~ chess ~

AN: Just a little Ryuka and Sir Nighteye bickering in this chapter.

~ 28 ~

Heavy breathing. That was about all you could hear inside the big training room of Sir Nighteye's agency.

Ryuka stood there, heavily breathing while her eyes stared forward at the red punching bag in front of her.

Slowly, her fists sunk down to hang losely beside her, her eyes never leaving the red punching bag. Has it always been red?

"You should really go to sleep. Cause I wanna go home." A voice said from behind her. Ryuka didn't move, only closing her eyes in annoyance.

The pro hero slowly stepped into the big training room. His eyes scanned over Ryuka with concern. "How long have you been here?"

It was the fifth day of the internship already, and Ryuka was using her time to train. She let out a groan while stretching her arms.

"I finished your paperwork early so I've been here all day." She stated, now slowly turning around to look at him.

Sir Nighteye squinted his eyes. "Well...another reason to go to bed now. After you cleaned up." He said, walking further into the room.

Ryuka took a short glance at the dirty punching bag behind her. 'Ohhh.'

It really wasn't red from the beginning.

It was Ryuka's blood that stained the punching bag in a dark red colour. She was so invested in training that she didn't notice.

But this was nothing new for her. No, not one bit.

She shrugged shortly. "I'll clean that up don't worry." She reassured the hero.

Ryuka walked over to a nearby bench, taking her water and starting to drink while sitting down.

Sir Nighteye looked at her with uncertainty. He walked up to her, looking her up and down. "That was not what I meant." He said, gesturing to something on Ryuka.

The girl looked at what he meant. Her still bandaged hands were bleeding through the white fabric. Her elbows were scraped too, along with her ankles.

"Hm?" Ryuka hummed. "Oh that. Yeah I'll just take a shower." She told him nonchalantly.

Sir Nighteye seemed to get irritated. "Why would you go so far? You must be in great pain. Let's get you to the nursery—"

"You're overreacting. I do this all the time. Why do you think my arms are always bandages up like this, hm?" She asked, taking another sip from her water.

The man huffed. "You're not serious."

"Course I am."

Sir Nighteye could feel his heart clench at her words. No...it was more the way how she said it. Like it was nothing, like it didn't matter.