Chapter 39

you don't have to play the song, it's just there :)

"between seas, galaxies, and moons, I was lucky I stepped on the same land, I dreamed under the same stars as you."

~~~

"Well, it's not too late to turn around," muttered Xavier.

They stood together looking at the large wooden doors, the shadow of the building casting them in the shade. Wednesday looked up, taking it in as it stretched up far into the darkening sky. It was rather lavish, with its regal structure. The sides of the porch were crowded with bushes, and a few flowers managed to peak their heads out.

Xavier began to turn to go back, but Wednesday reached for his hand. She gave it a firm squeeze as she pulled him to her.

"Xavier, you are putting too much thought into it. Ring the doorbell."

He looked down at her, gulping as she focused her eyes on him. 

"If you insist."

His hand reached and rang the doorbell, and they were met with silence. He scooted closer to Wednesday, who stood tall as she peered at the door. She could feel the tension boiling over, and they hadn't even gotten to see the man. 

Suddenly the door swung open, revealing a tall man with light brown hair, who had greenish-gray eyes, and a smile that resembled Xavier's. She expected him to take after the man, rather tall and thin. He smiled down at the two, putting his hand out as she looked at it. Slowly, she moved her hand out to meet his rough one. Xavier watched on, and the air thickened between the two.

"Hello, young lady. I'm Vincent Thorpe, and you are?"

"Wednesday Addams."

He grinned at her before his eyes slowly floated over to Xavier's, who quickly looked away.

"Are you the Addams girl?"

Wednesday nodded, and Vincent beamed at her.

"They are very good people, your father is an excellent businessman."

Again Wednesday nodded, and her eyes drifted over to Xavier. He was looking down at his shoes, his hand tightening around hers.

"Xavier."

"Vincent," Xavier snapped his head up, looking his father in the eyes.

She watched as the older man slightly faltered, before regaining his composure and giving her a warm smile. Xavier continued to grimace at his father, who avoided eye contact.

"Come in, come in!"

He ushered the two inside, both of them following as they exchanged a glance. She squeezed his hand, giving him an almost reassuring look. Or what she hoped was one.

A woman stood there waiting for them, a small smile displayed on her face. Wednesday scanned her, seeing if she could pick up anything on the woman. Her light brown hair trailed down her back, and her gentle eyes seemed to welcome both of them. She looked like she belonged in this house, her distinguished aura filling the house. Wednesday's eyes landed on a ruby-red diamond that rested on the woman's ring finger, and her eyes widened slightly at it.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Xavier stiffen as he laid eyes on the woman.

"Xavier, Wednesday, meet Celestia Stark, my fiance."