Chapter 10

Wednesday made her way back after an hour at the beehive, Eugene sending some honey for her and Enid, more so for her roommate than herself. She found it odious that he had a crush on Enid; he reminded her so much of Pugsley. Although she despised him at times, there was room in her heart for another little brother. Though at times she wished to use her guillotine on both of them.

She walked into the courtyard and immediately came into contact with the very werewolf and her stoner boyfriend, splitting a milkshake of some sort as they giggled happily together. The noirette attempted to sneak past them, but Enid spotted her before she could run. She made a quick mental note to work on her stealth skills as she walked over to the couple, a putrid expression crossing her face as she neared the nearly intoxicating scent of both their perfume and cologne mixing together.

"Hey! Do you and Xavier wanna go out to eat with us? We heard there was this new fancy restaurant, and we wanted to try it out tonight. Plus it has like, the best ratings! I did a vlog on it a while ago, when Connor went with Liz on a date there, but never actually researched it much until now."

Wednesday shrugged. 

It wasn't like she wanted to go, but she knew the blonde would pester her to death if she directly declined. But more so, she would hunt down the long-haired boy once she learned what the raven had seen.

"He more than likely will be taking Bianca," she muttered, barely audible to Enid.

"Hm? Weds?" Enid inquired.

"I'll go."

Enid clapped her hands and hopped off the bench, jumping around excitedly as Ajax grinned over at the monochrome girl.

"Glad you're coming," he chuckled, and she curtly nodded before quickly pivoting and heading back to her dorm.

Upon returning, she was greeted by the familiar appendage that assisted her in whatever she desired, and he stood there silently as she unbuttoned her coat.

"Did you do what I asked?" 

Yes and no.

"What does that mean? It shouldn't be a 'yes or no.' Did you see Bianca and Xavier together again or not?"

They briefly interacted but with nothing more than a friendly smile.

"Mhm," Wednesday hummed, looking around aimlessly as she mentally tried to piece an outfit together. She rummaged through drawers, quietly murmuring to herself nonsensical explanations for her agreement to attend this outing. Thing silently listened, standing on her bed as he waited for her to leave so that he could assemble something.

Giving up, she decided that she felt like shooting something. She quickly left, and Thing got to work finding a nice outfit because Satan knew she was not going to return to the topic in time for this event.

~~

Wednesday pulled back her arrow, releasing it quickly. She hit the bullseye, for the 24th time in a row; per her usual, she would expect nothing less. Because that would mean her years of training would amount to nothing. She knew she was trying not to focus on Xavier, and it was failing miserably. She wanted to be doing this with him, not because she wanted to get over him. 

It was asinine to believe someone would acquire feelings for her romantically, and she almost pitied herself for leading her heart into a trap where it would end out being punctured and deflated into a worthless sack of tissue and muscles. But she was one to hope too high for herself, set ambitious goals, and fail to achieve them when it came to social things such as this.