Chapter 47

"your skin without your scars would be like the sky without the stars."

~~~

"Uncle Fester! I didn't expect a visit from you quite so soon," the raven smiled, walking closer to her uncle.

He stepped out of the shadows, holding his arms out as she hesitated, eventually letting him embrace her. 

"Wow, a hug! What poison have you been playing around with?"

She pulled back, rolling her eyes as she looked up at the man, who grinned down at her. He was even paler than usual, and a hint of hydrogen sulfide was coating his jacket. The smell made her eerily smile, a refreshing scent to her nose as she inhaled it once more.  

"It seems you are playing with poison out of the two of us."

He lifted his jacket, revealing a vial of a bright purple liquid sitting in the pocket. His eyes grew wide with excitement before he took it out and handed it to her.

"A gift, from-"

"Cousin Itt, tell him the gift is much appreciated," Wednesday took the vial, examining it before handing it back to him.

"Keep it safe for me, this school wouldn't allow such a substance on school grounds."

He nodded, sticking it back in his pocket before he crossed his arms, looking down at her as he frowned.

"I think this school is making ya soft there, Wednesday."

 She frowned up at him, her blank expression sharpening as she tried to explain herself. It wasn't as if she had entirely softened, or changed. Or maybe she had. The idea frightened her slightly, but not in the way that she was scared. In the way that she might have been losing her touch.

"I have simply altered my ways, but I am still not very fond of affection. Say such a thing again and I will make sure that vile ends up in your food."

He laughed before looking behind her, and she turned to see Xavier staring at the two, his eyes growing slightly. Uncle Fester made a face at him, then moved to Wednesday's side, bumping her with his elbow lightly.

"Hey! Isn't that the fellow that was just drooling all over you that one night in the library? The chemistry was electric in there, really inspiring," he said, sending an electric pulse through his fingers as he watched Xavier walk closer to them.

"You repulse me, Uncle. This is Xavier, my-"

"Her boyfriend," Xavier grinned, hesitating before holding his hand out. 

"I like this guy, he seems easy to scare!" Uncle Fester smirked, holding his hand out. He spared Xavier the satisfying shock, determining he would get him another time.

Xavier nervously chuckled, looking between the two as Wednesday gave him a quick glance. 

"So this is the guy that has won my dear niece over. Say, has she tortured you!? If not, I'd be more than delighted to show you all my torture methods," Uncle Fester grinned mischievously.

"Xavier, don't let Uncle Fester scare you off, I rather enjoy your company," she stated, causing Xavier's heart to flutter. He nodded, standing there as they awkwardly looked at each other. Of course, it was Xavier that felt like the odd one out, even more so than he already was, and decided to let her talk with her uncle.

"Well, nice meeting you Mr.-"

"Uncle."

"Nice meeting you...Uncle Fester, but I'll let you two talk while I go attend the party. Ya know, make sure no one dies on my watch," he chuckled.