhao Gan, and slowly stepped up the steps, looked at the people below, coughed a few times, and said: "This spring hunting, the one who wins the first prize will be rewarded a lot!" The crowd said

: "I will definitely live up to your Majesty's expectations."

The youths in the audience looked swearing, and they fell in Qin Yan's eyes, with a slightly lonely expression on their faces. He looked down at the scar on his palm, and a mocking smile was raised on his mouth .

When the drums sounded, everyone got on their horses, with bows on their shoulders, and drove their horses vigorously into the woods.

Qin Yan stood silently on one side, and had no intention of going.

At the right time, Zhao Lingfeng came over leading the horse and asked, "Aren't the Marquis of Anping going?" Qin

Yan shook his head, "No."

Lu is a gift to Lord Hou. This king is really envious." Zhao Lingfeng said with emotion.

"My lord was joking." Qin Yan said lightly.

The conversation between the two caught Zhao Gan's attention, and he couldn't help asking, "Feng'er, why haven't you and Marquis Anping set off yet?"

Qin Yan opened his mouth, and was about to speak, but was cut off by Zhao Lingfeng, "Go back to Emperor Father, I'm leaving now, son."

Helpless, Qin Yan finally rode a horse and followed Zhao Lingfeng into the woods.

There were many wild rabbits running along the way, but Zhao Lingfeng didn't make any movements, he didn't even lift his bow, he just drove the horse slowly, chatting with Qin Yan.

Not long after, the sound of fighting came from the tent, followed by a few shouts.

Qin Yan frowned, immediately turned his horse's head, and headed towards the tent.

"Marquis Anping, wait for me." Zhao Lingfeng called out, the pride in his eyes flashed away.

I saw Zhao Gan clutching his chest and lying in Concubine Mei Gui's arms, bright red blood was bubbling out through his fingers, his face gradually turned pale, and finally passed out.

All of a sudden, the crowd was out of control. Seeing this, Zhao Lingfeng ordered in time: "Come here! Send Your Majesty to the camp, and send the imperial physician here quickly. Chen Ming, seal the mountain immediately, and lead the Imperial Forest Army to seal all the exits of the mountain. Thoroughly check the whole mountain, the assassin will not be far away, everyone, stand here and don't go anywhere!"

As soon as Zhao Lingfeng finished speaking, everyone settled down as if they had found their backbone.

Chen Ming is the commander of the imperial forest army. If he is assassinated today, if he is injured, even if he has ten heads, it will not be enough to chop off.

"I obey!" Chen Ming clasped his fists and said. After speaking, he quickly formed the team, and after explaining the specific matters, he led the people to run from different directions.

Fu Xiang stood outside the tent, looked left and right, and found that Fu Yuanzhi was gone, and his heart tightened. Turning his head and whispering to the servant of the mansion beside him for a while, the servant nodded repeatedly, and then left secretly while no one was paying attention.

After almost a stick of incense, the boy came back and said something to Fu Xiang. He saw Fu Xiang's face was pale, and he and his colleagues went back to the camp to rest for a while under the pretext of feeling unwell.

When he reached the door of the tent, Fu Xiang turned around and ran towards the woods quickly. After running for two or three miles, he reached the cedar bush that the boy said. Pushing aside the dense weeds with his feet, he saw Fu Yuanzhi lying on the grass, with a cut on his left arm, the flesh was turned out, mixed with blood, it was indescribably horrifying. He still held a long sword in his right hand, and the tip of the sword was stained with a touch of bright red.

Fu Lian hurriedly squatted down, hugged Fu Yuanzhi in his arms, patted his face with his hands, and shouted anxiously: "Yuanzhi, Yuanzhi."

Fu Yuanzhi in his arms did not respond at all, his eyes were tightly closed.

Seeing the scene in front of him, Fu Xiang also realized that this time it seemed that it was aimed specifically at him. In the court hall, he has been reluctant to join the team for a long time, fearing that he would have offended some prince, so that there is such a scene today.

"Yuanzhi, it was grandpa who harmed you." Fu Xiang hugged Fu Yuanzhi tightly, his voice choked up slightly.

A joyful voice came from afar, "My lord, there is a situation ahead."

Immediately afterwards, the footsteps got closer and closer, Fu Xiang took a deep breath, with a calm expression on his face, took the long sword in Fu Yuanzhi's hand, and gritted his teeth , cut a long gash on his left arm. After staring at Fu Yuanzhi for a long time, a trace of reluctance flashed in his eyes, he stayed away so that he could take care of himself. He reached out and pushed Fu Yuanzhi deep into the grass, then stood up and walked out of the grass slowly.

When Chen Ming saw Fu Xiang, he was stunned, and immediately cupped his fists and said, "See you, Master Xiang."

Fu Xiang stroked his beard whitely, threw the sword in his hand in front of Chen Ming, and said, "Let's go, I am the assassin. "

Chen Ming looked in disbelief, looking at the wound on Fu Xiang's left arm, he had indeed slashed the assassin's sword before. But the more he looked at Fu Xiang, the more he felt that it was impossible. Fu Xiang was almost sixty years old, so it was impossible for him to have such a good skill.

While Chen Ming was in a daze, Fu Xiang clutched his wound, walked forward slowly, and said as he walked, "Young man, you can't walk as fast as my old man, right?"

Chen Ming didn't either. Think more, and immediately follow Fu Xiang.

Fortunately, the wound was not very deep. After taking the medicine, Zhao Qian woke up slowly. After hearing that the outside assassin had caught him, he was immediately brought in. He wanted to see who was so courageous. , dare to openly assassinate.

After seeing who was coming, Zhao Gan was startled, stretched out his hand, and pointed at Fu Xiang tremblingly, "How could it be you?"

