Chapter 17 The Wind Rises

As soon as Wen Yu walked out of the palace gate, he saw Qin Yan hurrying over on a horse.

Wen Yu stopped and tilted his head to look at Qin Yan. The sun shone on his body, shining like a pearl.

Qin Yan got off his horse, stood in front of Wen Yu, sized him up carefully, and then hugged him into his arms, "It's fine."

Wen Yu was half a head shorter than Qin Yan, and her ears were right on his chest. Hearing Qin Yan's strong heartbeat, he felt softness in his heart, and called out in a low voice, "General."

Qin Yan led the horse with one hand and Wen Yu with the other, "Let's go, let's go home." Hearing that Wen Yu was brought into the In the palace, he lost his sense of control for a moment, afraid that he would encounter that incident again.

Zhao Lingfeng walked behind, looking at the figures of Qin and Yan in front, and then thinking about what happened to him, he felt uneasy for a while, and a figure appeared in his mind. Shaking his head violently, thinking that Zhao Lingyun would come back tomorrow, he felt restless and walked quickly towards the palace.

Xie Lan stood at the gate of Anping Hou Mansion, pacing back and forth, stretching her neck to look at the street from time to time. Finally, a familiar figure came into view.

"Wenyu!" Xie Lan called out loudly, and waved her hand.

Qin Yan raised his head and followed the prestige, only to see a young man in a red round collar robe, with a dark gray palace sash around his waist, and a black hairband on his head, with a handsome face and a bright smile on his face.

Wen Yu stepped up the steps, walked up to Xie Lan, and asked, "Why are you here?"

Xie Lan put her arm around Wen Yu's shoulders, and complained, "You have no conscience, you have been back for so long and you don't know how to find it." I'll play."

"No time." Wen Yu clapped the hands on his shoulders away.

Xie Lan naturally slapped Wen Yu's shoulder again, and asked worriedly: "I heard that all the candidates for the imperial examination were brought into the palace today, so I came to see you specially. How is it? Are you okay?" Wen Yu shook her head

, "It's okay."

Qin Yan couldn't help coughing lightly when he saw that he was being ignored.

Only then did Xie Lan realize that Qin Yan was still by his side, and immediately withdrew the hand that was on Wen Yu's shoulder, and cupped his hand at Qin Yan, "Hello, Marquis Anping, my name is Xie Wenqian, and Wen Yu is a classmate and friend." Qin Yan

slightly Nodding his head, "It turns out to be the son of the Marquis of Guangling, go in and have a seat."

Walking into the hall, Xie Lan kept pulling Wenyu along, chattering non-stop. To see him.

Qin Yan sat on the side, watching Xie Lan's bright eyes fixed on Wen Yu, the smile on his mouth deepened. An indescribable feeling welled up in Qin Yan's heart, as if the treasure he had cherished for many years was being admired by others.

"Talk slowly, I still have something to do." Suppressing the discomfort in his heart, Qin Yan could only leave with an excuse.

Qin Yan was sitting in the study, holding a brush, dipped in the ink, and stopped in mid-air with his hand, as if he was thinking about something, and he refused to put it down. The ink from the tip of the pen dripped down, leaving some ink marks on the white rice paper.

"General." At this moment, Wen Yu pushed the door open and walked in.

Only then did Qin Yan regain his senses, put down his pen, and looked up at the person who came, "He's gone?"

Wen Yu nodded.

"What are you doing, General?" Wen Yu approached slowly, looking at the papers spread out on Qin Yan's desk.

"It's nothing." Qin Yan got up, "Let's go for a walk in the garden."

The garden in spring is full of flowers, fragrant and fragrant. A gust of wind blows, and the flowers sway with the wind, as if showing off their proud beauty to others.

Qin Yan stretched out his hand to brush off the fallen flowers on Wen Yu's shoulder, and joked, "It's strange to be promiscuous."

Wen Yu opened his mouth, not knowing what to say, but seeing Qin Yan striding forward, he had no choice but to keep up.

The two walked slowly all the way without speaking.

"General, have you thought about starting a family?" Wen Yu was the first to break the embarrassment.

"No." Qin Yan didn't hesitate at all.

