Chapter 8 A Chance Encounter

Twenty army sticks are nothing to Qin Yan, who grew up in the barracks since he was a child. After the beating, he stood up like a normal person, with a calm face, took Wen Yu by the hand, turned and left.

"Master Hou, go slowly." Mr. Zhang said apologetically.

Fu Yuanzhi was not willing to be ignored, and shouted to Qin Yan: "I mean Qin Wuzheng, I am standing here with such a big man, can you not see?" "Such a

big man, don't you have eyes?" Qin Yan's indifferent words drifted over.

Fu Yuanzhi was speechless for a while, opened the folding fan in his hand, and fanned it quickly, this Qin Wuzheng, why didn't he see his mouth so bad before? Forget it, go home. Turn left at the corner of the street and run directly to Xiangfu.

Today is only the third day of junior high school, and there is no moonlight. Not long after Haishi, the stalls on both sides of the street have gradually decreased.

Occasionally passing by the door of ordinary people, the candlelight shines faintly on the road through the worn window paper.

"General." Wen Yu said weakly.

"Huh? What?" Qin Yan replied.

Wen Yu looked into the distance, lowered his head again, and stammered: "I, I" said for a long time, but he couldn't say a complete sentence.

Qin Yan chuckled, "Let's talk about it after thinking about it."

Wen Yu sighed, "That's fine." Because he really didn't know what to say, he just wanted to break the atmosphere of silence.

Since the last palace banquet, Wen Yu seemed to be a different person. He no longer sneaked out on the street, and hid in the study all day long to read and write. Even Fu Yuanzhi didn't answer him when he came to see him. Qin Yan saw all this and regretted taking him to the palace banquet that day. Wen Yu's dull temper now is not as detached as before.

It rained a little in the afternoon, and the room was a bit stuffy. Wen Yu put down her book and opened the window. The breeze was blowing, and she couldn't help closing her eyes to feel the coolness.

After the restless mood was calmed down, he slowly opened his eyes, and saw Qin Yan in the opposite gazebo looking at him with a half-smile. Wen Yu was taken aback, and then his fair cheeks turned pink a little bit, quite shy.

Qin Yan waved at him, but Wen Yu had no choice but to pick up his pace and walk outside the house.

Walking to the pavilion, sat down next to Qin Yan, and called out: "General."

Qin Yan raised his hand to straighten Wen Yu's wind-blown temple hair, and then said, "What book are you reading recently?" "

"Spring and Autumn"" Wen Yu replied.

Qin Yan was a little surprised when he heard the words, "Can you understand everything?"

Wen Yu scratched her head embarrassedly, "I only know half of it."

"Don't read it this afternoon, I'll take you outside for a walk." Qin Yan said.

"Okay." Since Qin Yan mentioned it, Wen Yu didn't refuse. After all, Qin Yan's position in his heart is extraordinary.

Qin Yan brought Wen Yu to the stable, and said, "Pick any one."

Wen Yu was stunned for a moment, "Shall we go on horseback?"

Qin Yan nodded, "Yes."

"But I don't know how to ride a horse." Wen Yu was at a loss.

"Silly boy, what are you afraid of when I'm by your side?" Qin Yan patted Wenyu's head and smiled.

Wen Yu blushed, then looked at the tied horses in the stable, and finally chose a white pony, "That's it."

Qin Yan nodded, "Well, among these horses, Bai Yun is relatively docile."

Then Qin Yan led a brown horse and walked over. "General, didn't you ride that horse?" When he was in Yunzhou, he had seen the general rushing out of the city gate on that horse countless times to fight.

Looking in the direction of Wen Yu's finger, it was Xuan Yin, the horse that had accompanied him on the battlefield for many years. Xuan Yin was also looking at him, and yelled, as if he was a little dissatisfied. Qin Yan was stunned for a moment, then shook his head, "No, it's time to rest." I don't know if he was talking about the horse or himself.

Wen Yu didn't speak any more knowingly, and led Bai Yun to follow Qin Yan.

The two walked out from the back door and took a shortcut to an open space on the outskirts of the city.

