P2 Chapter 18: Plans In The Making

It's a morning in October when I see the massive snowflakes gliding towards the ground. It's a bit early for snow, but it's beautiful. It's only been a bit more than a month since I came back to Hogwarts, but it feels like a lifetime has passed. Within these days I've had time to see Garreth Weasley, make up with Sebastian, get abducted by goblins, win a game of quidditch and gone to a handful of parties. If I keep this pace up, I will have a hectic year. Therefore, the snow falling gives me a sense of calmness.

I tried to forget about the goblin part, mostly because that even traumatized me severely. However, I have a feeling that the story isn't finished just yet. Of course, they lost a few men in the battle. But I still wonder what they did to the container with my ancient magic and what they intend to do with it. This is a matter I need to deal with as soon as possible, but this time I'm not going alone.

I spend the day in classes, but I can't stop thinking about the goblin rebellion. Not even Poppy can take my mind away from it, despite her efforts.

''You wanna come with me to the forest?'' she asks after herbology class.

I agree to go with her, mostly because I don't like the thought of her going there alone after what happened to her not so long ago. As we enter the forest we need to fight off some spiders and I notice that Poppy's defensive skills have improved massively since we first fought people together.

''Good work,'' I tell her as we reach the part of the forest where she keeps Highwing.

''Thanks,'' she says with a proud look on her face. ''I started practicing after Milena and I broke up just to take my mind off things.''

I can relate to that. Maybe developing a skill is a better coping mechanism than kissing other people in front of the person you're trying to get over. I wouldn't know since I made my decision.

''When you disappeared,'' Poppy starts in a low voice as she's stroking the wings of Highwing. ''It had something to do with the goblins, right?''

I don't know what to say to her. Of course, she is one of my closest friends so I can tell her. But I also don't want to drag in too many people into this. Yet, not letting people know what happened was my mistake before.

''Yes,'' I tell her. ''How'd you know?''

''Well,'' she begins. ''You looked so extremely horrified when I told you about them in the Hospital Wing. I know you care about me, but you looked even more horrified after hearing about the goblins than you did before.''

''I'm sorry,'' I tell her, looking down in the ground.

''No, don't apologize,'' she says firmly. ''It's okay, it's just that I noticed you changing after I told you about the goblins.''

We head back to the castle together talking about life, relationships and beasts. I just wish I could give Poppy all of the happiness that exists in this world. She deserves it more than anyone. And most of all, I want her to find someone who can love her as much as she loves her beasts. Ever since Anne came back to Hogwarts, she is someone I pictured Poppy ending up with. But I'm not sure if either of them would be interested in each other. But if there's anyone, except for Sebastian, that would look out for Anne and her curse, it's Poppy.

I decide to find Ominis, Imelda and Sebastian to tell them that I need to find the container with my magic. But of course, it's a massive castle. I can just hope that I can find all three of them.

Sebastian is easy to find. Sitting in the common room, writing on his parchment like usual. It's like he's switched a book from parchment. I'm still wondering what he's writing, but I respect the fact that he doesn't want to share it with me.