Meeting The Family: Part 2

July 1985

Lilliana couldn't get off the plane fast enough when they landed at Heathrow airport, she pulls Rami along with her, Azalea not far behind.

This time around, John and Veronica agreed to meet their daughter at the airport. Letting go of Rami's hand when she sees her parents, Lilliana crashes into her dad for a hug.

Grinning, John wraps his eldest in the tightest of hugs, "We've missed you."

The smell of home comforts her, "I've missed you too," She pulls away and hugs her mum then turns to her friends, "Mum, Dad, you know Azalea."

"Yes, lovely to see you again, Azzy," John smiles.

"And you," Azalea smiles politely then spots her parents, "But my parents are over there, so I'll see you on the 11th of July, Lil."

Lilliana waves bye to her friend and then feels the elephant in the room, "Then this is my boyfriend, Rami."

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr and Mrs Deacon."

"We've heard a lot about you, Rami," Veronica smiles while John puts on a rather protective front so Veronica hurries them to the car.

Back at home, Rami is introduced to Lilliana's siblings then John waves him to the study once everyone disperses, "Dad, don't," Lilliana begs but John silences her.

"I just want a word," John assures his daughter, after everything that's happened in her life he has a right to be cautious.

"It's fine," Rami smiles, kissing her cheek and follows the bassist.

"Let him have this," Veronica leads Lilliana up to her room, carrying Rami's bag up, "If you give your dad a moment to have a private word with him, you'll find he's more willing to accept Rami."

"I know but I really do like Rami and I want our relationship to last."

"And it will, but I honestly believe your dad isn't the person to worry about. Roger is will be to biggest hurdle, you have dubbed him the favourite uncle after all and that comes with responsibilities."

"Does it?" Lilliana frowns.

"That's what Roger told me. You'll get their approval tonight. You, me, your dad and Rami are going for dinner at Garden Lodge."

"Oh God," She mutters, "At least I already have Uncle Freddie's approval. Two down, two to go. I'll prepare Rami when he comes up." If anyone is going to scare Rami away then it's Roger.

------

Sitting in the armchair across from John, Rami is nervous about what he wants to ask John but he needs to pass this test before he can.

John can see the boy's anxiousness and is glad of it because it tells him from the off that Rami cares for his daughter, "I'm not going to interrogate you if that's what your thinking, I just want to know that you are aware of Lilliana's past."

"Oh well aware, Sir, and I promise I'd never harm her or push her to do anything she doesn't want to do."

"Good and John is fine," John laughs to himself, "I also want to say thank you. I'm grateful to you for comforting and supporting her during the pregnancy, the stabbing and losing the baby. I know you helped her find the courage to leave the flat again. She rang us after coming out of the hospital saying she was too scared to leave the flat, I rang her the evening after you helped her, ready to say I'd be on the next flight out but to hear that she was okay and got over the fear was a weight of worry off my shoulders."

"I did it because I love her," And he'd happily do it again, "I know we haven't been together that long but I care for your daughter, she's been through so much but still manages to come out the other side smiling, which is inspiring to me, the least she deserves is to be happy."