~ cupcakes ~

~ 27 ~

~ 27 ~

Ryuka was sitting on a bench outside of the hospital, a bag with her belongings sitting beside her.

Her head hung low as her arms rested loosely between her parted legs. She needed to clear her mind, her dull eyes staring at the ground.

'What just happened...? I had a panic attack...after one whole year, I thought this shit was over with. And to make it worse, he saw me...how disgraceful.' She thought, closing her eyes.

'I never panic, yeah right."

Ryuka didn't move as she heard very familiar footsteps approach.

'Ojisan'

The man wordlessly sat himself beside Ryuka, only the bag separating them. His stern eyes looked forward, the big scar on the left side of his face only half visible because of his hair.

He let out a sigh. "Yuka-chan..." He started.

Ryuka frowned like she was in pain. How can someone so pejorative, use such a childish and loving nickname?

"...I know we're not on the best terms for the last years..."

'or ever'

"...but you have to stop with your reckless behaviour. It puts a bad light on me, and on our family. How embarrassing would it be on our name, if you were to die in your first year? Get it together."

Ryuka didn't have the strength to start a fight, and she knew that if she were to answer with her usual disrespectful ways, a fight was unstoppable. "Let me live man...why you gotta embarrass me like this in front of my friends?" She asked in a calm voice.

Shinsuke crossed his arms, leaning back onto the bench. Both Tanaka's weren't even looking at each other while talking. "We're even now."

'We'll never be even'

Finally, Shinsuke glanced at Ryuka from the side, her eyes were still focused on the ground. "Come to Tokyo once in a while, your Grandma is getting worse."

Ryuka's jaw clenched, she quickly grabbed the bag beside her and stood up. "...As if I give a fuck."

And with that, she walked away with angry, quick steps. She could practically feel the burning glare her Grandpa was throwing her way, but she didn't care.

This would have consequences, but what didn't? Ryuka didn't hate her Grandma, and the fact that she was sick for a few years now also didn't leave her cold.

But she didn't like her either, she was a horrible, horrible mother to Ryuka's father, and for that, Ryuka wouldn't forgive her.

Visiting Tokyo wasn't on Ryuka's to do list unless it was Christmas or for a funeral. And even then she didn't really want to go.