Qin Yan patted the horse's back, turned his head and said to Wen Yu: "Look carefully, I will show you how to get on the horse." After speaking, he held the rein with his left hand, stepped on the stirrup with his left foot, turned over beautifully, and stepped on the horse. Sit on the horse.

Wen Yu applauded excitedly, "The general is so majestic!"

"Do you remember?" Qin Yan smiled helplessly.

Wen Yu looked eager to try, "Yes, I remember."

So, following Qin Yan's previous appearance, he slowly approached Bai Yun, pulled the rein, and stepped on the stirrup. As soon as he stepped on it, his calf trembled involuntarily. , One fell short and fell to the ground.

Qin Yan jumped off the horse, pulled Wen Yu up, and asked with concern, "Where did you fall?"

"No." Wen Yu shook her head.

"That's good." Qin Yan said.

Then, with Qin Yan's help, Wen Yu finally sat on the horse as he wished, but he hugged Bai Yun's neck tightly and remained motionless. Bai Yun seemed to feel the tension of the person on his back, so he walked cautiously. Wen Yu gradually relaxed, straightened her waist, took the rein with her hand, and tried to control it.

A voice from far to near came from the forest: "I don't know who it is, it turns out that the Marquis of Anping is here."

Following the sound, I saw Zhao Lingfeng leading the horse and approaching slowly.

Qin Yan immediately got off his horse, and Wen Yu followed, and stopped in front of Zhao Lingfeng, cupped his hands and said, "My lord."

Zhao Lingfeng waved his hand, glanced at Wen Yu, and said with a smile, "This young master has seen it many times. It's just that I don't know what to call it?"

"Caomin Wenyu." Wenyu replied.

Zhao Lingfeng nodded and said, "He's a little taller than before."

"I don't know why the prince is here?" Qin Yan asked.

Zhao Lingfeng bent down and pulled up some grass on the ground, "Of course I came to feed the horses, the grass is fat here."

Qin Yan said: "It's getting late,

I will go first. " Don't you want to see me so much?" Zhao Lingfeng's face changed, and his words were a little dissatisfied.

Qin Yan looked calm, and said: "The prince is joking, but he has been out for a long time." "

In that case, Lord Hou, let's go." Zhao Lingfeng waved his sleeves, and when Qin Yan and Qin Yan had just walked away, he said again: "Five days later will be the day of my grand wedding. I am waiting for Lord Hou to come to have a cup of wedding wine at the palace. By the way, that little Mr. Wen is coming too."

Qin Yan paused, then turned back and said : "The minister will definitely come."

Wen Yu raised his head and glanced at Qin Yan, he hesitated to speak.

"What?" Qin Yan couldn't help asking when he met Shang Wenyu's eyes.

Wen Yu thought about it for a long time, and then asked: "General, do you still like that Miss Yu?"

Qin Yan was slightly stunned, looked up at the blue sky, and said lightly: "All this has nothing to do with me. "Since five years ago, he has no intention of liking.

On the other side, Zhao Lingfeng rode on his horse and headed towards a winding path towards the top of the mountain.

Passing through the heavy cover, a simple courtyard came into view. Two guards stood in front of the door. After seeing Zhao Lingfeng, they both clasped their fists and said, "See the prince." Zhao Lingfeng waved his hand, stood at the door and looked inside for a long time, several

times The strides he took were taken back again, he hesitated for a while, and then walked in. Walking to the front hall, just about to take another step forward, but was stopped by a cold voice: "My lord, it's better not to come in, so as not to lose your life.

" He has already died in Huangquan, but it is a pity that he is not willing to part with this person. So, Zhao Lingfeng had no choice but to withdraw his feet obediently, stood at the door, looked at the man kneeling in front of the Buddha statue, and said with emotion: "I'm really busy these days, so it's been so long since I came to see you. No wonder.

" I hope the prince will never come." The man's tone was still as cold as ice.

Zhao Lingfeng frowned, "What are you

talking about?" The man didn't speak any more, he concentrated on knocking on the wooden fish, and the crisp sound of the wooden fish lingered in his ears for a long time.

