~ lightning ~

~ 13 ~

~ 13 ~

It was all so confusing. It was so unreal. Oh how she wished it was all a terrible nightmare.

Ryuka was sitting inside a room, she was sitting at a table, a few people sitting opposite of her, people she didn't know.

Her eyes couldn't focus on anything, her mind was racing, but completely blank at the same time. She didn't even remember how she got here, all she remembered is finding her father dead on the ground of their house. Everything after that was just a blur.

Her eyes went to the table, it was white, only a white table, yet her eyes focused on it like it was the most engrossing thing in the world.

She could hear voices, calling out for her to listen to them. Finally, her eyes went to look up, looking directly into the brown eyes of a man standing opposite of her.

There were more people, all of them looking at her. Feeling like her ears finally worked properly again, she could make out what they were saying.

"....do you understand?"

"...."

"....What?" She asked, a genuine confusion showing on her face.

"This is not the time for games, listen to me once and for all." The voice said, Ryuka saw that it was the brown eyed man that was currently speaking.

"Where are you?" He asked her. Ryuka thought about the question for a little bit, before closing her eyes for a moment and staring into these brown eyes.

"Hero commission." She answered.

"That's right, now tell me why you are here." And again she needed some time to answer. The brown eyes looked down on her like she did something wrong.

"My father, he's dead." She spoke slowly, her expression only pitiful to look at.

"Yes, your father was killed in a fight with a villain outside of Japan, tragic incident." The man said, almost as if trying to convince her to believe that. Sure she was an eight year old child, but she was far away from stupid.

"No. He died in our house, with bleeding arms." She retorted, the whole time speaking with such an emotionless and dull voice.

The words seemed so unknowing, like she was actually a little kid.

"And even if you might believe that, it's not true." He said, this time more softly. Ryuka squinted her eyes, was he trying to manipulate her?

"So if anyone ever asks you about your father, you tell them that he tragically died by this villains hands, alright?" The man said, it sounded like a threat, confusing the girl even more.