~ finish ~

~ 17 ~

~ 17 ~

"All of the first-year events for this year's U.A. sports festival have been completed. And now, we will begin the award ceremony!" Midnight announced, making the crowd roar and cheer for the upcoming winners.

And with a puff, they all appeared. Bakugo was standing on the first place podest, being chained to a post, squirming and trying to scream.

On the second place podest was Ryuka, a distant look on her face, like she wasn't quite present. She didn't pay any mind to her aggressive classmate.

And on the third place Podest were standing Todoroki and Tokoyami, both of them looking forward with their emotionless expressions.

After some time of cheering, Midnight spoke up again. "Now, we will award the medals! The presentation of the medals will, of course, be by this man-"

"HAHAHAHA" They heard the unmistakeable voice of All Might. He and Midnight tried to speak at the same time, creating an awkward moment.

All Might began to hand out the medals, starting with Tokoyami and Todoroki. He said a few words to them, before making his way over to the second placed girl.

As he was standing before her, he noticed the distant look in her eyes. "Young Tanaka." He called out, placing a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

Ryukas head jumped up to look at All Might, like she just zoned out for a minute.

"You are truly strong, Young Tanaka, keep hanging on to your goals tightly, and I'm sure there's nothing that could stop you from rising to the top. You did very well, congratulations." He said, taking the medal and hanging it around her neck.

Ryuka didn't say anything, her eyes looked still elsewhere, and All Might could clearly see that her mind was in a different place.

He put on his bright smile again, putting his large hand on top of her head for a moment before ruffling her hair slightly.

That made Ryukas eyes go wide in an instant, and All Might probably knew why. But he didn't say anything more, as he just laughed a little and went on to give Bakugo his medal.

As soon as All Might was distracted with Bakugo, Ryukas hand shot up to her head, gripping her hair slightly as she closed her eyes.

Todoroki turned his body to look at the girl, his eyes softening as he saw her frustrated expression.

He felt the same only hours ago, but not anymore, now he was just glad that this whole thing was over with. He needed to go home and think about a lot of things.

- - - - -

After that, everyone was dismissed to gather their things and go back to their classes for some last discussion.