Fu Xiang knelt on the ground and kowtowed to Zhao Gan, "I am guilty, I hope His Majesty will punish you."

Zhao Lingfeng stepped forward and said to Zhao Gan: "Father, Fu Xiang is so old that he can't be an assassin. I hope my father will find out.

" , how could it be an assassin?" Mei Ye echoed from the side.

Qin Yan also had a look of astonishment, what's going on?

Covered by his sleeve, Fu Xiang turned his head to look at Qin Yan, moved his lips, and then returned to his previous appearance.

Far away, the fir forest. These were the words Qin Yan recognized from Fu Xiang's lip shape. After reacting, he immediately gave Ta Yun some instructions. Tayun understood, his figure flashed, and he left the camp while no one was paying attention.

Everyone said what they said, and the summary was one sentence, "Fu Xiang cannot be an assassin."

Zhao Lingfeng touched Mei Ye with his arm and gave him a look. Mei Ye nodded knowingly, and asked in a puzzled tone: "Why don't you see Mr. Fu?"

After Mei Ye said this, everyone immediately stretched their necks and looked around, but they didn't see Fu Yuanzhi. So everyone started to discuss. Some people said that Fu Yuanzhi assassinated Zhao Gan, and then promoted Fu Xiang to defend him.

Fu Xiang looked at Mei Ye sharply. It turned out that this old man was planning to stay away. His eyes moved to Zhao Lingfeng's side, and he snorted disdainfully.

"Fu Xiang, do you have anything to say?" Zhao Qian's pale face was sullen.

"Yuanzhi was greedy for drinking and drank too much, so he rested in the old minister's camp." Fu Xiang replied respectfully.

Zhao Gan gave Eunuch Liu a wink, Eunuch Liu understood and walked out of the camp immediately.

After a while, Eunuch Liu came in and nodded to Zhao Gan.

Fu Xiang glanced at Ta Yun behind Qin Yan, seeing him blinking at him, he let go of his hanging heart. Fortunately, Fu Yuanzhi likes to sprinkle wine indoors. It is a beautiful name, and only the drinker keeps his name. Therefore, if he wants to be a drunk, there must be wine everywhere, and the room must also have the fragrance of wine.

Zhao Gan looked at Fu Xiang for a long time, and his words were desolate, "Why?" He knew that Fu Xiang knew martial arts. Finally waited for reinforcements.

"Today is my son's memorial day." Fu Xiang said lightly.

Hearing Fu Ci mentioned by Fu Xiang, Zhao Qian leaned weakly on the couch, and murmured: "You have been doing your duty for so many years, I thought you forgot.

" excellent. Zhao Qian was born to a concubine, but his heart was for the throne, so he fought openly and secretly with the former prince. Convince Fu to resign as an undercover agent for the former prince, and provide him with clues. Later, the former prince failed in his army and committed suicide. Zhao Gan was promoted to the prince because of his meritorious service in cleaning up the rebels. Soon it was pointed out that Fu Ci was the remnant of the former prince, and he encouraged the people to crush him to ashes.

"How can I forget." Fu Xiang said word by word, tears dripping on the ground. For so many years, he has been unable to forget Fu Ci's despair of being betrayed by his best friend before his death.

"My allegiance is to Daxuan, not His Majesty. It has been forty years now." After Fu Xiang said this, he was much older. That." After finishing speaking, he knocked his head heavily.

Zhao Qian was silent for a while, "I agree."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Fu Xiang kowtowed heavily again.

"Wu Zheng, take care of Yuan Zhi for me." Fu Xiang turned his head and said to Qin Yan with a smile.

Qin Yan clenched the hand hidden in his sleeve tightly, his eyes were hot, and his voice trembled slightly, "Okay."

Fu Xiang nodded in relief.

"Fu Xiang disregarded ethics and openly assassinated the emperor. He was a big treason, and his crime should be punished. However, God has the virtue of loving life. This is his own crime and has nothing to do with others." Zhao Qian looked at Fu Xiang and said word by word, " Put Fu Xiang in prison, and at noon tomorrow, he will be quartered by five horses."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Fu Xiang said gratefully.

Soon, Fu Xiang was taken down.

Zhao Lingfeng was very regretful, he never thought that the development of things would deviate from their budget. He has made a plan, and will send someone to find Fu Yuanzhi before Chen Ming, and then bring Fu Yuanzhi, threaten Fu Xiang with this matter, and let him obediently stand in his camp. Unexpectedly, Fu Xiang noticed it earlier, and folded himself in for no reason. Alas, it's a pity that a general was lost.

"All loves, step down, I'm tired." Zhao Gan waved his sleeves, signaling for everyone to step down.

Qin Yan walked to Zhao Lingfeng's side and said in a voice that only the two of them could hear: "You planned it."

Zhao Lingfeng blinked pretending to be innocent, "Don't talk nonsense, Lord Hou, this is all done by Xiang Fu alone. "

Qin Yan looked at Zhao Lingfeng contemptuously, "You are disgusting."

"Your Majesty is too much." Zhao Lingfeng laughed.

As the night darkened, Qin Yan stood outside the tent, the bright moonlight shrouded his surroundings, making him appear hazy and mysterious. The sounds of insects around him came and went.

"Tayun, I want to save him." Qin Yan looked at the moon in the sky with a slightly sad tone.

"I asked him before, but he didn't want to." Ta Yun replied.

Qin Yan smiled wryly, "Why are they all like this? Loyal to the emperor and patriotic, putting their lives in it, is it worth it?"

Ta Yun lowered his voice and didn't speak any more.

The two of them just sat quietly in the dark night, admiring the moonlight and thinking about their thoughts.