Zhao Lingfeng was unwilling to be ignored, so he had to speak again: "Recently, I saw a person who looks similar to you, but he is still a child."

The sound of the wooden fish stopped for a while, only to hear the man's mocking voice: "Aren't there too many people like me in your backyard? Why, do you want to include that child?" "In your heart, I am such a person.

" What?" Zhao Lingfeng said angrily.

"No." The man replied lightly.

Zhao Lingfeng's face paled a little, and he heard the man continue to say: "You are not even a human being."

"Song Fan!" Zhao Lingfeng seemed to squeeze these two words out from between his teeth.

Song Yan hooked his lips, "Your lord was wrong. Song Wen died a long time ago. He was killed by your lord. Don't you remember?" Zhao Lingfeng took a deep breath and let it out slowly,

wanting to speak calmly, but his tone Still stiff: "Okay, let's not talk about this, five days later, the king will get married, can you come?" Zhao Lingfeng still had some expectations in his heart, hoping to see Song Fan's different emotions.

"Then I really want to congratulate the lord. Caomin once thought that the lord was going to die in this life." Song Yan smiled, and then said: "Invite me to the wedding? The lord thinks that the color of the wedding dress is not red enough, and wants me to marry you." Go add some color?"

Zhao Lingfeng waved his sleeves angrily, "You still don't know what to do!"

"My lord is absurd." Song Fan still acted like a normal person.

Zhao Ling walked away in a huff.

Only then did Song Yan turn around slowly, his handsome face was full of gloom, the smile on the corner of his mouth slowly disappeared, he threw the wooden fish in his hand heavily to the ground, got up and left the hall, and walked outside the house.

Zhao Lingfeng galloped all the way, using the mountain breeze to soothe the restlessness in his heart. Song Yan stood on the top of the mountain, taking this scene into his eyes, his eyes were dull, and he didn't know what he was thinking. When Zhao Lingfeng's figure disappeared, he looked away.

As soon as Wen Yu returned to the Hou Mansion, he went back into the study. Qin Yan pulled away the empty chair and sat down next to Wen Yu.

Qin Yan looked at Wen Yu, and asked, "What's wrong? You're in a bad mood?"

Wen Yu looked away from the book, glanced at Qin Yan hurriedly, and then continued to look down at the book, "No."

Qin Yan curled his lips , stretched out his slender fingers and tapped rhythmically on the book, "The book is turned upside down."

Wen Yu took a closer look, and found that it was really turned upside down. With embarrassment on his face, he silently turned the book over.

The lie was exposed, and Wen Yu was helpless, so he closed the book, took a deep breath, met Qin Yan's concerned eyes, and said, "General, I was thinking about how to get into Xiangshan Academy." "Why did you suddenly

think This?" Qin Yan was quite surprised.

"Because it is the best academy in Xuanguo." Wen Yu replied.

Xiangshan Academy is a dream place for Xuanguo students. In Xuanguo, no matter men, women, young or old, some people don't know who the current Holy Master is, but they know Xiangshan Academy. That is the top academy in the entire Xuan Kingdom, but all the students who come out of it are not those who are appointed as princes and prime ministers. Therefore, in the hearts of the common people, Xiangshan Academy is almost like a god.

"Academy usually recruits students only on the 16th day of the first lunar month. Now it's more than March. You can only wait until next year." Qin Yan said.

"Xiangshan Academy only accepts ten students a year. From the capital alone, there are countless people who want to enter the academy. You have to work hard." Qin Yan added.

Wen Yu patted his chest resolutely, and said: "Just don't worry, General, I will definitely work hard."

Qin Yan was in a daze before his eyes, and looked at Wen Yu quietly, as if he was looking at another person through him.

Back then, that young man also said to his father in high spirits: "Father, just rest assured, the child will definitely be admitted to the academy." "

General?" Wen Yu stretched out his hand and waved it in front of Qin Yan, and called out several times.

Only then did Qin Yan regain his senses, coughed lightly, "Look slowly, I won't bother you anymore." After speaking, he got up and left.