Chapter 10

In the blink of an eye, it was the sixteenth day of the first lunar month. Wenyu was wearing winter clothes, with a navy blue fox fur on her shoulders, and her slightly longer hair was tied into a bun on the top of her head with a red hair band, while the rest of her short hair was scattered behind her head. , with a few strands of hair on the temples, fluttering in the wind.

Compared to last year, Wen Yu has grown a lot taller and has reached Qin Yan's shoulders.

Qin Yan looked at Wen Yu and smiled slightly, "Is the thing ready?"

Wen Yu thought about it carefully, nodded, and replied, "It's ready."

"Young Master Yu, don't be nervous when you get there. It is what it is, do you hear?" Xu Anyu patted Wen Yu's shoulder earnestly.

Wen Yu frowned slightly, "Remember."

Liu Feng stood aside, stretched out his hand to pick out his ears, and said: "I said housekeeper, from years ago to years later, my ears are callused, and you don't want to. It will be annoying."

Xu An glared at Liu Feng angrily, "Isn't Mr. Yu still young, I'm afraid he will forget.

" I think back then, when I was this old, I went up the mountain with my master to catch a blind man." Liu Feng said disdainfully.

Xu An stepped forward and slapped Liu Feng on the head, "You're the one who talks a lot!" "

Okay, it's getting late, it's time to go." Qin Yan reminded.

A group of people walked out, Qin Yan got into the carriage, and then stretched out his hand to pull Wen Yu up. Xu An still wanted to go forward and give some advice, but it was a pity that Qin Yan let Liufeng drive the carriage away earlier.

Seeing the carriage going away, Xu An had no choice but to give up.

This year, the examination room of Xiangshan Academy is located in Duiyue Building, and it is said that the number of people taking reference this time is as high as 300. Qin Yan still knew about Wen Yu's abilities. After all, he had only read the book for about a year. This time, the focus should be on participating.

"Wen Yu, are you ready?" Qin Yan asked.

Wen Yu replied confidently: "Ready!"

Seeing Wen Yu's appearance, Qin Yan swallowed the words again, touched Wen Yu's head, and said, "Work hard."

Wen Yu sorted it out. Brushing his slightly messy hair, he said weakly, "General, can you stop touching my head all the time." "

Why?" Qin Yan asked with a smile.

"I'm so old, touching the head is for children." Wen Yu replied.

Hearing this, Qin Yan couldn't help laughing, "In my eyes, aren't you just a child?"

Wen Yu fell into silence, not knowing what he was struggling with.

Liufeng's voice came from outside: "Master, we're here."

Opening the curtain of the car, the three big characters of Yuelou came into view. A large number of students surrounded the door, some of them were sitting on the steps with books in their hands, talking loudly. Some of them gnawed steamed buns in their mouths, lay on the ground, and wrote something on the book with a brush. In short, each is different.

Wen Yu poked his head out and looked at it, feeling a sigh of relief.

Qin Yan could see Wen Yu's expression at the moment, and then said: "This year's competition is a bit fierce."

"I'm not afraid." Wen Yu looked away, met Qin Yan's eyes, and said seriously. He knew that Qin Yan had always held a skeptical attitude towards him, always thinking that he had only studied for less than a year, and it was impossible for him to pass the book smoothly. But what Qin Yan didn't know was how many nights he spent fighting with lights on for this exam, and today was his time to prove himself.

At this time, the sound of gongs and drums sounded, and Wen Yu immediately got off the carriage, smiled at Qin Yan and said, "General, wait for me." After speaking, he turned and walked into the building.

Qin Yan didn't go far, but in the opposite teahouse, he casually ordered a pot of tea and drank it, but his eyes were fixed on the outside.

A slightly thick voice sounded: "Wu Zheng, how boring is it to drink tea here alone?"

