~ midterms ~

~ 33 ~

~ 33 ~

"...Okay, that's it for class. There's only one week left until the final exams. You all are studying properly, right? I'm sure you already know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component." Aizawa explained to the whole class.

Ryuka was actually, not studying properly. She was currently sleeping in class, like half the time.

"...Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all." He said, walking out of the room.

"I haven't studied at all!" Mina and Kaminari shouted out the second Aizawa left the room.

They were so loud that it woke up Ryuka with a flinch. She looked around the room, noticing that their teacher was gone.

Todoroki walked up beside her. The mood between them was a little weird after the last events, but it was manageable.

"...You were fourth in the midterms, right Ryu?" He asked her tired self.

"Uh huh. I'm not worried about that..." She stated.

"How much have you been studying?! Do you have any tips?!" Kaminari asked from the side.

Ryuka steadied her head on her arm. "...I didn't study at all, no time."

"WHAT?! BUT YOU'RE ALWAYS SLEEPING IN CLASS?!" Kaminari and Mina shouted at her in unison.

"...Not always..." She mumbled.

Kaminari and Mina were baffled at the fact that someone can listen so little in class and apparently study zero hours a day and still be top four of the class.

"...This world is an unfair hell." Kaminari muttered.

"A hell where it's unfair..." Mina also spoke under her breath, both of them glaring at Ryuka.

But the girl payed them no mind, also ignoring how Yaomomo slapped everyone in the face with how rich her family is.

"....Oh in that case, I must tell mother and have her open up the hall!"

"Go off Momo-chan, I guess..." Ryuka mumbled at her friend from the side, a slight smirk visible on her face.

She slowly rose from her seat, looking over at Todoroki. "Wanna get lunch with me?" She asked.

The boy almost immediately jumped up from his seat, nodding his head wordlessly. Ryuka only chuckled lightly, walking towards the door, Todoroki following behind.

But Bakugo stepped up beside her. "How does it feel to be behind me, Ryuka, huh?! I'm better than you!" He grinned at her.

He's referring to him being third and Ryuka being fourth in the midterms.

Ever since the sports festival, things weren't the same between the two. They were never what you call "friends", but they were also never like this....So distant.