Chapter 43

A/N: OMG I AM SO CLOSE TO 1K VOTES IM GONNA CRY!! I want to thank you all who have read this far, it truly warms my heart and makes me so happy to see people enjoying what I write, I don't know how I did it but yeah. Also celebrating nearly 31k reads, but I want to thank the people who have shown their support, who have commented on each chapter and made me laugh, and everything in between. I could not have asked to be a part of a better fandom community like this, and I owe everything to y'all. Enjoy the story!

~~~

"And it doesn't matter that sometimes our worlds are colored different hues. Because when the colors blend together, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

~~~

As the wee hours of the morning set in, they had sat there on the floor for hours, holding each other as he slowly relayed to her everything he kept locked away in the chambers of his mind. Never had she felt more than she did then, listening as he described the antagonizing ache he was forced to carry everywhere he went. It crumbled on top of him, leaving him gasping for air, begging to escape the pressure that slowly suffocated him. His begs and pleas were ignored, and he felt as if it were over before it had begun. Yet still, he managed to carry on, despite the darkness he had learned to live in, to become. But then she showed up, causing an uproar in the school he had called home. 

He paused a moment, and she waited silently as he gathered himself once more. 

"You gave me life, you taught me how to love myself. It wasn't easy, to give it all up, yet somehow I found refuge in you, and slowly you worked me out of that dark place. I wasn't sure if I would ever be saved, but someone heard my silent prayers because you're here."

She looked at him now, as his head rested in her lap. Her hand ran through his hair, and her eyes gently trailed down to his bandaged arms, and she slightly flinched. They had discussed, among the many things they went over, a healthier outlet, one that didn't involve this outcome. A pang of sadness came over her as she slowly moved her hand over his arm, caressing one of the bandages as a single tear prodded at her eye. 

"Everything is better with you. Everything is better since you."

It was worse than seeing him in the hospital bed, far worse than that because he had gone through it alone. He had no one there to hold his hand, to guide him in the right direction. She swatted at the tear but knew eventually it would find its way out. His words lingered in her mind, haunting her more than her nightmares ever had. He had pleaded with her, apologizing over and over as he told her he wasn't asking for pity; he was asking for support. He said if she left he would understand. It pained her, the idea that someone could instill this mindset into someone, to the point they begged to be heard, and felt the need to have to explain themselves the moment they broke from the weight. He had begged her for human decency, something that was granted to each individual from birth, yet some were stripped of that right.

He slowly stirred, sitting up as he looked at her, a sad smile crossing his lips. 

Her eyebrows were furrowed, and she was looking off before her eyes quickly flew to his. He saw the pent-up sorrow that resided in her reddened eyes, and her seemingly exhausted state revealed itself in her limp posture. She immediately straightened, searching his eyes as she quickly moved to stand up.

"What do you need?"

Watching her, he stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling her in and catching her in his arms. She stiffened, as the gesture surprised her, but she quickly returned the hug, wrapping her arms around him as he pulled her in further. She felt his lips graze the shell of her ear, causing a small shudder from her. He kissed her head, holding her close as he felt her heartbeat against his chest.