Qin Yan turned his head and looked, his eyes were full of surprise, then he stood up, cupped his hands and said, "Master Xiang." "

I said Qin Wu Zheng, why didn't you see me?" Fu Yuanzhi said dissatisfiedly.

"Be far away, don't be rude." Fu Xiang reprimanded lightly.

Qin Yan smiled, "No problem."

"Master Xiang didn't go to court today?" Qin Yan poured out a cup of tea and handed it to Fu Xiang.

Fu Xiang took it, took a sip, and replied: "Take a rest today."

Xuanguo has a two-day holiday every year on the Lantern Festival.

Qin Yan smiled when he heard the words, "Look at me, I haven't been to court, so I don't know about these things.

" It is the emperor who is ruthless to end up like this.

Qin Yan didn't care much, and drank his tea alone, "Now that I'm like this, at least I'm happy and free, and I don't have to worry about losing my life."

Fu Yuanzhi was listening on the sidelines, feeling uncomfortable. Qin Yan was not like this in the past. He used to be high-spirited, like an eagle flying across the battlefield, but now, he is locked in a cage like a rabbit. Here, it will eat whatever the owner feeds it.

"I said Qin Wuzheng, didn't you ever think about going back?" Fu Yuanzhi said, "By the way, I also took me to the barracks to see. I'm so old, I don't know what the battlefield is like." "

Nonsense !" Fu Xiang rebuked.

Fu Yuanzhi closed his mouth knowingly and drank his tea.

"Why is Xiangye here today?" Qin Yan changed the subject.

"Xiangshan Academy enrolls students, and I come to join in the fun." Fu Xiang replied.

At this moment, the sound of gongs and drums made the three of them startled, then they all got up and looked out the window.

I saw all the students coming out of it, some laughing, some crying, some swearing.

"It's young and vigorous." Seeing this, Fu Xiang was deeply moved.

Finally, seeing Wen Yu among the swarming crowd, Qin Yan waved to him and shouted.

Wen Yu responded, and walked towards the teahouse. After walking up the stairs, he saw Qin Yan discussing something with others. When he got closer, he saw that it was Fu Yuanzhi, and there was an old man next to him who didn't care much. seen.

"Wen Yu, this is Grandpa Fu." Qin Yan said.

In fact, judging from his appearance, Wen Yu already knew who this old man was. After all, Fu Yuanzhi looked five points like him, and with what he knew, he could guess, but since Qin Yan had already spoken, he had no choice but to bow He cupped his hands and called out, "Grandpa Fu."

Fu Xiang looked at Wen Yu, who was handsome and talented, with clear eyes, and couldn't help feeling a little fond of him, so he nodded and said, "Good boy, sit by Grandpa's side." Wen Yu also had a good impression of Fu Xiang,

so He sat beside Fu Xiang.

"Xiao Yu'er, you actually participated in this selection test?" Fu Yuanzhi was very surprised.

Wen Yu nodded, "Yes."

"It's amazing." Fu Yuanzhi sighed.

"A child is better than you." Fu Xiang once again disliked his grandson.

"Yes, yes, I don't know anything." Fu Yuanzhi nodded repeatedly, belittling himself indifferently.

Fu Xiang was so angry that he blew his beard and stared.

"How do you feel?" Qin Yan asked with concern.

"Very good." Wen Yu replied confidently.

Fu Xiang stroked his beard, laughed and said, "That's right, this boy has the demeanor of the old man." After speaking, he untied the pendant from his waist and gave it to Wen Yu, "Son, this pendant was given by the head of the mountain when the old man entered the academy. , now this old man is giving this to you, I hope you can reprimand Fang Qiu in the future."

Wen Yu looked at Qin Yan with embarrassment.

"Since Grandpa Fu gave it to you, just accept it." Qin Yan nodded.

Wen Yu took the jade pendant with both hands, kowtowed to Fu Xiang, and said, "Thank you, Grandpa Fu."

