Pt 2 Chapter 25: Dreams About The Future

The holidays were necessary for me as well as Sebastian, Imelda and Ominis. It had been like a small break from reality, where the only things that mattered were eating, laughing and spending time with your loved ones. In these moments it was almost as if we all forgot about the fact that goblins are storing my ancient magic and are preparing for a full blown rebellion. When I lie in Sebastian's arms or on his chest, hearing his heartbeat, it's like the rest of the world ceases to exist. When I'm there, it's nothing but us. And I love it like that.

''So, what are we doing after Hogwarts?'' Sebastian asks in a soft voice, stroking my hair carefully as I'm resting on his chest.

''I think I want to apply for the auror recruitment programme,'' I say in a low voice.

After everything that I have gone through the last years, the amount of dark magic I've encountered and most times even beaten, I think I'd make a good auror. And it's a career where I can actually make the world a better place.

''You'd be the best auror to ever exist,'' Sebastian says and squeezes my hand. ''For selfish reasons, I don't like the idea of you having such a dangerous job, though. But I know the world would be a better place if you exist to protect it.''

''You're too kind,'' I tell him and roll over so I can look him in the eyes. ''What are your plans once we're done here?''

''I'm conflicted,'' he says in a calm voice. ''Most of all I want to be a writer, but I'm not sure it's realistic of me to think of it as a career. I just know that I'm going wherever you're going.''

I smile at him and lean closer to kiss him. He kisses me back gently and I can feel him smiling.

''So, where do we go?'' I ask him with a smirk.

''I always liked the idea of Paris, ever since you told me about it,'' he says whilst looking up into the ceiling of the Undercroft. ''But of course, if you're becoming an auror I think we need to stay in London for a couple of years first.''

''London isn't too bad,'' I tell him. ''We can do both.''

''I like the sound of that,'' he says as he presses his lips on my forehead.

''And I think you should write,'' I say in a soft voice. ''I've read your work. You have talent. It would be a shame not to share it with the world. If that's what you want to do, you must at least try.''

He looks at me for a long moment, it looks as if he's thinking hard. Eventually he puts his hand under my chin, holding my face up.

''You're right, darling,'' his voice is soft.

I lie in his arms until I can't stay awake any longer. As soon as I'm not with him, I'm overwhelmed with worry. Terrified of what is coming and still feeling guilty for putting people in danger. When I'm alone I struggle to picture a future where I live a calm and peaceful life, but when I'm around Sebastian it feels natural. That we'll grow old together and spend everyday with each other. I'm grateful that he's able to bring me that kind of peace.

The next day there is a blizzard going on, but Imelda insists that the Slytherin quidditch team gets our practice. The rest of the team aren't exactly excited to spend two hours on our brooms, but we know that in order to win the quidditch cup we must put in extra hours of practice.

''Next Saturday is our first game of this year that actually matters,'' she says in a loud voice, trying to get everyone's attention. ''We're up against Ravenclaw and from now on I expect nothing but wins from Slytherin. I want to see no ugly plays, that just proves your lack of practice. So make sure you get an extra hour of practice everyday, alone or with someone.''