"What about the future?" Wen Yu continued to ask.

Qin Yan stared at Wen Yu for a long time, frowned slightly, and said, "I'll talk about it later."

Wen Yu didn't ask any more questions, but lowered her head and followed Qin Yan silently.

The next day, Pingshan King Zhao Lingyun returned to the capital, and the people of the whole city took to the streets one after another, wanting to see the honorable face of the nobleman.

Zhao Lingyun was riding a horse, with a gentle smile on his lips, holding the rein with one hand, and greeting the people with the other.

On the tea house by the street, Wen Yu glanced at the scene outside the window, looked down at the tea leaves floating in the cup, a dark color flashed in his eyes, and the sky was about to change.

At this time, Tayun was reporting the matter to Qin Yan.

"Master, my subordinates have found out that as early as three years ago, King Pingshan had close contacts with officials in the court." Tayun said.

Qin Yan narrowed his eyes slightly, "Who?"

"Master of the Ministry of Rites, Pan Bingcheng." Ta Yun replied.

Qin Yan flashed a glimpse of understanding, "So that's how it is." No wonder Pan Bingcheng always got close to him intentionally or unintentionally after he came down to court recently, and it turned out that he wanted to win him over for Zhao Lingyun.

Ta Yun looked at Qin Yan, hesitation flashed across his eyes, "I have one more thing to do."

"What is it?" Qin Yan raised his eyebrows.

"My lord didn't go to the exam today." Ta Yun said.

"What?" Qin Yan was very surprised, "Then where is he?"

"Duiyuelou." Ta Yun told him everything he knew.

"Who are you with?" Duiyuelou is the closest few streets away from the Hou's Mansion, and based on his understanding of Wenyu, he would not have gone so far away if no one was with him.

"Guanglinghou Shizi."

It's him again? Qin Yan lowered his eyes, and then waved his sleeves, "You go down first."

In the palace, Zhao Lingyun stopped, looked at the surrounding scenery, strange yet familiar, took a long breath, his eyes flashed light, from now on Finally, it was time for him to fight. Reining in his thoughts, he took big strides and walked towards the imperial study.

Eunuch Liu stood at the door and saw Zhao Lingyun walking in, with a smile on his face, "Your Majesty has been waiting for a long time, please go in quickly."

Zhao Lingyun nodded slightly to Eunuch Liu, then walked into the imperial study room, looking towards the innermost figure, Slowly approaching, then knelt down on one knee, clasped his fists and said, "My son, see Father."

Zhao Qian immediately put down the memorial in his hand, looked up at this son whom he hadn't seen for many years, his facial features were quite similar to his own, the young The face, with the imposing manner of the morning sun.

"Get up quickly." Zhao Qian stood up, walked to Zhao Lingyun, and helped him up.

It was only then that Zhao Lingyun was able to look at Zhao Gan up close. The hair on his sideburns was already grey, and the wrinkles on his forehead were getting deeper and deeper. Cough a few times.

"Over the years, I have failed to fulfill my filial piety in front of my father, and I hope my father will forgive me." Zhao Lingyun said apologetically.

Zhao Gan waved his hand, "You have guarded the imperial mausoleum for ten years, and this is your filial piety."

Ten years ago, a wandering Taoist priest predicted that Zhao Qian's later years would be difficult, that he would die of illness, and no one would ask him. He must either abdicate immediately, or The imperial tomb that has been guarded for ten years can be resolved.

After Zhao Gan heard this, he angrily reprimanded the Taoist priest for spreading rumors, and sent someone to arrest him and sentenced him to death. But he still believed what the Taoist said, but it was impossible for him to give up the imperial power, so he sent Zhao Lingyun to go for him.

"Okay, I haven't seen your mother and concubine for many years, so hurry up and see her." Zhao Gan urged.

"Thank you, father." After Zhao Lingyun finished speaking, he walked towards the harem led by the servants.

Walking to a deep bedroom, vines protrude from the wall, hanging purple flowers.

Zhao Lingyun looked at the closed door, reached out and knocked lightly.

