~ unexpected ~

~ 32 ~

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

~ 32 ~

Ryuka didn't remember her mother too well.

She died when she was about five years old. Ryuka remembered that her death struck her very hard when she was a kid. But over time she got over it. Well, as much as possible, that is. This wound would never completely heal.

Ryuka remembered her mother's orange hair, literally orange like the fruit. She remembered her blue eyes, and her tall figure.

She also remembered parts of her behaviour. Her seriousness, her stubbornness, her softness.

But Ryuka didn't remember her voice at all.

She knew that her mother wasn't the best parent, or the best person, but who is though?

She just wished she would remember more about her.

Especially on days like this.

Makoto Tanaka's death day.

Ryuka didn't show up at school that day, claiming she was sick.

At about five in the morning, Ryuka left the house. It's a wonder to see her do anything that early.

She did this every year. She visited the grave yard, only once a year, but at least she did.

Once she arrived there, she just sat down on front of her mothers grave stone wordlessly. There were no tears left to cry, not for a long long time now.

Every year, Ryuka would sit there in silence, pull out a pen and a paper, and write out every single detail she remembered about her mother.

She didn't want to forget the already little amount she knew.

But her writing stopped every few minutes. And that continued. For the whole day.

Writing, silence, thinking.

For the whole day.

Every year.

But this time, something different happened. Something Ryuka really didn't expect.

After about five hours of just sitting there in silence, she heard footsteps approaching. But they weren't just the footsteps of a person who wanted to visit their loved one's grave and would just walk past Ryuka. No.

The footsteps stopped right beside her, waking her from her trance.

And then she finally realised that is was raining.

Ryuka slowly turned her head towards the person beside her. Her eyes trailed up from his black pants up to his black jacket and finally, his fire red hair.

Ryuka squinted her eyes unamused. "...What?" Was all she could bring out.

The man held an umbrella in his hand, not taking his eyes off of the grave stone in front of them. "...Why are you not at school?" He asked.

• 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 • 𝕊.𝕋𝕠𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕜𝕚 •जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें