Chapter 45

@sahhvih - thank you for the song!! parts of the chapter you'll see some correlation to parts of the lyrics, but you'll have to look! mwuah!

~~~

"Sometimes it's not the butterflies that tell you you're in love, but the pain."

~~~

The dark blue hues had taken over the night sky, a graveyard of stars that called for their long-lost lovers. Their incandescent light shines brilliantly, burning for the souls that have long gone. Her eyes watched in awe, as the ocean of stars took her in waves, leaving her drowning in the stories. Basking in the moonlight, the waters rose and fell, like the pulse of her heart, like the breath in her lungs. She looked over at the boy who accompanied her, his eyes a reflection of the midnight mural. Somehow she couldn't fathom how one could hold the universe in their eyes, how upon just a glance a world can be affected, how hope can be ignited, and how they could light a world on fire. She burned for him, and him alone, as she longed for the heat, and danced for the flames. 

The stars echoed across his touch, the loving grasp as he held her hand, and their heartbeats became one, under the same starry sky. 

The darkness surrounded her, her aura speaking in long-lost languages. A language of love, one only the eyes and soul could understand. No man could ever find the right words, no matter what language tried to decipher the code, there was one unspeakable to man. One the whispered along the whisp of winds that flew through her hair, the murmurs in the night when your thoughts were full of her. He couldn't fathom how someone could be his whole universe, could provide the place his very soul longed to go, longed to stay forever. Her heart welcomed him into its darkness as if she left a light on for him to find, that beckoned him home. 

Their souls had intertwined before their atoms had even come together, destined from the start, promised to the end. How the stars had come together, forming one constellation that would forever engross them in the tale of the two souls. One made of light, one made of darkness, oh how the stars let it be known to the world that such a love existed. 

She remembered every kiss, every touch that made her feel as if the universe expanded for just that moment, exploding in her heart but reaching across to his. It felt as if he had given her a taste of eternity, just a little moment had such a big impact on her life.

Car rides tended to spark thoughts of her soul and seemed to bring out the voice that she would normally fail to recognize as her own. The sky was all hers to take in, and she took it in with the long-haired boy who sat beside her now. 

"Wendy?" Xavier whispered, squeezing her hand.

She looked over at him before she realized they had reached Nevermore. His hand slid out of hers as they got out, and they stood there admiring the sky a moment before meeting in front of his car and walking through the gates. They saw Enid and Ajax walking to them, and they waited a minute for them to catch up.

"Hey guys, do y'all mind if me and Ajax hang out together tonight?"

Wednesday groaned inwardly, as she wanted to sleep in her own bed tonight. But she wasn't against the idea of spending her night with Xavier.

"Wendy, what do you want to do?"

She nodded, and Enid smiled as she gave the raven-haired girl a hug, clapping her hands as they made their way back to the dorms. Enid and Ajax turned at Ophelia Hall, while Xavier led Wednesday to 'The Cask of Amontillado', or so she called it. He held the door for her, and she was once again greeted by the woody smell of the dark pasted walls, a gentle flicker of a table side lamp, and the soft stream of moonlight that flowed into the room through the small window. It was...comfortable to say the least, although she preferred space to call her own. Or rather, anywhere with Xavier was soothing, as he seemed to melt away her walls and warm her cold heart with his hands.