Unwilling to be left out, Fu Yuanzhi pretended to be sour and said, "Anyway, he's also a grandson, so don't send me off." "If you

can Write an article, whatever you want, I will give it to you." Fu Xiang said solemnly.

Fu Yuanzhi curled his lips, "Forget it, I bought it myself."

Fu Xiang hated iron and steel, "Nothing."

Fu Yuanzhi shrugged helplessly. Anyway, what he said last time, I thought his grandfather would appreciate it. In his heart, he no longer asked him for those things, but in the end, he still thought too much. Should be beaten, scolded, still the same.

"When will the results come out?" Fu Xiang looked at Wen Yu and asked kindly.

"Two days later." Wen Yu replied.

Fu Xiang patted Wen Yu's head, "I will tell Grandpa about the situation then."

Wen Yu nodded, "Okay!"

After they chatted, they went back home.

On the carriage, Wen Yu held the jade pendant in his palm, and traced the lines on it with his fingers. Thinking of Fu Xiang, his heart warmed.

The two days of waiting for the results can be said to be like years, Qin Yan doesn't show it on the face, but every time it passes, he always asks the time.

What's more, Xu An didn't do anything, but worshiped the Bodhisattva, praying that Wenyu could pass smoothly. Wen Yu is like a normal person, eating and sleeping, without a trace of anxiety.

Finally, the day of the announcement came.

Qin Yan took Wen Yu to the Duyue Tower early to wait. From the beginning, there were only one or two people, and the crowd at the back was overcrowded.

Qin Yan held Wen Yu's hand tightly, fearing that the crowd would crowd them out later.

After a while, I saw a person holding a red cloth in his hand, walking to the wall, hanging the cloth on a nail, and then letting go, the originally rolled cloth unfolded instantly.

Qin Yan stared at the black letters on it, his eyes looked up from bottom to top. After seeing the word "Wen Yu", he was surprised at first, and then a burst of joy filled his heart. A few traces of smiles appeared in the corners of his eyes. He turned his head and looked at Wen Yu. Yu, Wen Yu is also looking at him.

Qin Yan hugged Wen Yu and patted him on the shoulder, "Not bad."

Wen Yu was taken aback, her ears turned red.

Qin Yan laughed a few times, pulled Wen Yu out of the crowd, forgot that he came in a carriage, and led Wen Yu all the way back to the mansion.

"Uncle Xu, it's over." As soon as he entered the mansion, Qin Yan told Xu An the good news.

Xu An was so excited that he spoke incoherently, "Okay, it's really great, there hasn't been a happy event in the mansion for a long time." Qin Yan didn't forget to send someone to the Prime Minister's mansion to

inform, and when Fu Xiang learned about it, he smiled gratifiedly : "The old man is right. It really is a boy born from a hero."

The academy starts on the first day of February, and there is plenty of time for everyone to prepare, but the academy is in Gusu, and it takes ten days to travel from the capital to Gusu. Therefore, Wen Yu didn't stay at home for a long time.

At night, Wen Yu lay on the couch, tossing and turning, unable to fall asleep. I had no choice but to get up, picked up the cloak on the screen, draped it over my shoulders, opened the door, and walked outside.

Today is eighteen, the moonlight is still bright, Wen Yu is walking around aimlessly, recalling all the things from the time he first entered the mansion last year to the present, thinking of going to a far away place, feeling reluctant to give up, and kicking his feet irritably stones.

A gentle voice came from above his head: "What's the matter?"

Through the moonlight, seeing the person coming, he couldn't help but ask, "The general hasn't slept yet?"

"Yes." Qin Yan nodded.

So, the two walked side by side, and the moonlight stretched their figures so long that they almost intertwined.

"General, you have been here for many years, you have to take good care of yourself." As he spoke, Wen Yu choked up. The academy stipulates that you can return to your hometown after five years of study.

"You too." Qin Yan warned.

Wen Yu looked at the bright moon in the sky, and was finally able to understand how the ancients felt homesick for the moon.