Chapter 56

"Like rain, I fell for you."

~~~

The arrow flew, almost in slow motion, before penetrating through the beast's eye, causing it to reel back and howl in pain. Wednesday used this to her advantage as she began to make her way to her brother, who lay on the ground gasping for air as he called out to her. Anger flashed in her eyes at the sight, but before she reached Pugsley her legs were knocked from under her, causing her to crash into the ground. The sudden collision with the ground caused the air to evade her lungs, and she gasped for air as she lay in the damp, decaying leaves of winter. 

It seemed almost poetic, a storybook playing out as she stared up at the blue sky, clouds gently hovering above her as they moved along, a steady stream that never ceased. She sat up, still slightly out of breath as she saw the Hyde ripping out the arrow from his eye, nearing her as she swiftly rolled away from where his foot landed. 

He looked back at her, slowly changing back into his human form as he made his way to the raven, her eyes slightly widening before standing up. Blood ran down the side of his face, a bloodied mess where his eye had once been. He lifted his hand up slowly, seemingly dipping his finger in his own blood and licking it as he stared at her, his gaze intense on her as she glared back at him.

"Long time no see, Addams," he growled at her, and she ignored him as she stared at him, holding her wrist which now felt sore. 

"You should quit trying to be a hero, everyone there at that school knows it. You are meant to be with me, and outcasts of the outcasts, no matter how much you think you fit in there. C'mon, it'll be -"

Something whizzed past her ear, striking Tyler in the chest as he fell to the ground, more of his deep, crimson blood seeping through his clothes and down his neck as his eyes widened. His blood began to soak through the leaves, kissing the ground and using it as a canvas, painting the final memories of Tyler Galpin.

Her head snapped back to look where the arrow came from, and out came Xavier, holding the bow as he knocked another arrow, striding for Tyler as he stood above him, aiming the arrow down at him before Wednesday interfered.

"I never claimed to be the hero, it is about time you thick-headed numbskulls get that through your brains. But now that you have touched my blood, I will make sure every last drop of yours is removed from your body."

She pulled out a knife, and Xavier quickly stepped forward, silently throwing his hand out to stop her as she glared at him. He gestured down to the now-deceased hyde, laying there with wide eyes and a pale, cold face lying against the ground.

Wednesday quickly turned and ran to her brother, who lay limply on the ground, perched up on his shoulder as he smiled lightly at his sister. 

"I knew you would come, Wednesday," he whispered to her softly, and she bent down beside him, bringing his head into her lap as she stroked his hair gently. He looked at her with wide, curious eyes, wondering what had brought out this side of her, so foreign to him. But he let himself stay there, coughing as he tried to get his words out.

"Pugsley, there is no need to explain now. Be quiet, we will get you to a hospital," she muttered quietly to him, tears pricking her eyes as she looked at him. His eyes fluttered close, and his steady breathing slowed, as she whispered lightly to him. Xavier watched on, before slowly squatting down, lifting the boy in his arms as she looked up at him. She rose to her feet, looking from her brother to the boy, offering a small nod before the others found them, circling around them as they quickly led them back to Nevermore.