Chapter 17

Wednesday lay in bed, trying to find a connection between everything. She realized she should have tried to find the Sheriff's personal number, and see if it matched the one of her stalker. She was disappointed,  that she had forgotten, but there was always time to go back and see if they can get back in. She thought of the person who had gone with her, and the moment they had shared outside her door. It was as if everything around them had vanished, and they were the only two left. Her train of thought was interrupted by Enid, who had come and sat on her bed. 

"When's your birthday?"

"What?"

"Your birthday. When is it?"

Wednesday shifted to look at her, not sure where she was going with this.

"It's a day of the year, I assume."

Enid groaned, glaring at her.

"Come on, you know what I mean."

"January 13th," Wednesday didn't think before she blurted it out, immediately regretting her choice.

Enid went through her phone, typing something in quickly before looking up. 

"It falls on a Friday...spooky!"

Wednesday smirked, enjoying this bit of information. 

"Now let me sleep, Enid."

Enid nodded, then went back to her side of the room. Wednesday watched as she entered the colorful half, the sight making her cringe.  'There's never too much color!' Enid had said, but there was always too much color when Enid was involved.

She nodded off to sleep, hoping tonight she would make it through the night.

~~

She woke up at the sound of a thud against her window and quickly removed herself from her blanket. She walked over, and peeked out the window, seeing Thing throwing himself against the glass. She quickly opened up the window, and Thing tapped frantically. 

"Wait, what?"

Thing tapped again, and immediately Wednesday squeezed herself through the window and peered out onto the campus. She saw two figures talking, in hushed tones. She couldn't quite see their faces but could tell there was a woman and a man.  It almost looked like... Principal Carter from a distance. She stood silently, watching the interaction from afar. Suddenly, they both morphed into werewolves, running deep into the woods. 

She crawled back in, her eyebrows scrunched as she tried to think. 

Thing began tapping, and Wednesday picked him up. She suddenly felt her body falling, having a vision. 

A raven appeared, but this time it was injured, flapping wildly as it lost control. Numbers flew at her, 11:08, and she figured something would happen at that time. She saw a dark figure holding a knife, the blade shining in the moonlight. Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed the raven, and she heard an all too familiar voice attempting to soothe the bird, but couldn't pinpoint who it was.  They cradled the bird and then the vision slowly faded, leaving her in the darkness before she was able to leave.

She sat up, again confused and dazed at the vision. What had it meant? It wasn't revealing anything specifically like it usually did, such as a face to the person or even confirming something. Or rather, that was its way of saying someone was going to get hurt. It irritated her, as she knew it was using metaphors to try and get the message across. The only thing she knew for sure was the time she had seen, and she stood quickly and grabbed a piece of paper, writing down the vision.