Chapter 16

^^I was listening to this and felt it would be nice for when she plays. Go to 5:15, one of my favorite parts ^^

~~~

Wednesday woke to the sound of her alarm, and for the first time in months, she had slept through the night. She realized she was back in her dorm, confused about how she had gotten there. The last thing she remembered was Xavier running her fingers through her hair, and then she was out.

"Wednesday you up?"

Wednesday crawled from her bed, her hair tangled and frizzy from last night's hair-do. She wanted to grab a shower, and she was glad she had set her alarm to an hour and a half before she had to get to class. 

"So...did you enjoy last night?" Enid questioned, doing her eye shadow in the mirror.

"It was pleasant."

Enid looked up at her, smirking. 

"You know he carried you all the way here, making sure to tuck you into bed and everything. He was very gentle. It was adorable to witness."

Wednesday couldn't contain her blush. Was she really out that hard?

"...and he wouldn't let anyone wake you up like he shot daggers at us when we walked in. It was crazy cute," she stated, going back to her makeup.

Wednesday paused, almost letting herself melt in front of Enid. 

"Really?"

Enid almost stabbed herself in the eye, looking up quickly. She saw Wednesday's red cheeks and dazed expression before Wednesday straightened up again.

"OMG."

Wednesday tilted her head, giving Enid a look.

"You were totally just crushing so hard! AWWWW I ship y'all honestly."

"Was not." Wednesday always found herself back to deflecting any emotions that may have escaped, but she knew this time she was caught harshly and was ashamed. She ran into the bathroom for refuge, Enid sitting there with a small grin.

Wednesday was evolving, and she liked it.

~~

Wednesday was meeting Xavier in the courtyard so that they could go talk to the principal. She was having an internal battle on whether she should thank him for last night, ignore last night, or mention solely the movie part.  

She shook her head, knowing her mind should be on the stalker, not him. 

As he walked up to her, he gave her that grin that had been stuck in her mind. 

"Hey, long time no see. You ready?"

She nodded, offering a small smirk before starting for the principal's new office. They walked in awkward silence, neither one sure how to approach last night.

"Thank you," she said suddenly, looking away.

"For which part?" He tilted his head in her direction, the question catching her off-guard. 

"All of it, I would assume," she managed. He was going to be the death of her.

"You're welcome Wednesday. I still can't believe you fell asleep during the best part of the movie, it might have actually caused you to cringe."

She found her gaze drifting back to him, shrugging.

"Maybe we'll come back to it and see." Wednesday slowed her pace a little, meeting his eyes.