After a while, the door opened from the inside, and an older court lady in a lilac-colored palace dress came out. She looked at Zhao Lingyun for a moment, then turned her head and shouted to the people inside: "Aunt Qiushui, Ping Shan His Royal Highness is here."

The person called Qiu Shui hurriedly stepped forward, looked at Zhao Lingyun, his eyes suddenly turned red, and saluted, "Your servant will see you."

Zhao Lingyun stepped over the threshold and asked, "Where is the concubine mother? "

The empress will come out immediately." Qiu Shui replied.

Zhao Lingyun is the son of Concubine Hui, who was originally a first-rank court lady next to the eldest princess. One day, Zhao Gan was drunk and fell asleep by mistake. He had no choice but to take her into the harem because of the favor of the eldest princess. Concubine Hui was also upbeat, she was pregnant with a dragon seed at one time, and she was able to give birth to Zhao Lingyun because of the protection of the eldest princess. Later, when Zhao Lingyun went to the imperial mausoleum, Zhao Gan promoted his mother and concubine to the imperial concubine position in order to appease him.

Concubine Hui's appearance is not as stunning as Concubine Mei's, but ordinary, but her whole body reveals a sense of cleanliness and comfort.

Hearing the familiar voice outside, Concubine Hui quickly wiped away the tears from the corners of her eyes, clasped her hands together, and said reverently in front of the Guanyin statue, "Thank you for the blessing of Guanyin Bodhisattva." Then she turned and went out.

Concubine Hui saw Zhao Lingyun's slender figure when she went out, her eyes were red again, her voice was hoarse, "

Just come back." "Concubine Mother." Thousands of words were turned into a simple call.

Concubine Hui carefully looked at Zhao Lingyun, "It's been so hard for so many years."

Zhao Lingyun and Concubine Hui had a long talk before leaving the palace.

At night, when it was raining lightly, Qin Yan opened the window, and saw a figure standing there. The clothes on his shoulders were a little darker, so it could be seen that this person had been standing here for a while.

"What are you doing standing here?" Qin Yan frowned.

"I want to see when you will find me." The man smiled.

Qin Yan stretched out his hand and made a gesture to close the window. Seeing this, the man jumped into the room, "I said Qin Wuzheng, you have nothing to say to me when old friends meet?" Qin Yan glanced at him

. , "If you don't stay in your palace well, what are you doing here?"

The person who came was none other than King Pingshan, Zhao Lingyun.

Zhao Lingyun pulled the empty chair aside and sat down, heaving a long sigh, "Didn't I come here to get something from you." "

What do I have for you to get?" Qin Yan said lightly.

Zhao Lingyun unbuttoned his shirt and tied a bandage on his chest. The bandage was already stained with blood. "Did you see it?"

Qin Yan turned around, took out a small bottle from the drawer on the bookshelf behind him, and handed it to Zhao Lingyun.

Zhao Lingyun untied the bandage on his chest, then took the medicine bottle, uncorked the bottle, sprinkled the medicine inside on the wound, and gritted his teeth to prevent himself from making a sound, with fine sweat breaking out on his forehead.

"What's going on?" Qin Yan asked.

After a long time, Zhao Lingyun finally relaxed, lowered his head and wrapped the bandage, "Zhao Lingfeng."

"He's really bold." Qin Yan sneered, it looked like a new injury, probably from last night, he moved It's fast enough.

After putting on the shirt, Zhao Lingyun looked at Qin Yan and said seriously, "I'm already on the boat."

Qin Yan knew what Zhao Lingyun meant, and after a long time, he replied, "Maybe, I can give you a ride."

When Zhao Lingyun heard it, he was overjoyed, "Really?"

Qin Yan curled his lips, "I said, I will accompany you whatever you do."

Zhao Lingyun patted his legs excitedly, "As expected of a brother since childhood ! Hiss!" Unexpectedly, the wound was involved, and he gasped.

"Is it really decided?" Qin Yan asked again.

"In these years, even though I have been assassinated no less than ten times in the imperial mausoleum, I have countless scars on my body. I didn't intend to fight, but I couldn't avoid it after fleeing so far. I just wanted to live. Later I Only then did I realize that only by standing at the highest point can I have the qualifications to live." Zhao Lingyun was filled with emotion.